Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now that things have calmed down a bit, can I go back in time a few days and say I feel really bad for Big Dave? Especially if the stuff about him helping vulnerable tenants is true, which based on the fostering is quite plausible in my opinion. AFAIK we have no evidence that he ever really did describe himself as a Marxist-Leninist Bolshevik who sings Das Kapital to the tune of the Internationale while saluting the queen, which means his only crimes are being a landlord and having a gobshite daughter. Regardless of your opinion on the former he's one of millions and doesn't deserve to be personally dragged by twitter on that basis alone.

I keep thinking about my own landlord, who's the sort of sweet but clueless person who does things like letting homeless people live in his empty properties for free and then getting surprised when it causes issues, or replacing my broken appliances with brand new ones when they have a small fault because the idea of repairing them seems too complicated. The thought of him being the subject of a twitter pile on because someone made baseless claims that he said this sort of bollocks is just mortifying.
Went to go check if Google search volume for Jack had increased this weekend, it hasn’t, but interesting compared the past 12 months with the past 90 days (or 3 months) that whilst Jack Monroe tattle has been her highest search query in both periods, the discrepancy between that term and “Jack Monroe recipes” has widened significantly (pls see attached images). Then thought why not compare the two lifetime, and look, what a sight! Pretty much since the inception of these threads we’ve had more interest than her slop. The steep incline in that line suggests her tattle has been at its most searched for over the last couple of weeks…. Makes u think!

View attachment 1591653

View attachment 1591661
Do you know if this graph shows absolute numbers or a percentage of the maximum? Just wondering as both lines peak at 100 and I'm not sure if that's a coincidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Have our hats been confiscated by the mods as a punishment for all that police business in the last thread? We're good kids really and didn't mean any harm, we just got a bit overexcited.
We are as one, JennyNumbers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Old Harold did suggest to her that she urgently needed professional help. Posted 28th June 2022. Credit to @OwlRightsReserved for the screenie. To be clear, this was mere days after OH LEFT, and is far more revealing than the “Gotcha!” she seemed to think it was. Explains pretty clearly why the relationship didn’t work out.

View attachment 1591715

28th June was also the day she posted this “god help me” (with the flame 😂 and hence the post above) as she announced to over half a million people she was on Tinder (and easily recognizable). Screenies by the indefatigable @Marmalade Atkins who also located said profile. Presented without comment.
ETA IIRC both posts were deleted.
And here she says ‘boys in scrubs’ so yes thats another reason why we thought she was dating men. She’s a bleep for trying to gaslight us all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Jack followed this guy after he posted this. You're pathetic, Jack.

View attachment 1591763
So many of her FMs and adoring fans write as though they are about 14 years old. They just all have the same stuck-in-adolescence mentality as Jack and that’s why they love her so much. She validated their own dysfunction.

I always want to reply OMG GROW UP to anyone who uses the word “haters”. I must be getting old.

Happy 400 you mithering ninnies

• Heart
Reactions: 56
A lot of her supporters like her because if she’s so confident she’s doing good work without there being evidence that she’s doing it, they too can confidently keep on engaging in slactivism rather than recognising they aren’t doing much at all either

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Happy #400 guys, not sure where I came in, I'd say around the halfway mark, very proud of our staying power and pleased so many joiners who have seen the light in this time.
Just musing on the patreon shenanigans, the first I heard of patreon was when music artists I follow put all their new stuff on patreon in the lockdown days, you could opt whether to pay or no, some people thought it was sacrilege, others went full fm/ stanny in defence of said artistes, I was just 'meh, I'll stop seeing their stuff then, no probs'
So my understanding of patreon is purely: you want to enjoy someone's craft, no more free content you now have to pay'
I believed it was an exchange: goods for money.
If Jack is not giving recipes unseen elsewhere then I don't know what she can offer as paid content.
All her latest schtick is about poverty. Genuinely poverty stricken folks won't be paying her on patreon to receive information about being poor, all the resources are out there on the Web and in all community outreach places.
No way I'd ever consider paying for recipes online when all the recipes in the world are out there and free books in the library etc
She's a tit singer and as we've seen, her photography and 'art' is at best gcse level.
Whatever made her think that postcards would be a viable offer?
I assume that she made the postcards long before patreon and kept telling Caroline of the hands to think of something to do with that pile of postcards gathering dust in one of the outhouses.
I sort of understand the book thing on her highest tier patreon but not as standalone content.
Absolute pigs ear of the whole thing.
She should just refund and quietly nix the whole darn thing.
Also jack, yes you can nix your dicking haunted bird account.
The only reason you get anyone saying anything non arse kissy about you is because of all the Mendacious Crap you post Every. Single. bleeping. Day.
And if you really are being stalked and threatened daily for ten years then you are a Terrible Terrible mother to keep bringing this to your son's door and a generally terrible selfish person to bring it by proxy to all your family, partners and SB's extended family.
Get an effing grip you utter melt.
Oh and happy #400 , you gonna add this to your list of accolades? 👏 👏 👏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Vlad is being very naughty - I've had to correct him though, bad Vlad! (For clarity, the red strikethrough is part of the original ad!)

View attachment 1591726

Meanwhile, congratulations on THREAD 400 of Jack Monroe grifter, you wonderful, nefarious, mithering, sarcastic, clever ninnies! 🍾🍾🍾
I present to you my hat, which just happens to be worn by THE best detective ever, and the only one I could bear to actually watch. ~Literally~ detest crime dramas/series (although I was partial to a bit of Hart to Hart in the 80s - thanks whoever it was for that memory).

