Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d not seen this before 😳 Doesn’t she only have an honorary degree though?
Also whyyyy does she always say 5’ 1.7”, it’s such a pet peeve, she’s 5’2” in that case but just wants to be even teeny tinier
Didn’t you know? Accuracy’s kinda her flex. Well, apart from when it comes to….ummmm….everything. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Is Jack going to force the Trussell Trust to tell her - publicly - to get their name outta her mouth take down the reference to them on the Teemill site? Because that's what should have happened a long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Jewish scholars suggest that 400 is a ‘perfect number’ in scripture as it is 8x50. It is also the amount of time the Israelites spent as slaves in Egypt before they were released. The suggest therefore being that God sees 400 as the perfect amount of time for people to be freed after.

Makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
The whole postcard plan was badly thought out. Nobody wants that much stuff sent. Digital content with the odd thing sent in the post, for Christmas, would have kept them all deliriously happy.
I know she says she needs a camera man or whatever to film, you don’t, almost everyone on social media manages just fine.

BTW there wouldn’t be a recipe for the peasants pudding. Didn’t she just steal the other persons recipe and use cheaper ingredients?
Yeah she managed to make comic kitchen. Who wouldn’t want one of those dropping into their inbox every month.
Also just goes to show, she is capable of filming, editing and adding a soundtrack, granted it was terrible but practice makes perfect

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This is the thing - TT aren’t the main issue here but Jack will divert and use this as proof she donated but yet has been silent on the rest of the money and the other charities other than to say they asked not to be in the limelight.
people who are paying this money deserve to be told. the charities wishes should not take precedence over those who bought in good faith and haven’t heard where their money went. Constant reference to the TT in this context is unhelpful IMO.
People deserve to know who or what they are supporting. It could be a small southend church group or it could be feeding *homeless extremists. I know the latter is extreme but stranger things with people charitable donations could and have happened. All she has to screehln shot is £££ to x charity and that would be that.

*disclaimer made up to make a point*

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'd pay good money to have Jack and Trump in the same room. It would be hilarious because they both have more or less the same personality but would completely talk past each other. So Jack would be whining at Trump about her Metro fanny pad and he'd just be giving "lol, gross what a loser" and boasting about his cashos. Both would think they were completely owning the other one but they'd just be playing to their respective bases.
Boasting about his cashos 🤣

It would be a mega chaos to see them in the same room. Jack might want to marry him for his money 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Just popping in to participate in thread 400. Someone ought to cook a Jackslop to celebrate. Pear loaf/brick perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I'm so sad that the awful prune monstrosity was mentioned. I have just accepted delivery of ingredients for a sticky toffee pudding (Nigella's recipe) that I've been thinking about all weekend, and now I'll have that in the back of my mind. Condensed milk with water is not a sauce. Aaah!
That recipe is divine. Please send portion-o’s

• Haha
Reactions: 22
TT saying that the additional money 'will be' donated to the relevant charities is fair enough. I mean there's no evidence that is HAS been but fair enough.

Reactions: 50
This is the thing - TT aren’t the main issue here but Jack will divert and use this as proof she donated but yet has been silent on the rest of the money and the other charities other than to say they asked not to be in the limelight.
people who are paying this money deserve to be told. the charities wishes should not take precedence over those who bought in good faith and haven’t heard where their money went. Constant reference to the TT in this context is unhelpful IMO.
I don't see why Jack would not say, however I am not sure she is obliged to. People bought without knowing where the money would be donated other than Trussell. They knowingly bought a pig in a poke, you might say. All Jacks squealing (enough of the analogy) that it is no one's business to question her on this might be right. I think that Trussell was involved in setting up the paperwork/legalities for donations to other charities. I remember this from either Jacks tweets or ones from Trussell at the time. (receipts are on here somewhere, I will apologise in advance if I have misremembered).
If anything I think this might prove useful for Jack in that she can claim to be hounded on something she has done that can be proved to be above board.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If TT can be transparent, why can't Jack?
She knows that if she's transparent about one thing she's got no reason not to answer about the other thing.
She's screwed now with this TT response, she can't hide anymore tee money, maybe that's why she's not promoting those abominations anymore.
A more altruistic thing to do would be to change the teemill payment details to those of the TT so she doesn't get into another jack monroe kickstarter or jack monroe patreon style mess and to design decent tees without cringey statements that her middle class jackolytes can pay for and have sent direct to their local homeless shelter/ hostel / day centre.
Could even have a default postal address for TT to distribute the tees from their foodbanks.
A bit like when she 'gave away' all those free books but this time that she doesn't profit from it

• Heart
Reactions: 33
TT saying that the additional money 'will be' donated to the relevant charities is fair enough. I mean there's no evidence that is HAS been but fair enough.
They say it with such confidence 😬. Begs the questions - when and which charities? And how much?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.