Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Should also add, being wheeled out on morning shows and radio shows to regurgitate hunger hurts and how mean bullies ob the Internet bully me is NOT helping the poor at all.
As a real lefty , I'm sick to death of lefties screeching how much jack does to help people and to raise awareness.
We all bleeping know.
All of us. Rich, poor, managing, doing ok, struggling etc, me all know about the great divide. We all know about supermarket budget ranges
Those of us who need to cut corners are already doing it and those who aren't but need to, need more practical advice and support than your £20 baskets of utter deceit and whingeing at middle class festivals about how people are mean to you.
As far as I'm concerned anyone claiming to be left wing but uncritically supporting Jack is a fraud. In the current chaos I've now counted four separate individuals who have had their employers contacted, we've also had Jack threaten to sue and jeopardise the immigration status of a low paid migrant worker without settled status. These people are scabs, they are not of the left however they claim to identify- they're the sort of people who would thrive as informers and secret police in a dictatorship.

• Heart
Reactions: 123
Imagine scrolling through Tinder profiles and you come across the shrunken head pic. I'd enter another dimension.

(Hypothetical scenario as she likes boys but is a lesbian and who are you to police her sexuality?! :mad:)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
agree about any racist/anti vaxx stuff. i’m totally over the idea that criticising the misogynistic extremism of mainstream trans activism is any sort of phobia though.
Don't really want to get into it as per thread rules, but personally I think there's a difference between being GC / criticising trans activism and sharing memes about trans women putting fake fetuses up their asses to pretend to be pregnant. Others might not agree 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I want to heart and unheart this all night, Shawadsy. You've summed up why Jack is irrelevant and taking up space so well.
Thank space you.
She makes me really angry sometimes, partly her and partly those she actually does represent.
They have no clue
All her bollocks, whispering softly gently into mp ears and actually bragging that her quiet place at ghe parliament table has been informing tory policies for the last ten years.
How do people not see what she is?!
Tinder style corporate tax evasion events, crowing how she's opening the eyes of big business with her revolutionary approach at these ceo circle jerks (to use her own words)
I can picture her at these events, simultaneously flirting and trying to shock with hard hitting soundbites , showing off with swears and made up stats while they promise her they have seen the light, they will of course stop hoarding their wealth and now they have her paypal address they'll definitely send something for her to redistribute.
maybe their contribution to her personal paypal will mean she never has to write Hunger Hurts #3 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Didn’t get that far down the timeline. As I said, totally happy to agree that the guy is a crank, and his tendency towards anti-vaxx suggests he’s credulous to the extreme where it suits his prejudices. But I’m personally over “this guy is transphobic” type discourse. I suspect the butt baby is made up. I’ve seen far worse that isn’t.

Reactions: 21
Since that picture of her getting her honorary degree the other day all I can think of is her resemblance to a young Richard Hammond and the words 'slop gear'. Am I losing it, fraus?

images.jpeg-17.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Is it being too suspicious to think that sometimes, when there is outrage about criticism, Jack deflects to say the abuse was on 'other sites', or was 'other people', 'nixxed accounts', 'nixxed tweets', or is happening IRL so not actually on Twitter, thus leaving the 'hater' relatively unmolested to keep going 'tormenting' her? There are one or two supposedly bad ones she skirts around, whereas others have had FMs sent in.

• Wow
Reactions: 46
Is it being too suspicious to think that sometimes, when there is outrage about criticism, Jack deflects to say the abuse was on 'other sites', or was 'other people', 'nixxed accounts', 'nixxed tweets', or is happening IRL so not actually on Twitter, thus leaving the 'hater' relatively unmolested to keep going 'tormenting' her? There are one or two supposedly bad ones she skirts around, whereas others have had FMs sent in.
I agree that it is all quite calculated. I think maybe Jack has discovered that all the “hate and abuse” she receives is very lucrative for her - people give her £££ out of sympathy. So she doesn’t actually want it to stop.