Sorry, mods, it isn't about the detective, honest. It's all about the hat. Chapeau, ninnies. Now duck off 😘
View attachment 1591746

(This is actually his face after pumbling stumbling upon the histrionics of Jack Monroe.)
Funny, I was thinking exactly of Jerry on Saturday/yesterday and his crack about it being his mission to offend absolutely everybody!

Reactions: 16
Jack followed this guy after he posted this. You're pathetic, Jack.

View attachment 1591763
God, she really is a poisonous, hate filled inadequate. You can see why her and the flying monkeys love each other so much. This is what she's reduced to, encouraging hateful internet morons to dogpile people and the odd asspat from blue tickers who know about as much about poverty and working class life as well...Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Now that things have calmed down a bit, can I go back in time a few days and say I feel really bad for Big Dave? Especially if the stuff about him helping vulnerable tenants is true, which based on the fostering is quite plausible in my opinion. AFAIK we have no evidence that he ever really did describe himself as a Marxist-Leninist Bolshevik who sings Das Kapital to the tune of the Internationale while saluting the queen, which means his only crimes are being a landlord and having a gobshite daughter. Regardless of your opinion on the former he's one of millions and doesn't deserve to be personally dragged by twitter on that basis alone.

I keep thinking about my own landlord, who's the sort of sweet but clueless person who does things like letting homeless people live in his empty properties for free and then getting surprised when it causes issues, or replacing my broken appliances with brand new ones when they have a small fault because the idea of repairing them seems too complicated. The thought of him being the subject of a twitter pile on because someone made baseless claims that he said this sort of bollocks is just mortifying.

Do you know if this graph shows absolute numbers or a percentage of the maximum? Just wondering as both lines peak at 100 and I'm not sure if that's a coincidence.
Big D has always come across as the type of bloke who is a tad over-invested in his public appearance as a pillar of the community but also basically a good person. Every community has a Big D I’m firmly convinced.

I also think everyone who knows Big D and Mama H in real life is fully aware of Jack and her “work” and that’s why they don’t care about correcting her or step in when she’s spouting off because everyone they know knows she’s a compulsive liar and doesn’t believe a word.

The exception to this was the cannon incident but that was slightly different as there was the prospect of it being reported (I actually think at least one squig did tbh) to the police/whoever is responsible for the cannon and actual hassle occurring compared to the normal lies about them which aren’t potential criminal offences.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Should also add, being wheeled out on morning shows and radio shows to regurgitate hunger hurts and how mean bullies ob the Internet bully me is NOT helping the poor at all.
As a real lefty , I'm sick to death of lefties screeching how much jack does to help people and to raise awareness.
We all bleeping know.
All of us. Rich, poor, managing, doing ok, struggling etc, me all know about the great divide. We all know about supermarket budget ranges. As people have said on hereso many times, do some real work, signposting, you were up Martin Lewis's arse, you could have easily filled a big gap by doing real signposting for actual resources in a similar style to him, you really could have made your own niche if you knew about more charities than just the Trussell trust: you could have made an actual difference.

Those of us who need to cut corners are already doing it and those who aren't but need to, need more practical advice and support than your £20 baskets of utter deceit and whingeing at middle class festivals about how people are mean to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 110
We are as one, JennyNumbers
I was just thinking I was also @jenny2603 Many’s the time I see a comment and think I was just gonna write that. Obviously stealing my content. Jenny “fingers” 2603 consider yourself WARNED.
Jack was probably up all night watching the Liz-fest and will be asleep all day like some creepy royalist vampire.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Should also add, being wheeled out on morning shows and radio shows to regurgitate hunger hurts and how mean bullies ob the Internet bully me is NOT helping the poor at all.
As a real lefty , I'm sick to death of lefties screeching how much jack does to help people and to raise awareness.
We all bleeping know.
All of us. Rich, poor, managing, doing ok, struggling etc, me all know about the great divide. We all know about supermarket budget ranges
Those of us who need to cut corners are already doing it and those who aren't but need to, need more practical advice and support than your £20 baskets of utter deceit and whingeing at middle class festivals about how people are mean to you.
I want to heart and unheart this all night, Shawadsy. You've summed up why Jack is irrelevant and taking up space so well.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
And here she says ‘boys in scrubs’ so yes thats another reason why we thought she was dating men. She’s a bleep for trying to gaslight us all
Sensitive 🥺
Plus, I hate bringing it up as its sensitive but she mentioned several recent pregnancy losses...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
I was just thinking I was also @jenny2603 Many’s the time I see a comment and think I was just gonna write that. Obviously stealing my content. Jenny “fingers” 2603 consider yourself WARNED.
Jack was probably up all night watching the Liz-fest and will be asleep all day like some creepy royalist vampire.
Yeah, I sometimes feel like I'm Tattle
Jack Monroe and JennyNumbers is Tattle THAT MAN, actually

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
This chef on the beeb just now is making a meal for £5 for four people.
One of the ingredients was "any old veg" which did make me 🦉 🍾 but then she did a lovely little tutorial on how to chop an onion! No song to go with it though. Makes you think.
I'd like to tell you more but my internet is shite and it's frozen.
Send TalkTalkos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.