Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBF if she admitted that she lied about the figure raised and was using subsequent donations to top up what she contributed from her own pocket (and also her mega tax bill) she could recover from it.

Like not totally, she’d obviously lose a lot of followers and work. But if she underwent a very public rehabilitation for compulsive lying she could ultimately still have something approaching a career and a lot of people would forgive her. God knows why because she’s such a charmless git, but they would.

She won’t do this, of course. It’d be a genuinely harrowing experience to have to look into yourself that deeply and have the abyss gaze back. It’d be brave though, even I would grudgingly respect her for it.
I think its safe to say the t shirt idea was a TERRIBLE one.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just thinking over her comment 'I don't put conditions on my donations'. Ignoring the fact they weren't HER donations - what is wrong with conditions on donations? Goes to show her lackadaisical attitude to money donated to her. Even if it is supposedly for something specific.

Reactions: 47
Check the typo for the Count 😳

I think the Teemill was Jack over egging the pudding. She bragged about the money raised, and eventually was held to that amount. It would be interesting to know how many bits of merch were actually sold though.
She was showing off to here.
She announced the awful merch and the response here was negative and horrified. So of course she had to prove us all wrong.
She probably thought that by saying £10k was sold would start some hype around it and FOMO.
It didn't.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
"The first person I saw I instantly hated and was disgusted and went back for a refund"

".Kevin’s supporters, with the best of intentions, would then tell Kevin to go to hell, and put the pasta back in the cupboard."

I am deceased ! (in the good way)

There are also couple of very Trumpian constructions in there, interesting...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh god I can't stand #IStandWith... hashtags. It's never for someone who's actually facing real oppression or hardship, it's almost always a blue tick who's soiled themselves on twitter and getting ripped for it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Worrying how many are convinced that her meals are nutritious and calculated and designed as such. She won’t even do calories and her shops and meals are a path to malnutrition. £20 can feed a family when they are teeny insubstantial meals should not be an acceptable message.
30028BCD-D3E5-4FE6-98CC-C7A365EE0A71.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Hola Fraus.

I'm a bit late on this (and blatantly inserting myself into Hat day). The Harry Thirst tweet looks like she was trying to get in on the action this tweet was getting. It's still thirsty, but Jack's version missed the nuance a bit. This came from the pro Meghan and Harry overseas Twitter crowd. Not just OMG he's HAWT, but OMG see how the Royals are doing him down.

View attachment 1592110

Anyway, does the OG Monroe look good in a hat, of course!

View attachment 1592123
Again, jumping on the bandwagon and massively misjudging. I nearly feel sorry for her. Nearly but not quite.

Reactions: 24
I wonder if she's been softly, gently angling for a follow-up article in the .pdf - though hopefully they might reconsider after seeing the backlash to their tweet.

And she's 100% trying to solicit public outpourings of support from her blue tick connections. We've seen the multiple "Please tell me how amazing I am" posts to her followers and know she's slithering into random people's DMs to tell them the Molly article is "complete bullshit" - God only knows what kind of messages people who actually know her are getting.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Why do these people help her dig such big holes. Seriously just leave it out and encourage her too seek professional help. Stop enabling her to make a tit of herself further.

If she really is struggling she needs to step away and sort herself out. She said herself other day if she has a kid. She needs to focus on him and think of his wellbeing as well as her own.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Not quite. The TT were only involved in the paperwork regarding the donation to them. After that, they're out. Jack claims to have separate agreements with other charities she can't name because people sent abuse to the TT. It is possible Jack has donated to other charities and it is all above board which makes it all the stranger she's acting like she has something to hide. My personal theory is she got busted lying about how much she raised for TT and had to use her own funds/borrow to make the donation because she can't handle losing face. After that she probably couldn't afford to donate anywhere else and is just pocketing the cashos to repay "her" money. Again, all this could have been avoided by not lying but Jack is a moron so here we are.
Makes sense to me. She’s holding onto “her” money.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
All Diva is doing is drawing more attention to it. Her only way out of this imho is to close her Patreon and go offline for a few months and let it blow over.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I wonder if the large account drag guy follows Diva magazine? If so, imagine if he stepped in.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh god I can't stand #IStandWith... hashtags. It's never for someone who's actually facing real oppression or hardship, it's almost always a blue tick who's soiled themselves on twitter and getting ripped for it
Yup… this one made me laugh though

85FF04AE-6BA7-459F-B814-52C003453F03.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.