Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brave women leading the charge which was definitely started by TD all those years ago. Also Kirsty S and Laura Waddell.
Not generalising as at least one of her serious 2020 T rolls was a women but the majority of any nasty twisted stuff aimed at Jack is usually courtesy of a bloke.
TD does deserve a lot of credit and I'm really glad she feels bold enough to speak out openly now - as I remember, her comments were more subtweety until recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
DIVA today is the perfect example of how toxic Jack Monroe has now become to any brand or individual that gets in bed with her (no pun intended).

Until Jack fully and openly addresses all her shady financial practices regarding her pretend poverty, working-class cosplay, Patreon, Teemill and PayPal this will keep happening to anyone that tries to support or defend her questionable conduct.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Omg Diva have now blocked some of the squigs who have replied to their original tweet!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
So happy for DIVA. This is the most engagement their Twitter has seen in forever 🥰 go well, pals.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
I think HH2 was a big turning point. It contained nonsense that didn't require an honorary degree in Jack Monroe Lore to see through. Followed quickly by Molly was like a one-two punch. People were emboldened to take the piss out of rinsed hoops and Jack lost control of the narrative.
Absolutely this. Hundreds of people would never have cottoned on to the grift if she hadn't written HH2. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
It’s such bullshit. As someone who works for a small charity we’d kill for any social media exposure to bring attention to our work (and hopefully funding). It’s what keeps small charities afloat. No charity is like “Nah Jack, please don’t tell anyone what we do, we don’t want people accessing our services or progressing our cause”. If my charity got a shout out from someone with Jack’s folllower count they’d be besides themselves.
Even if the small charities wanted anonymity (pretending for a minute they exist), then why couldn't Jack have broadly described them with the amount donated by her followers?
Eg 'a refuge in Essex got £850. Here is the redacted receipt'.
Her tweet about doing things quietly and privately is just not acceptable when it comes to transparency with public donations. And she promised complete transparency.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Spent most of the day trying to get my new laptop working at work and not a peep out of Jack!
That Diva tweet is tone deaf! Alienating the rest of the community because Jack is a victim who can never be wrong - stupid twats.

Reactions: 59
The social media intern at Diva is having a completely normal day at the office I see.
If they have a social manager I actually feel so bad for them 😭 This support message is probably a request directly from Head Honcho Linda Ripper Riley. Someone on 25k pa in London whose workplace benefits are likely pizza nights on deadline day and free fruit and coffee simply doesn't get paid enough to deal with this tit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
I’ve felt truly terrible and so sorry for her mother from her mum’s posts in reply to her on two occasions (I only know of these two, there are surely more). One was when Jack was on a giant woe is me about her birthmarks and her awful parents, and her mother explained that Jack’s version was simply untrue.
The other time was when Jack was being all effusive and gushing about “Mom” on Twitter and her own mother responded because she (as you would) thought Jack was talking about her. Jack was talking about Nigella.
This makes me so sad every time I read it. I can only imagine that she's warned her family not to engage with via social media because she is portraying 'a character' for 'work'. Much like Lorraine Kelly. But, of course, Jack could never say as much as that would prove it all to be a lie made up to further her path to fame. She really has dug herself a deep and lonely hole.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.