Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This tweet doesn't actually reflect her public actions.

View attachment 1603668

If she genuinely believed that people living in poverty are entitled to agency, dignity and joy, she wouldn't be doing her £20 shops and claiming that a family can live off them.

She'd be saying "here is a costed and nutritionally balanced menu for four people for a month, with some treats and the odd bit of junk because sometimes you need a day off from cooking. The income of a family of four on Universal Credit is £X, their disposable income after all bills is £Y, this menu costs £Z, the shortfall is £W, the government needs to step up and increase benefits to £V to allow for things like school shoes, hair cuts, and a week away on holiday once a year." But she doesn't do that. She plays right into the hands of people who say that benefits are too generous and the povs can manage if they just budgeted better, while all the time screaming about how evil the very people she's bolstering are, and I genuinely don't get how she doesn't see what she's doing.
BUt would a private company pay her for the haul? Or a political party use her. When she was recruited by Labour, its because they wanted someone who would discuss austerity without pointing out the policy that did it was shared by both Tories and Labour, someone who would shout mean old Tories and not notice Labour preventing discussion of it.

Reactions: 19
Yes, cut the manky bits off and the rest is fine, it’s not like illness causing microorganism loads are invisible to the naked eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Is that it? Is that the recipe? Or rather list of ingredients?
This is the Chicken Porridge recipe
Screenshot_20220925-110843.png
ETA just noticed there is NO salt in this recipe!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Chicken with vinegar and mayo in oat porridge. Jack is an excellent slimming aid
There are apparently two separate recipes. One is where you do something unspeakable to a chicken thigh with the mayo and the vinegar, the other is where you do something equally unspeakable but it involves oats, not mayo or vinegar.

Apparently you cook the chicken in the oven then blend it with the vinegar and mayo.

:sick:
Never have I been more tempted to hit the "report" link on a post.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Big Suze is an eternally wonderful and lovely character from ‘ Peep Show’ who is very very posh and always always sees the good in people even when they are disgustingly vile 😆
Was watching peep show last night and the little pixie is both jeremy and mark with the paranoia and self absoption of superhands.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Every time I see HH2 I think of the high-speed train.
I wonder how Jack got on with her application to be a train driver?

Morning nefarious ninnies. I decided to have a Jack-free evening last night so didn't read here. Somehow I ended up grunking through some MN threads about her instead 😆 It was heartening to see lots of people wising up to her shenanigans (and the thread being allowed to remain).

Anyway, I can see that Jack has inserted herself into an oatmeal scandal on Twatter so I'm reverse grunking today. Some of her fans are idiots like the bloke claiming there's only around 600 cals in 1kg of oatmeal. A basic Google tells you otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
On the upside at least here you are not wasting loads because chicken thighs are still quite cheap.

But thats a lot of porridge oats to waste on those recipes. I dont care how cheap porridge oats are, they did nothing to deserve being abused that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A good point that Jack, 90% vegan, takes no notice of whatsoever. Someone, somewhere pays a cost: cheap meat is the worst of all foods (& heavily subsidised, another thing she seems to be unaware of whilst shouting about dead people and rioting)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
This is the Chicken Porridge recipe
ETA just noticed there is NO salt in this recipe!
HOw is making a basic chicken stock indulgent?? And then to make a porridge out of it… just make a risotto or a nice bowl of chicken noodle/chicken and vegetable soup.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.