Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My money's on Private Eye.
But Jack said they had previously looked into her and said she had done nothing wrong. Definitely sounds like she thinks Hislop and the Essex Celebrity Twitter Protection and Attack Squad are working together to protect her reputation. Unless she’s lying of course

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Surely we are only a week away from hearing schoolchildren in an argument “yer ma’s roasties are dire and yer dads a Leninist royalist who writes letters to the local paper”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Catching up (shan't say grunking) and I have no idea what brene brown means but it sounds middle class

I'm pleased to present an archive of Jack slagging off trifles https://archive.ph/cRlbA
I'm not partial to trifle myself but they all look completely normal and are professionally photographed so I don't get what Jack's problem is
Wow. Her comments on other people's food are: 1) inane, 2) seem like an attempt(?!?) at humor centered on her working-class trifle expectations of fruit cocktail, etc. in the face of elitist ingredients and fruit/cake/jelly organization, and 3) are pretty bleeping mean. I get that she likes her dad's recipe, whatever it is, and that she is attempting to joke about how that recipe has formed her expectations for trifle. But I cannot tell why some of the pics are an "abomination". She just sounds really rigid and unfunny. I just want to ask her what her bleeping problem is.

And then we see the trifle she comes up with. Nope. She has no sense of humor. Or taste. Jesus. Served with a tit-eating, bleached teeth, facetuned grin.

Wow!!! Her nasty comments about so many lovely trifles certainly makes "dire" seem very tame.

And saying there should be a trial at the Hague for crimes against food for one of them? Wtf

What a nasty lady.
I know. It's like when someone deviates from what she holds dear, it's abomination. But she cannot see why some people would get all bent out of shape about her bastardized cace e pepe made from rinsed spaghetti-os.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I don't know any media outlet that does an investigation and then phones up the subject to say "all clear, carry on". Unless m'learned friends are involved, or unless the subject phones them to ask what happened to the story. If JM is claiming that Private Eye did an investigation into her affairs and didn't find anything, and then phoned her to tell her that her reputation was clear and they wouldn't be doing a story, she's lying.

Private Eye has some very determined and skilled investigative reporters, who have done deep dives into major stories like the shell companies based overseas that own a lot of property in the UK, and the Royal Mail audits that mistakenly blamed errors on postmasters and refused to consider evidence that cleared the postmasters. I honestly don't think that an investigative team that thorough could look at JM's dealings and *not* find something suspicious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
But Jack said they had previously looked into her and said she had done nothing wrong. Definitely sounds like she thinks Hislop and the Essex Celebrity Twitter Protection and Attack Squad are working together to protect her reputation. Unless she’s lying of course
She's absolutely off her shithouse onion. I'm typing this for Jack's benefit (Hiya Huffycakes) becasue it's bloody obvious to anyone who has given it more than three seconds thought. No publication, let alone Private Eye will give you a lifetime clean bill of health. Maybe they looked into you when you were only a fledgling grifter and didn't find much but now you're fully grown griftasaurus, there's more to work with. You're fucked, Sunshine. WARNED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 125
Where does the fruit and Swiss roll come from? Jack's magical pantry?
Big Dave MBE adds a tin fruit cocktail (but only when Jack has a collab with Del Monte) and what looks like a rasher of bacon, then Jack sprays the top of the trifle gold to make Big Dave MBE laugh.

This sounds made up, I know. IT ISN'T.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 96
I don't know any media outlet that does an investigation and then phones up the subject to say "all clear, carry on". Unless m'learned friends are involved, or the subject phones them to ask what happened to the story. If JM is claiming that Private Eye did an investigation into her affairs and didn't find anything, and then phoned her to tell her that her reputation was clear and they wouldn't be doing a story, she's lying.
Woodward and Bernstein were not known for calling their subjects and telling them it's all good, they were in the clear.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Big Dave MBE adds a tin fruit cocktail (but only when Jack has a collab with Del Monte) and what looks like a rasher of bacon, then Jack sprays the top of the trifle gold to make Big Dave MBE laugh.
Is there also a tortoise garden ornament that Big Dave laughs at too? Or have I had a wild episode?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
As a kid I hated the tinned fruit in trifles. Just give me jelly, trifle sponges, custard and cream. I'll pour the hundreds nan .

(Burries dodgy pron post/searches, a la JM )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.