Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, that makes sense. And if it was happening to me, the first thing I'd do would be to avoid social media anyway.
I just... don't understand what she gets from it.
Attention and virtual "you poor thing" back-pats.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Nominating squig words for next thread title:

Which police squad do you think will be assigned to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?
The 15% off Bureau?
Department of crappy Discounts?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My spouse works for a foodbank that supplies foodbanks. Most of their work is coordinating with grocery stores, food producers, etc. to divert soon-to-be-wasted food to foodbanks. The rules: the foodbanks cannot ask recipients any questions about their finances, their car, their job, their religion, their race, their gender, their family, their age, etc. The presumption is that getting people fed is a good thing. That people deserve healthy food. That people shouldn't have to feel like they have to prove their worthiness to get through life. The TT's assumption that everyone who uses their services is dishonest is fucked up.
We try to adhere to the three visits before deeper questions because it’s not about deserving it’s about ensuring far better support than three boxes of food sticking plaster - if someone regularly can’t feed themselves or family there is a deeper problem to be resolved. Food is the last possible saving and if people are doing that they need more than food.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Is there any chance what she's saying has been happening and we just don't know about it? I realize I'm probably being too kind-hearted but is she really making everything up? I just can't seem to admit it, it's so HUGE.
I’d go with she’s making 99% up. You’re not too kind-hearted - you’re just astounded to think that someone could be that twisted. That realisation is why I’m here. I get comfort from the canal as I really do find it hard to process, even though I’m sure she’s a wrong’un. Now duck off x

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I thought the attacks only happened during the Sabbath when her lawyer obviously doesn't work.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She was interviewed under caution for benefit fraud even though she has 10k a month coming in and doesnt claim benefits. She doesnt know how grown up government depatments calculate whether its cost effective to pursue an investigation does she? Bless. Sweet summer child. Smol pixie doesnt know much does she?
It just occurred to me that she might not have been interviewed under caution by the DWP, but it might actually have been HMRC instead. Always a minute grain of truth - and I mean minute - somewhere.
Just speculation m'lud x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Is there any chance what she's saying has been happening and we just don't know about it? I realize I'm probably being too kind-hearted but is she really making everything up? I just can't seem to admit it, it's so HUGE.
  1. Oh sweet summer child. It's all made up. Stick around if you can stand it and then you'll know. Be brave.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The biggest lie is obviously that charities (plural) she works with are being hassled.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The food bank near me is very informal. No referral or appointment, just pop in, fill out a form for your dietary requirements, and they will make you a coffee whilst a volunteer packs a bag with 3 days' food. They also provide information about other support agencies, and clients can chat about that if they want.

Also.... Go to bed, Jack, you histrionic prat

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I hope I get triangulated and summonsed to appear in court, asked to explain the concept of the infamous pumble to the judge. It would be the honour of my life

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.