Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moxie_Mama

Hello Canal,

I've been MIA as it's school holidays here in Oz and we've been on a mini-break. I wanted to say hello properly and why I'm here. I'm just going to type, to see where it goes. Am also happy to answer questions too.

When Jack first appeared on the scene, I was sad to read about how hard she had it. The pictures of her looking miserable, SB being wheeled out for photos, the missing father, the list went on.

I was a bit ambivalent about it all, she was someone I followed on twitter, but that was about it. When she decided to become they and start on testosterone, I started following her closer, as I am also gender fluid and knew how hard it was to be one thing, but visually present in another way.
I sent some money over PayPal, and joined Patreon; because as a business model for artists, it works, providing artists deliver from their end. The kickstarter for the book too, I ordered two, requested one to be donated to my old senior school. Still not received either.

At the time; my partner and I were struggling financially, so I stopped paying. I then randomly received the aforementioned sh!t-house onion in April 2020 and the other three postcards. Which must have crossed over between me cancelling my subscription and Jack pulling her finger out of her arse to Do. Something.

I hadn't really kept track of what I'd sent over until I found you lot, (via Sali Hughes), started lurking and reading my way through. Then, I went back and was horrified to find it was just over £600. Needless to say, I feel stupid.

I came off twitter in the middle of the pandemic, as the stupidity of people was driving me mad. When AM published her article, I rejoined in August to cheer her on and be another voice in the crowd of 'It happened to me too. As I believed some of the BS and gave her the benefit of the doubt too often.'

Some things never added up:
  1. I remember looking at the mirror tiles in the kitchen thinking, 'You can't be that skint, none of the 'breadline' housing where I'm from has anything nice in it'. It's all functional. Then we got told that as she's renting, she didn't choose them etc.
  2. Moving miles away from SB's school.
  3. The illness(es) and miracle cures of honey and vinegar.
  4. The alcoholism, but being absolutely vicious on twitter to anyone faintly contradicting each her.
  5. The endless dragging furniture around, while being too sick to move.
  6. Why her family apparently did nothing to help her.
  7. Why the father of SB did apparently nothing to help her.
  8. Why the fricking hell she veers from 'LOOK AT ME!, LOOK AT ME!' to 'LEAVE ME ALONE, I just want to live a small life. I'm so mentally damaged, but can't shut the hell up.'
I also own that while I had a few 'Hmmms?' going, I try to believe people are who they say they are. I'm ashamed at how much I donated, how much I drank the Kool-aid. I know I'm not getting the money back, but I want to know where it went.

Lastly, I'm sharing this with you, not so you can laugh at me - although I'm sure some of you will. I'm sharing this with you to show that the tide is turning.

• Heart
Reactions: 211

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
3k squig having a hard and horrible time trying to get a refund from Jack Monroe's Patreon.

Jack - reign your nasty followers in, this is despicable. They are doing you no favours.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.17.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.24.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.35.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.46.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 166

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
There's going to be one of 2 outcomes here:

- another FOI reveal proving yet again, Jack Monroe has LIED
- a reveal that public money is being wasted on Z listers' fragile egos, which is not a good look for a so called poverty campaigner to be a part of when she should be pushing for that money to be spent on looking after people.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 153

Geetbo

VIP Member
With the exciting news that Grifty Kitchen has a release date, a few Fraus in the previous thread suggested they might buy it for the entertainment value. Please, I urge you all, DO NOT GIVE THIS LYING GRIFTER ANY OF YOUR MONEY!! There will be plenty of opportunities to take the piss when copies inevitably turn up in charity shops and libraries.
Or shoplift it. Jack herself has said this is OK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 143

jenny2603

VIP Member
I love the line ‘Posting you’re fucked sunshine and so on just makes you look silly as you clearly don’t understand how these things work’.
So simple, so damning, so embarrassing 😂
Screenshot 2022-09-23 21.23.15.png

This astute squig puts it best.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 137

Geetbo

VIP Member
I’m just watching Mary Berry, and she has just used a tin of baked beans and not rinsed the sauce off. The elitist bitch.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 135

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
She is UNBEARABLE.

How dare you only be writing that speech now you ungrateful, lying, middle class scumbag leech.

ASDA WERE ALREADY ROLLING OUT THE SMART PRICE
YOU DID FUCK ALL WITH THE ONS THEY WERE ALREADY CHANGING IT
SUPERDRUG WERE PAYING YOU
I DONT REMEMBER THE LAST ONE BUT I AM STUCK IN SHOUTY RAGE CAPS NOW SEND HELPOS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 132

Phillipa78

Chatty Member
Not sure what to do with this, but feel it's important as I've not seen this kind of escalation before.

Screenshot_20220924-223303.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 120

Yel

Chatty Member
And here was me expecting some detail or nuance from this experienced political commentator. She should definitely run the country 🙄

Screenshot_20220923_151842.jpg

She'll drone on endlessly with long threads about nothingness, but when there's lots of detail to chew over she says nothing but one single tweet to say it's shit. And she's supposed to be great at offering an alternative?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 116

FrankReagan

Chatty Member
75452018-0A20-4CD8-972F-9E061589D45C.jpeg

Well Catherine Cookson wrote fiction, and you’re going to write about being a ‘working class woman’. At last I see why you might have been asked.

YOU UTTER GOBSHITE.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 114

queenfeline

I don't know where this will fall on the thread, but just because I brought it up a few times in the JM threads, I had to say goodbye to my cat, Nigella, who I adopted back in 2013 when Nigella Lawson wasn't ya know, aligning herself with Jack.

I have no regrets about naming my cat Nigella, she made that name her own, but damn if it isn't annoying to see the inspiration behind her name align herself with someone I detest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113