• Angry
Reactions: 49
I'd pay good money to have Jack and Trump in the same room. It would be hilarious because they both have more or less the same personality but would completely talk past each other. So Jack would be whining at Trump about her Metro fanny pad and he'd just be giving "lol, gross what a loser" and boasting about his cashos. Both would think they were completely owning the other one but they'd just be playing to their respective bases.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Help me, I cannot get Helen Reddy singing 'Leave me Alone' out of my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And here she says ‘boys in scrubs’ so yes thats another reason why we thought she was dating men. She’s a bleep for trying to gaslight us all
A note about all these 'boys in scrubs' she was swiping on - pictures of attractive surgeons dressed in their scrubs are one of the top type of photos used by scammers to attract naïve ladies who have their head turned. Second only to military men, officers in uniform. I deal with hundreds of these people in a game room I lead. A reverse image search usually clarifies whether or not the photo has been stolen from elsewhere on the internet. It's highly likely that most of these boys in scrubs that took her fancy, were in fact career scammers, usually (but not exclusively) based in Nigeria.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
As far as I'm concerned anyone claiming to be left wing but uncritically supporting Jack is a fraud. In the current chaos I've now counted four separate individuals who have had their employers contacted, we've also had Jack threaten to sue and jeopardise the immigration status of a low paid migrant worker without settled status. These people are scabs, they are not of the left however they claim to identify- they're the sort of people who would thrive as informers and secret police in a dictatorship.
Coppers narks, my OH who didn’t leave, would call them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
i think we’ll get an actual recipe.it won’t be good, but it will be a recipe.
It’s never good. And it’s very often not a recipe. Opening three random tins and making something that is an offence to creation is not a recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
There is of it about. I actually have a friend i am considering cutting ties with she is soo left she is actually bodering on having the same extremist views as those on the far right, only the other way around. I am very much a person of peace, growing up in belfast, i know what riots can and often turn to see also extreme hate. I see that in many of her followers too. I laugh when she calls me right wing, i never voted until brexit and since then in only one GE and it wasnt for the right.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It's so hard to believe because it's the only thing she has ever kept private.
Even if there's an ongoing investigation it wouldn't normally stop her from sharing at least some of the threats as screenshots, especially over the ten year period she says its been happening
I hate not believing victims of abuse and I'm always the one to beleive people when they say stuff like this, so feel Terrible guilt doubting some of the stuff she says, with someone like Jack it's so hard to believe what's true and no doubt there's times when probably she could do with the support but is so horrible and boy who cried wolf-y, she

Ive known two people recently who claimed stuff like this but hadn't any evidence, one admitted she'd made it up to hide a massive bender and the other never admitted it but the wife of the husband she said was instigating inappropriate contact found evidence that our friend had actually initiated it.

Neither the friend or husband cone out of it looking good.

I believed said Friend as the husband really is an hole, friend said she deleted all his messages because it freaked her out having them on her phone, that's when everyone else thought she was doing a Jimmy Nail .

I am the sort of person who can't stand negative stuff in my inbox so I delete anything that makes me uncomfortable so I don't sense its malevolence and believed friend until the wife found the evidence.
I'm such a mug sometimes, I hate it when I discover someone's lied to me and I don't forget easily.

I think a lot of people have ended up on here due to feeling mugged off by JM , it can make you question yourself being taken in for so long, either individually or as a nation.
no sympathy for those who voted tory but oftrn wonder how they feel now, knowing their muddle headed blond buffoon was laughing at all of us including them?
(And how do they feel seeing how breaking away from the eu has brought us nothing but badness which is going to continue to reverberate for years?) 😭

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
The Trussel Trust have replied to a squig
This is the thing - TT aren’t the main issue here but Jack will divert and use this as proof she donated but yet has been silent on the rest of the money and the other charities other than to say they asked not to be in the limelight.
people who are paying this money deserve to be told. the charities wishes should not take precedence over those who bought in good faith and haven’t heard where their money went. Constant reference to the TT in this context is unhelpful IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.