Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyGarden

VIP Member
I'm sorry but how the fuck did Right Said Fred get involved with the Jack Monroe saga?!

No idea what the deleted tweet said but this is getting truly surreal.

(I searched Jack Monroe on Twitter and this thread came up)

EDITED TO REFLECT IT WASN'T ABOUT JACK

She was mentioned in the tweet but not the subject of it.

APOLOGIES

Stand down

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
She was pissed at Gordon's because the cake was hidden in the cream. Apparently, proper trifle has cake in the jelly, ONLY. Blerp. Is jell-o necessary for trifle? Not gonna lie, I was raised in America and we thought trifle had cake, custard, fruit, fruit compote/coulis but I didn't learn about the jelly until GBBO started airing here a few years ago.

Edited to add: And booze. Lots of alcohol--rum with raspberries, Cointreau with chocolate and orange, kirsch with cherries, with peaches, with lots of stuff.
I don't put jelly in mine.

I thought Americans were obsessed with putting jelly in all sorts of things including jello salad?

• Haha

overdueanadventure

Chatty Member
I took the screenshot on 19th December 2020. It's from Instagram but Jack has since deleted the post (I assume) along with hundreds of other posts.

Original tattle post here:
Oh that says it's from her book A year in 120 Recipes? Does anyone have a copy?

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
Catching up (shan't say grunking) and I have no idea what brene brown means but it sounds middle class

I'm pleased to present an archive of Jack slagging off trifles https://archive.ph/cRlbA
I'm not partial to trifle myself but they all look completely normal and are professionally photographed so I don't get what Jack's problem is
Marry me. (I did the same thing the other day, albeit from a different tweet: https://archive.ph/YKLmp)

• Heart

AyiaKnacker

I remember years ago she came out as 'mx', non binary and then won an award for something like 'inspirational woman' or some other guff. She was boasting about it on twitter so i commented ' ah so youre a woman when it suits you then?'
Is that pronounced ‘Mix’ or ‘Mucks’? One is clearly more appropriate here.

That’s a bold statement @sloppyjax 😬

• Haha