Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Anyone work in PR/media? What on earth happens next?

Surely DW won’t just leave her to it, although ignoring her might be the best course of action.

Will the papers touch the story? Obvs she has a blue tick but she’s basically a nobody.
*raises hand* The ball is very much in DW’s court! If he responds, the papers will definitely be frothing at the gills to cover a ‘Twitter spat’.

The fact Walliams was trending earlier might also be of interest. We know a lot of tabloid journos harvest a great deal of their stories from Twitter (JM’s account must be a particular fecund field!)

(insert Willy Wonka gif here)

Reactions: 25
Cannot wait to connect my phone to the courtroom projector and dramatically press play on the screenscroll of the Henry GIF (including original muffled Friends audio in the background 😂) as a stern-faced barrister explains to the judge that it implies that Henry is getting off his tits on blow, and Henry here is a proxy for his client, Mr Walliams.
loooool cackling rn, you should get in touch with the Scotsman and offer it up for a few quid uno, buy yourself something fancy (definition of which is anything from £1.20 bunch of lemons all the way through to a £2,800 fridge)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
*raises hand* The ball is very much in DW’s court! If he responds, the papers will definitely be frothing at the gills to cover a ‘Twitter spat’.

The fact Walliams was trending earlier might also be of interest. We know a lot of tabloid journos harvest a great deal of their stories from Twitter (JM’s account must be a particular fecund field!)

(insert Willy Wonka gif here)
Thanks for replying! So its up to DW and team. I’m trying to imagine what I would do in his shoes.

I wonder if she’s been emboldened by the lack of backlash from the THAT MAN pile on (apologies if anyone else has already suggested this).

Reactions: 20
Thanks to @NoseyParkour for thread title.

Last thread recap. Well. Where do you begin.

She went on a Twitter rant about David Walliams saying he didn't write his own books, takes coke, is racist and transphobic. And she wants to throw tea at him - JOKE!
Says she was joking about the coke bit.
She also has taken to wearing an amber child's teething necklace for her ouchy mouth :sick:
Jesus I was out all day yday and missed yet more drama! I am surprised she’d go after someone who is generally quite well liked? Assume the tweets are deleted now?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do the right thing, Jane! I hope to god she's actually done some research on JM/the background of the story/the deleted-yet-surely-libellous tweets and not just jumped aboard the follower bandwagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Well. She brought on herself, emboldened by the power of sycophancy.

When the tit hits the fan, I’m going to be in the front row holding my umbrella, I’m afraid.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Hi @peperomia I screenshot your post about spices from #39; it piqued my interest. I saw a response, too, but the pages were moving so fast..! I'd like to participate in a brainstorm about small packs of herbs&spices, also re-growing vegetables (celery and spring onion come to mind). Would you like to be in touch by conversation here on tattle with me and any others interested?

Separately, I'm a really good cook, I'm the sort of cook who can make a few ingredients greater than the sum of their parts. And I grow things, which has helped me understand not just what goes together, but why (seasonal growing etc). And I'm so frugal with food both in dollars and sense (sense of planet, sense of the people who grow and transport our food, sense of not wasting). I did loads of cooking today, some for me, for neighbours, and to take for dinner with the girls tomorrow.

Point is: (a) I was amusing myself by pretending to be on a TV cooking show. I was really good LOL; (b) I've had the budget issue of spices, herbs, vinegars etc being too expensive and I'd love to see if we can come up with a cheap co-op solution

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.