Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember this?

View attachment 1616026

24/7 job.
House too small (yes, she's talking about the palatial crappy bungalow here).

Lol
House too small for it? šŸ˜‚ that 4 bed detached house/bungalow with stairs?!

I, like many, spent lockdown WFH with my partner in the living room of our small 1 bed flat. Still together and doing well, married now.

If your relationship couldnā€™t survive that it probably wasnā€™t up to much anyway. And/or your narc ways are what killed it. Stop kidding yourself Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Remember this?

View attachment 1616026

24/7 job.
House too small (yes, she's talking about the palatial crappy bungalow here).

Lol
This grates my corned beef. Mr N was furloughed while I worked mostly from home and it was trying at times but we just made the best of it. Because thatā€™s what you do in a partnership. It didnā€™t take long for LJC to LEAVE after lockdown started so it must have been an absolute nightmare for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Mr Goat and I managed to get and stay married during an šŸ”ŗextended lockdownšŸ”ŗ in a two (but officially one) bedroom flat with no outdoor access and only one desk so Iā€™d like to call utter bullshit on it being lockdown as opposed to, say, Jackā€™s entire personality, that ā€œkablammedā€ her relationship with LJC.

I just really, really hope this increasing exposure doesnā€™t stir up a whole raft of poor quality articles which miss the point and give fuel to Jackā€™s supporters. I managed a couple of sentences of Sunday Woman and gave the duck up. I need Donā€™t F*ck With Cats levels of forensic detail or Iā€™m out.
So many friends of mine broke up after lockdown. A few marriages ended too. I think if there are problems within a relationship, lockdown was just a massive magnifying glass.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
PSA for newer fraus, I think I've cracked efficient searching for topics (on my PC), but if anyone has a better way please please let me know!

Hit SEARCH on the top right of the screen, then ADVANCED SEARCH
From the blue bar options above the search fields click SEARCH THREADS
Put your search term e.g. "LBC" or "Costwold Company" in KEYWORDS
Scroll down the fields to SEARCH IN FORUMS and select BLOGGERS (I can't see any way of narrowing it down further to just Jack, but most search terms are very Jack-specific anyway)
Under this are the ORDER BY fields - select DATE so you can easily see chaos kick-off vs subsequent hilarity, then hit SEARCH

This does not compare to the machine-like glorious mental filing and recall of the onlie begetters of this canal, but it does help.

Go well x
Worth noting as well that it's easy to search by keyword + poster on Tattle. This is a great feature as nine times out of ten when I'm looking for something specific, I can just search for the relevant keyword in posts by @Marmalade Atkins and I know it'll be there.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
How on earth does the ā€œten minute mackerel end (sp!) mushroom risottoā€ that includes cup-a-soup and mackerel taste ā€œlike the real thingā€? I have no idea what ā€œreal thingā€ sheā€™s alluding to here, but itā€™s DEFINITELY not risotto.

Sounds more like ā€œthe real thingā€ is the contents of that big 1970s school dinners leftovers bin that all the most inedible stuff got scraped into by hundreds of little children.
Do you mean the slop bin dear heart?

I have no idea what tinned mackerel and cup a soup should taste like, so anyone could tell me it was the real thing and I would believe them providing I didn't have to eat it!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Still catching up. Iā€™m glad sheā€™s off Twitter but missing Jock Monroe, appropriating a Scots Tweet accent and inventing haggis soup. Whilst claiming to be poorer than everyone, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Good afternoon canal coolnal!

Loving the "other" unofficial patreon measure of Jack's mess appreciators today - 705 last week, 703 two days ago and now 695. Still no idea of what data set it's actually drawing from, but the decrease still warms my bitter, shrunken little heart.

Really looking forward to the pending Expert Tattle Official Patreon Report. *rubs thighs*

View attachment 1615715
This is really interesting tbh + canā€™t wait to see how it aligns with the other/old(?) dataset. Are you logged in / a subscriber / a follower if you donā€™t mind me asking so I can try and replicate this num? Our script is just reading the landing page w/o a login, I wonder if I should make something that also scrapes however youā€™re viewing this and we can run the two concurrently? Exciting tho thatā€™s quite the drop šŸ˜³

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Iā€™m not sure sheā€™s really in their remit though is she? I wish she was. Itā€™s one of my faves.
I'm not sure either tbh, it's on my list of stuff to listen to at some point. There is a nutrition angle that needs exploring so maybe.

Reactions: 14
I'm not sure either tbh, it's on my list of stuff to listen to at some point. There is a nutrition angle that needs exploring so maybe.
Oh definitely. They tend to do critiques on diet books or wellness fads but if they did a deep dive on the nutrition in her recipes and maybe did a test of some of them that would be amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Whilst we're trying to manifest our dream Jack takedowns, mine would be Patrick Radden Keefe šŸ™šŸ¾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Jack defender squiqs are getting a bit desperate. Using the how many years old (?) Katie Hopkins defeat to drum up support for our favourtie slopmaker.

2/10 - must try harder, Squig x

1664551686259.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Iā€™m just reading some Sherlock Holmes, which I find soothing, and Conan Doyle refers to a ā€˜slop shopā€™. I had visions of Mrs Jack Monroe Miggins serving up gruel and porter to sailors but it turns out that they were shops that sold cheap clothing.

As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So many friends of mine broke up after lockdown. A few marriages ended too. I think if there are problems within a relationship, lockdown was just a massive magnifying glass.
We all know she is not in bed with the truth most of the time but she said as well she streaked when LJC was on a video call. And thatā€™s the kind of thing I think she was telling the truth about

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
This is really interesting tbh + canā€™t wait to see how it aligns with the other/old(?) dataset. Are you logged in / a subscriber / a follower if you donā€™t mind me asking so I can try and replicate this num? Our script is just reading the landing page w/o a login, I wonder if I should make something that also scrapes however youā€™re viewing this and we can run the two concurrently? Exciting tho thatā€™s quite the drop šŸ˜³
I mentioned before I made a creator's page to see how easy/difficult it was to pause subs for patrons and when I look at JM's page, I see 777 patrons. I'm not sure why this is.
Screenshot_20220930_162827_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's those comments that reveal her true self. House too small? LFC it's a pretty substantial detached property. My house during lockdown was a half the size terrace and there were 5 of us in it and I considered myself very bloody lucky. Nothing is good enough for her. She sees bigger, which she believes to be better and thinks 'why shouldn't I have that'. It's ludicrous and gross.
A lot of families went through lockdown with no personal or outside space, never mind a spare bedroom and spare living room and several extensions. It's so offensive, and so obviously a fantasy excuse for the real reason.

Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.