Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the fuck is this? A haunted loaf?
Grates my blinking parsnips that this watery icing is in the book when a bit of (thicker) icing or a syrup is so easy to make. A couple of lemons and some caster sugar heated up and brushed over with a pastry brush is gorgeous on a cake. But no, the horse is back out of retirement.

Reactions: 28
Dear heart mouse, do you not remember the greengage jam? That she cooked for hours on end until she was left with a small jar of brown sadness? To be served with cheap wet ham, just like grandad used to have.View attachment 1598860
Excellent, more proof for my theory that slow cookers are a con because everything comes out brown and tasting the same. I am a reasonable cook but slow cookers defeat me. Much prefer my electric pressure cooker.

Reactions: 19
we should all have a honest doing this lol

Reactions: 6
I can't wait to see what cost of living campaigner of the year Jack Monroe has to say about today's 'mini budget'.

Or rather, whose hot take will she appropriate to send an angry tweet about later when she wakes up.
She must be on her way to Hastings to promote the Grifty Kitchen

Reactions: 10
"I have tinned peaches in the cupboard" sounds vaguely threatening.

I would love to read her latest slop tome but no fucking way am I giving her a penny. I'll just cross my fingers that I find one in a bin sometime.

Reactions: 40
When I first saw "depressipes" I assumed you lot had made up the word to express how gut-wrenchingly disappointing the food efforts were. For that, it's a brilliant word.

Reactions: 31
Campaigning to fill her tip jar, boost her patreon

Reactions: 16
Its that a real thing? I mean why does the penis have news?

'Today was hard'

"Feeling floppy after a long hard day"

'Hairy moment when the ball got stuck'
It's what some GCs call it for its lack of lesbian representation and dick pandering (me-rail, I'm moderately GC but think there's bullies and extremists on both sides)

Reactions: 14
Phew! I think I can save Nigel from going on my sh1t list as he cleverly avoids saying anything about her actual cookery skills or how tasty her food is AND it's a recycled quote from 2.5 years ago.
I see that Nigel is with the same Agency as JM. I know it’s common/expected to big-up other clients of your Agency. Even if they can’t cook and are a professional embarrassment.

The price is high for a slop and old hair manual.

I wonder if her publishers are going to link up with TT or the like in a teemill style "5p from every sale will pay for a pov to have emergency slop rations for 19 days".
BIB: #threadtitlenomination

Reactions: 18
I made this many moons ago, when our budget was very tight! Never again. Had a overwhelming fishy taste, not pleasant at all. And I'm someone that loves anchovies, so for me to be put off by a strong taste like that is saying something

Reactions: 13
Tip 1: keep a dumbbell by the loo and do 20 reps every time your bowels have to evacuate some of the slop in this book you've lovingly recreated. Just don't trip over it and bash your face on the sink/tap/bath/medicine cabinet/studio equipment.

Tip 2: check yourself into an expensive celebrity dayhab with mandatory therapy sessions. It'll do fuck all and you'll somehow come out a worse person than when you went in, but you'll get a weighted hula hoop out of it so you can stay trim between Twitter meltdowns.

Reactions: 27
The Pink News awards were the perfect opportunity for Jack to be selfless for once (and it would cost her nothing financially).

Instead of her 'pick me' post she could have said something like "I'm honoured to be nominated but would like to use my position of privilege and high profile to raise up and highlight organisations/people like Kyiv Pride/whoever. Please vote for them"

But she's a narcisistic tw@t, so she didn't.

Reactions: 61
She’s said nowt on the mini budget then? 1% cut on income tax from April for those earning 12-50k but a 5% cut for those earning 150k or over. It’s almost like she could have taken issue with that if she understood or gave a shit. (Cue late, angry Tweet, retweet of Martin Lewis etc.)

Bankers’ bonuses uncapped and borrowing hugely increased. Borrowing has doubled in 10 years and it’s our children who will end up paying the price.

I think this is my aneurysm. That she or any of her followers seriously believe she’s an anti poverty campaigner. She doesn’t even understand poverty. It’s not Tweeting Asda to be allowed to buy four tins of cheap beans. That achieves absolutely fuck all.

Jack Shit, she should be called. Because that’s how much she cares about people in desperate and genuine poverty. Campaigner my arse. She campaigns for donations to her PayPal first and foremost. And no amount of poor me Tweets will ever detract from that.

Reactions: 64
Tip 1 - completed it mate.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
The Pink News thing is just odd. Do you think her friend's at DivaPDF might have nominated her or something?

The Pink News Awards blurb says "The annual PinkNews Awards aims to recognise the incredible contributions of those who campaign for LGBTQ+ equality worldwide, whilst celebrating moments of unprecedented LGBTQ+ achievement."

All the other nominees for the Campaigner award are definitely campaigners for LGBTQ+ causes, not campaigners who are also LGBTQ+

Even in her fantasy world where she single-handedly invented the VBI and forced ONS to adopt it when doing their statistics, is there anything that would count as LGBTQ+ campaigning? She doesn't even do the "ASDA cheapo beans being WITHDRAWN disproportionately affects LGBTQ+ people because they're more likely to be in poverty" thing.

She'd be a better fit for Local Leader (for all the quiet and gentle unseen work she does for Southend LGBTQ+ charities/groups) or Community Role Model (for being Non-Binary on Twitter and on the cover of DivaPDF and sometimes on the telly).

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.