Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the difference between influencer rates and campaigner rates in a brand deal? I thought the industry standard was about 100quid a post per 10000 followers, so a 500k following should mean a sponsored post is quite lucrative, about 5k a post. A selfie showing you on the way to the store, a haul brought back..what is the going rate for that? Apropos of nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If you haven’t watched the video clip that @kachoochoo linked to on the last thread, you really should.

After she says the line about how people contact her daily telling her she’s saved them £100 a week, she says ‘and what people don’t realise is that’s equivalent to a £5000 pay rise.‘ No it isn't you mathematically illiterate buffoon (I mean I am mathematically challenged but even I know that’s a pile of cack).

And then she just continues to make everything ALLL ABOUT HER all the way through. And she wonders why she doesn’t get invited back.

I thought I was over being annoyed with her. Nope.

The people she's "saving £100 a week" on food certainly ain't the low income ones. Fucks sake.

• Wow
Reactions: 62
I feel very sorry for the poor sods who get crap Xmas gifts and have to complain to Trading Standards in January, because that particular office will already be swamped with complaints from people who saw the word ‘delicious‘ on the front of Jack’s new book and have, quite rightly, taken umbrage.

There are adjectives to describe Jack’s recipes, ‘delicious‘ is not one of them.

Tattle could provide her publishers with a list of truthful adjectives… like Primary schools provide to children when they write stories….

Dreary
Dreadful
Tasteless
Terrible
Tragic

I once tried her recipe for chocolate chip biscuits, she suggested it doesn’t matter what sugar is used in almost all other recipes. The scientific world was rocked to its core when she stated melted butter would mess up the recipe ‘coz science’. Stephen Hasking must have died happy knowing Jack was in command of the entire subject.

The biscuits were not pleasant.
She makes pastry by melting the butter/fat in the microwave then stirring it into flour.
Reading that made me realise she was a crap cook with no knowledge of food or cooking techniques.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Evening Canal, what times these last few days have seen. I’ve been following along and will add my two pennorth worth.
The Pink News award, anyone and I mean everyone except Jack would have basically retweeted and said, vote for Kyiv Pride. But no, not Jack.
That FOI response is most excellent.
I kind of want to buy Jack’s book so I can leave an absolute scathing ‘verified purchase’ review.
I have ordered a new T-shirt for court, it’s just got Nefarious PYG on it. Might change my name via deed poll.
As you were Ninnies. I’m off for a bucket of gin and some pickled onion crisps.
Jack remains an absolute clown shoe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Anyone who actually cared about campaigning against poverty or providing recipes for small budgets or whatever it is she thinks her niche is, would not be so bothered by someone else doing the same or a similar thing. Because surely the point is that awareness is raised, resources are provided, etc.
A rising tide lifts all shits, after all. 🌊🚢:poop:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She makes pastry by melting the butter/fat in the microwave then stirring it into flour.
Reading that made me realise she was a crap cook with no knowledge of food or cooking techniques.
The chefs are wrong then. The secret to good pastry isnt chilled butter and cold implements and it really doesnt matter if the butter melts and wont give you gluey stodgy weirdness instead of pastry... I shall adapt my shortcrust and flaky recipes immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Verrrrrrry behind thanks to whoever pointed
If you haven’t watched the video clip that @kachoochoo linked to on the last thread, you really should.

After she says the line about how people contact her daily telling her she’s saved them £100 a week, she says ‘and what people don’t realise is that’s equivalent to a £5000 pay rise.‘ No it isn't you mathematically illiterate buffoon (I mean I am mathematically challenged but even I know that’s a pile of cack).

And then she just continues to make everything ALLL ABOUT HER all the way through. And she wonders why she doesn’t get invited back.

"I find that flavour becomes such an important part of making...genuinely a banging dish"

Hmm.

ETA why does she always sound like she's about to cry?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I keep thinking about her tantrum about JO and the whole "he's moving into my NICHE!" wanting to rip cans open with her bare hands thing....it really does make you think.

Anyone who actually cared about campaigning against poverty or providing recipes for small budgets or whatever it is she thinks her niche is, would not be so bothered by someone else doing the same or a similar thing. Because surely the point is that awareness is raised, resources are provided, etc.

But to Jack it's an encroachment on her territory, because SHE wants to be the ONLY ONE who comes up with recipes for the poors. No one else is allowed to know how to be thrifty with food! Only me! Me me me!!!
Even though he wrote a “Save With Jamie” book a whole year before hers came out WHICH SHE OWNS A COPY OF.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I think there's a major typo, Poverty Activist should say Poverty Actor.
Easy mistake to make, bet it was autocorrect.

Let's face it, a poverty activist would be pouring over today's announcements and highlighting how worse off the poorest are going to be.

Martin Lewis will be..
As a matter of interest how does ML make his money.? I’m genuinely curious what his business model is compared to jackaroo’s griftathon

Reactions: 11
As a matter of interest how does ML make his money.? I’m genuinely curious what his business model is compared to jackaroo’s griftathon
Ad revenue from his website I’d imagine it gets almost as much traffic as Jacks threads here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I thought she literally couldn’t lie?

View attachment 1599875
"All one has to do..."
The Royals are on to her now.. 🤪

"Lewis founded the website MoneySavingExpert.com. He sold the website in 2012 to the Moneysupermarket.com group for up to £87 million."

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
So there isn't an Essex Celebrity Squad?
Well duck me.
Jack must've {gulp} lied?

(She could pretend they are under secret deep cover - but hang on that wouldn't work as she spoke about them 🤔😂)
I hope the extra information was passed on....😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Martin Lewis sold MSE for over £80m. He’s not short of a bob or two and I think genuinely still wants to help people.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Screenshot_20220923-191333_Twitter.jpg

That's exactly how the British legal system works, dear squig. Anyone who hates Jack will end up before the beak and they won't be allowed to speak.
The Law is on Her side.

• Haha
Reactions: 101
While looking for something else this popped up - Jack's pitch to Superdrug. I'd forgotten she asked people to send in their own stories around period poverty. Putting aside her woeful methods of storing data (I have a horrible feeling she probably printed things out for a lever arch folder), what a colossal wasted opportunity. People wrote to her with personal information to just throw it all away. Then blamed her losing the job on trolls.
Pathetic.

Screenshot_20220923_181221.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_181259.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.