Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s is so satisfying that her downfall started with her shooting herself in the foot with HH2 then doubling down with Spudgate. It’s even more perfect that she’s become a laughing stock, the one attack she can’t deal with is humour - the hilarity of this place must have been absolutely destroying her and being laughed at openly on twitter just made her short circuit.

I’m not fussed about any shortfalls in the podcast. She’s vampired and shat on so many different groups of people she can be torn apart on each one by the experts in that field at leisure once the big picture is out there. Good is all that’s needed, perfect isn’t.

Reactions: 74
BBC Sounds app x

Reactions: 16
wishing you and your partner well on your journeys

Reactions: 39
I thought it meant there might be a newsworthy item ‘dropping’ tomorrow and I got all excited like Christmas time
Patience tender one, it’s coming. We don’t need too much all at once or we’ll become overexcited and make ourselves sick- like toddlers jumping on a bouncy castle after mainlining Sunny Delight and E numbers at an 80s children’s’ party.

Reactions: 60
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and just want to say this forum is amazing! I've been off sick for the week and basically "binge watched" the Monroe box set, I have so many FEELINGS

Reactions: 110
I can imagine someone with multiple fridges and freezers might lose track of what they have and need to do a regular stock take

Reactions: 47
I can imagine someone with multiple fridges and freezers might lose track of what they have and need to do a regular stock take
Until recently I had two fridge freezers but one DIED the other day. I never felt the need to do a stock take. You just take a quick look in the fridge/freezer/cupboards right?!

I must admit I am missing my second fridge freezer. There's only three of us but we all drink different cold drinks which took up much of the space.

Reactions: 19
I just want to say as a fellow friend of Bill W you sound far wiser and further in sobriety than Jack. Keep up the good work, I promise it is absolutely worth it.

Reactions: 54
I have been told this too.

Reactions: 65
I can’t say too much but a well known glossy women’s lifestyle mag has just put out a comment request, on the media database I use, for response to the Medium article on Jack.

Reactions: 154
Many years ago when my and my oh had just started living together I tried to make a bolognais out of burgers as I had no mince in, and the shops were shut. Readers, it was rank. Burgers have a lot of fat in them, or the birds eye ones I used did, they also have gristly bits which you don't seem to notice when it's in a bun.

I looked at the greasy mess boiling on the hob and lost my appetite, we did attempt to eat it, but it was not pleasant and has never been repeated in 30odd years of being together

Last edited:
Reactions: 79
Yet again, a Jack exaggeration. A 30 weeker is not 3 months early and quite different to having a 27 or 28 weeker.

Reactions: 34
Can you imagine driving through the streets of Scotland having to listen to that, the fungus made me dizzy - in no fit state to operate heavy machinery! The show wants closing down.

Glossy mag - GR*ZIA??

Reactions: 31
Sorry if already been mentioned and I missed it, but I did have one thought ... does anyone think she was after a mention in BJ's honours list (hence her bigging up the HRHs so much) ? I always got the impression she was jealous Marcus Rashford got one.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.