Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe for a minute that she raised the amount she donated it. I think she wildly over inflated it before the reality hit that she’d have to donate what she promised to. I think she then either took it out of her savings or got it from somewhere else. Remember the very primitive spreadsheet she shared?
MonEy foR the TruSSEll TrUst OK
£10000
This is my theory too. I don't think she intended to keep the cash, but I think she was overwhelmed with people asking for transparency. If you look at the screenshots with the two random £2.5k batches...I think that was her transferring money into her PayPal, perhaps in line with a daily transfer limit on her bank.

• Wow
Reactions: 58
A small correction from TT is needed: Jack passed on the money that OTHER PEOPLE donated. Jack did not donate anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
The TT is basically saying “As of 2nd Feb we’ve had no more cash from her and we don’t know where any excess money has gone/is going”. The specific figure they received, right down to the pence, confirms that in my mind. They’re distancing themselves from the Teemill thing (again) and I don’t blame them.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I don't see why Jack would not say, however I am not sure she is obliged to. People bought without knowing where the money would be donated other than Trussell. They knowingly bought a pig in a poke, you might say. All Jacks squealing (enough of the analogy) that it is no one's business to question her on this might be right. I think that Trussell was involved in setting up the paperwork/legalities for donations to other charities. I remember this from either Jacks tweets or ones from Trussell at the time. (receipts are on here somewhere, I will apologise in advance if I have misremembered).
If anything I think this might prove useful for Jack in that she can claim to be hounded on something she has done that can be proved to be above board.
Not quite. The TT were only involved in the paperwork regarding the donation to them. After that, they're out. Jack claims to have separate agreements with other charities she can't name because people sent abuse to the TT. It is possible Jack has donated to other charities and it is all above board which makes it all the stranger she's acting like she has something to hide. My personal theory is she got busted lying about how much she raised for TT and had to use her own funds/borrow to make the donation because she can't handle losing face. After that she probably couldn't afford to donate anywhere else and is just pocketing the cashos to repay "her" money. Again, all this could have been avoided by not lying but Jack is a moron so here we are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
People deserve to know who or what they are supporting. It could be a small southend church group or it could be feeding *homeless extremists. I know the latter is extreme but stranger things with people charitable donations could and have happened. All she has to screehln shot is £££ to x charity and that would be that.

*disclaimer made up to make a point*
Yeh it's not as though she doesn't say out of any sense of modesty 🤣 happy to spam everyones TL begging them to send praise-ios

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
This is my theory too. I don't think she intended to keep the cash, but I think she was overwhelmed with people asking for transparency. If you look at the screenshots with the two random £2.5k batches...I think that was her transferring money into her PayPal, perhaps in line with a daily transfer limit on her bank.
ive never seen anyone - even on Twitter - wearing one of those t-shirts, and flogging t-shirts is one of those things that people think is a money spinner but really isn’t. So yeah, this would be my guess, too.

Reactions: 32
A small correction from TT is needed: Jack passed on the money that OTHER PEOPLE donated. Jack did not donate anything.
A small but very important correction, RG. I hope this is picked up.
It is akin to Jack donating thousands of books but in reality she charged people full RRP, made a profit and then donated the books on customers behalf to charities (was there proof of this?).

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just catching up but have the Trussell Trust just thrown Jack under a bus?
Can anyone recall when the Teemill started exactly?

Because. Bear with me because maths ain't my strong suit.

Say Teemil started in November 1st 2021
They got 11k jack sold in t-shirts for 4 months.
It's now September
That's February, march, April, may, June, July, August, September. - 8months worth at the above rate would be almost 30k.

Started February, First 2 days worth 11k
5.5k per day.
8 months it's still running or 240 days for ease of calculation.
240 x 5.5k = £1320000 (maybe)

So if she's honest and truthful, there's £132k knocking about somewhere.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

It's now September
That's February, march, April, may, June, July, August, September. - 8months worth at the above rate would be almost 30k.

Does that make sense?
But I can't recall when teemill started..
*Goes to check wiki etc.
It started in February, only the first day or two went to the TT. If you look at what you get after Teemill take their cut, it's highly unlikely to say the least that Jack raised 11,000 in one or two days. It's not even credible as a gross figure.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

It's now September

Does that make sense?
But I can't recall when teemill started..
*Goes to check wiki etc.
the more I think about it, the more I suspect that the reason JM won’t be transparent about all this could be that the truth would reveal her not as a thief but a fantasist who had to dig into her own pockets to back up what she wildly claimed on social media.
the whole thing gets more and more fascinating, and actually really worrying. I can’t help but empathise to some extent because it just feels like her entire life seems to be damage limitation

• Heart
Reactions: 74
It started in February, only the first day or two went to the TT. If you look at what you get after Teemill take their cut, it's highly unlikely to say the least that Jack raised 11,000 in one or two days. It's not even credible as a gross figure.
That's incredible then really.
So she had 11k spare, donated that or she did sell 11k of t-shirts in a matter of days and now there's 8 months worth of cash around somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I would be interested to know if the Trussell Trust received abuse following their involvement, as that is the reason Jack is giving for not disclosing the names of the independent food banks who are benefiting?

