Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My conspiracy theory is they’re cooking something up between them.

There’ll be this with the negative replies, a few defences thrown in by Diva/other associated blue ticks to try to wind up/provoke the dissenters. Then Jack will emerge from her silence with a tale of rehab/psychiatric treatment, driven to the edge by the trolls, all exclusively recounted for Diva.pdf and featuring screenshots of the replies “as proof” left quicker than they can hide them, carefully cropped like that one defender already has cropped Kelly’s.
I don't think anyone is going to care if Jack makes a repeat appearance in Diva.pdf. We have seen today how seriously people take them. They just seem like clowns in Jack's sidecar.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I don't think anyone is going to care if Jack makes a repeat appearance in Diva.pdf. We have seen today how seriously people take them. They just seem like clowns in Jack's sidecar.
I agree actually, I just think Jack and Diva both have inflated impressions of their own importance as well as trying to ride some of the post-Bellfield wave in hopes of going viral.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
DIVA hiding replies is just going to make more people quote tweet it or screenshot it with their comments now.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I see the #istandwithjackmonroe hashtag is not trending. 😂😂
In fact it’s been used about twice in the last month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I agree actually, I just think Jack and Diva both have inflated impressions of their own importance as well as trying to ride some of the post-Bellfield wave in hopes of going viral.
I don't disagree with you except that I also think DIVA might hesitate about teaming up with Jack for her comeback. They might have learned a sudden lesson today.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Next thread title nomination.

DIVA. Like clowns in Jack's sidecar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Her mum really does try to support her without triggering the chaos - it’s so gentle and loving (also ties down the adoptive brother is 15 so wasn’t ever pseudo mothered as she left aged 16/17/18 and is nearly 35. Interesting they deliver food rather than the normal invite round dynamic but can imagine why. View attachment 1592562
LJC! The state of that tenderstem. What was it that Cheryl Cole once said in a shampoo advert (albeit in reference to hair, not broccoli)? 'Weak? Limp? Lifeless?'

ETA: Obvs not poking fun at the fact that her mum made her a meal, that's very sweet, but I am, however, a broccoli pedant!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Kelly is emerging as a unique kind of heroine here - 30something lifestyle blogger who won't be pushed around by Jack.

What's really interesting to me is that a month ago, Kelly would have been celebrated on Tattle as a brave pioneering outlier. At last, someone stands up to Jack!

Now, Kelly is part of a group including Trifle, Molly and that academic poverty scholar, who just won't let it drop. It's changed a lot since... when, July?
Brave women leading the charge which was definitely started by TD all those years ago. Also Kirsty S and Laura Waddell.
Not generalising as at least one of her serious 2020 T rolls was a women but the majority of any nasty twisted stuff aimed at Jack is usually courtesy of a bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I don’t for one second believe that’s how much she raised. She was blagging to get more sales (as per all dodgy sales people) and it massively backfired so she had to cough up from her ‘own’ money when she didn’t actually make it through tshirt sales. I also think that the Trussel Trust told her point blank that they did not want any more money from her for the sales, because they didn’t approve the T-shirts in advance and the slogans were damaging for them. They’ve distanced themselves as much as possible, without losing the donation and without getting in trouble with the Fundraising Authority.
There's no way she made that amount of profit, cos she's a bit daft, she got total sales mixed up with profit, and then couldn't back track due to the amount of crowing she'd done about it. I'm convinced she made the money up our of her own pocket.

She will never be able to refund the patreons as she spent the money on tat.

Btw, did you read in they monstrous sticky toffee pudding recipe where she says you can use the prune juice in a salad dressing 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I don't disagree with you except that I also think DIVA might hesitate about teaming up with Jack for her comeback. They might have learned a sudden lesson today.
Hopefully it doesn’t attract any of the ridiculous squigs so there’s not much they can manipulate and they might rethink. All the comments so far are reasonable and hard to crop to be anything else, but if it attracts the crazy crowd it will be playing right into their hands.

Reactions: 23
Presumably they can’t hide or delete reply’s to the quote tweets? More than 20k followers, claims to be both gay and vegan(ish)
34575F65-B9AA-4867-99DD-5BE01E32AF68.jpeg
537D8D89-F9D5-4388-B48E-A34E009EC78B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
The owner (or editor?) of Diva is thick as mince, and, if I remember rightly, there was a scandal around her involvement in a womens history museum that ended up being a Jack The Ripper experience?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
As someone who used to work for a small charity our protocol was to ask the donor if they were happy to have it made public (some weren't but in this case she has stated publicly that she is fundraising, just not how much) and if they were to shout it from the rooftops how grateful we were. I can't believe that every single charity who has benefitted has said they don't want publicity.
It’s such bullshit. As someone who works for a small charity we’d kill for any social media exposure to bring attention to our work (and hopefully funding). It’s what keeps small charities afloat. No charity is like “Nah Jack, please don’t tell anyone what we do, we don’t want people accessing our services or progressing our cause”. If my charity got a shout out from someone with Jack’s folllower count they’d be besides themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.