Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And here was me expecting some detail or nuance from this experienced political commentator. She should definitely run the country 🙄

View attachment 1599713

She'll drone on endlessly with long threads about nothingness, but when there's lots of detail to chew over she says nothing but one single tweet to say it's tit. And she's supposed to be great at offering an alternative?
Oh no. She’s found herself a buzz quote. This’ll be retweeted and used as a reply in quotes for days. Bad times 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 25
While looking for something else this popped up - Jack's pitch to Superdrug. I'd forgotten she asked people to send in their own stories around period poverty. Putting aside her woeful methods of storing data (I have a horrible feeling she probably printed things out for a lever arch folder), what a colossal wasted opportunity. People wrote to her with personal information to just throw it all away. Then blamed her losing the job on trolls.
Pathetic.

View attachment 1600039

View attachment 1600042
Or she could have just, I dunno, it feels awkward to say this…

Said ‘thanks Superdrug, but I don’t have expertise in this area. I’d need to harvest experiences from others. I’ve done a quick search on social media and found these fantastic people who are sharing their experience of period poverty and XYZ. Please speak to them. Their voices deserve to be heard”.
instead she took an opportunity someone else could have had, and could have made a material difference in.
I was heartened and at the same time a bit jarred at the genuine kindness of a poster on here who said the other day that they previously offered Jack an opportunity to apply for a job with a salary of around 50k and she didn’t respond.
i have to say with honesty that I feel both uncomfortable and disappointed that these type of jobs end up going to the same type of folk and others just don’t get the same opportunities she does.
i truly hope that whoever gets that job is amazing at it and I hope they come from a background where nothing has been handed to them on a plate and they’ve worked their socks off to get to where they are. These are the people who deserve it, not a grifter like Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Clearly Essex po po are lying about the existence of the super secret celebrity squad. Jack is autistic and LITERALLY CAN'T LIE.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
How is she going to wriggle out of this latest pickle? Is she going to say that Lindsay Hayward, Community Safety and Engagement Officer from Essex Police is lying when they say:

"There is no one specifically tasked with monitoring the social media accounts of those in the public eye."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
How is she going to wriggle out of this latest pickle? Is she going to say that Lindsay Hayward, Community Safety and Engagement Officer from Essex Police is lying when they say:

"There is no one specifically tasked with monitoring the social media accounts of those in the public eye."
Ignoring it.
That's the plan. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Clearly Lindsay's email was hacked by a mendacious troll who sent this reply

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I think Martin Lewis was behind everyone claiming their bank charges back, which was immense. We got over 2000 from that and banks dont charge the same way they used to. He is open and honest about his business dealings and the money he has made, as far as I know. I actually like him a alot.
Seconding this. If he hadn’t made so much noise about I wouldn’t have recovered almost 6k in PPI compensation.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Remembering BIB for a TT later

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
What is the difference between influencer rates and campaigner rates in a brand deal? I thought the industry standard was about 100quid a post per 10000 followers, so a 500k following should mean a sponsored post is quite lucrative, about 5k a post. A selfie showing you on the way to the store, a haul brought back..what is the going rate for that? Apropos of nothing.
I think this is one of JM’s many inner struggles. Built her empire on making noise and campaigning and wants to take those numbers as influencers would. That’s called selling out Jack.

Reactions: 24
Seconding this. If he hadn’t made so much noise about I wouldn’t have recovered almost 6k in PPI compensation.
I didnt believe it would work and they settled but I think the biggest achievement there was the change to bank charges. I used to dread accidentally going overdrawn because it was thirty quid and a major financial collapse and a spiral that I couldnt manage. Now its 6quid. I dont go overdrawn but I am not terrified to do so accidentally. Whatever he does he is responsible for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I think Martin Lewis was behind everyone claiming their bank charges back, which was immense. We got over 2000 from that and banks dont charge the same way they used to. He is open and honest about his business dealings and the money he has made, as far as I know. I actually like him a alot.
He’s also been active over the last few days, putting pressure on the DWP about the £150 disability cost of living payment that was supposed to be paid into accounts earlier this week but hasn’t been.

Something that should have been right up JM’s alley if she gave a tit about anyone but herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.