Surely if she doesn't want to disclose the names of the food banks then she could anonymity them and show evidence of donations?

Reactions: 35
As per Rialto.

But seriously, it's what she's done this whole time, going back to the Kickstarter etc. It always benefits her and it's always other people's money and she always takes the credit for 'donating' it.

Reactions: 52
That's incredible then really.
So she had 11k spare, donated that or she did sell 11k of t-shirts in a matter of days and now there's 8 months worth of cash around somewhere.
If she did make up some of the donation amount (and this is all speculation), it may not have been the full 11k as we do know a lot of people did buy them and were tweeting about them

Reactions: 32
Soz think Big Dave Hadjicostas is absolute trash like his scumbag fraud perpetuating scammer daughter as he’s allowed her to steal work from actual working class women & operate a scam of a Patreon. Appreciate she’s an adult but if you can have her round for Sunday dinner then you can ask that she doesn’t cosplay as a working class poor to solicit tips and subscription donations & steal paid work off WC women in the media.

Sorry but as an upwardly mobile WC -> first gen to uni to MC professional pipeline I’ve busted a bleeping gut to get here and she makes an absolute mockery of us, she’s utter trash and the family can get in the bin with her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 121
Not quite. The TT were only involved in the paperwork regarding the donation to them. After that, they're out. Jack claims to have separate agreements with other charities she can't name because people sent abuse to the TT. It is possible Jack has donated to other charities and it is all above board which makes it all the stranger she's acting like she has something to hide. My personal theory is she got busted lying about how much she raised for TT and had to use her own funds/borrow to make the donation because she can't handle losing face. After that she probably couldn't afford to donate anywhere else and is just pocketing the cashos to repay "her" money. Again, all this could have been avoided by not lying but Jack is a moron so here we are.
This truth is a true truth

Reactions: 22
Soz think Big Dave Hadjicostas is absolute trash like his scumbag fraud perpetuating scammer daughter as he’s allowed her to steal work from actual working class women & operate a scam of a Patreon. Appreciate she’s an adult but if you can have her round for Sunday dinner then you can ask that she doesn’t cosplay as a working class poor to solicit tips and subscription donations & steal paid work off WC women in the media.

Sorry but as an upwardly mobile WC -> first gen to uni to MC professional pipeline I’ve busted a bleeping gut to get here and she makes an absolute mockery of us, she’s utter trash and the family can get in the bin with her.

Edit: sorry this is a weird response now I look at it, your reply just made me feel really empowered and also proud to be someone who doesn’t have to cosplay misery to know I’ve made steps forward in life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
Yes love this. Everytime she's wheeled out there's an *actual* working class voice we're not hearing. We don't need her speaking over us and for us
Hundred percent this. I hadn't really recognised this until recently. She's not speaking for anyone and is absolutely stealing that space.
There's are so many people who could do so much better and who she could have easily promoted using her platform.

I was recently invited to do a TV piece about my family finances.
Whilst I 'tick all the boxes' and am genuinely representative of a struggling family, I know that I can't do this subject justice through the medium of telly.
I'm not a natural public speaker, plus my health issues make my memory terrible and my kids would be mortified (SB age adjacent)

I was intrigued to see who they did use and it wasn't a huge surprise to learn it was our local celebrity 'poor' family.
Lovely people but have discovered local fame (and some national)
as a consequence have been given lots of opportunities and have turned their luck into doing good for others too.
They're great self publicists but on the back of this, they don't even tit anymore without setting up a fundraiser for the toilet roll.

I don't begrudge them, they have turned their lives around and are doing good for others but you can see the 'fame' has affected them and I've probably mentioned on here before, there are detractors who feel they are missing out because of this family getting so much.

They're a really good advert for self promotion.
I sometimes wish I had the courage to fund raise like this as it could solve so many of our problems but I couldn't face having my life picked apart by naysayers as it does happen when you have invisible illness and fluctuating conditions, plus would have to broadcast my private life to justify the need!

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.