Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure 17st (muscle or - Jack's choice of butter substitute - lard?) ex-bouncer is really the kind of bloke she wants gently, forensically guarding her. Seems a little transphobic ...

His is the reply to the original tweet.

1663450201471.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
One of Jack's stans has started putting Jack critics on a list called Incels. He's a bit like an extra tit Russ in Cheshire.

The words "cheeky li'l duo" make me want to put my boot through the telly
Sir Matt will actually break down in tears if anyone says them to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
At a guess, someone in real life has said something she doesn't like to her today. She was very chipper this morning about her nine bookcases and being outside this morning, goes quiet for an afternoon and comes back like...well ...this. I suspect she's been chinned about what's going on and has given the EVIL TROLLS WANT ME DEAD routine as an excuse.
Silly Sali Hughes has been at the same game today.
Talking about people from here as 'my trolls and stalkers' with not one scrap of proof than anybody has ever stalked her. Especially from here.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I'm wondering if she really thinks we spend our time trying to destroy her.
This evening has consisted of me chopping, blanching and freezing two cabbages and two sweetcorn cobs that I got given free by someone at work, drinking some cheap wine from a cheap wine box with a side dish of fags smoked on my front step, and a final flourish of anti-histamine cream dabbed on my eyebrows to try to calm the massive bleeping lumps I got from my cats' fleas from them sleeping on my bed/midgey bites last night when smoking on the step.
Having more wine and a fag just now.
Now, duck off xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I hate myself for thinking it, but I get a feeling she’s loving all of this now, the attention and the sympathy.
Don’t feel bad dear heart, I will confess that I had exactly the same though when I read her initial tweets about this. I feel like it’s a logical conclusion which we’ve come to based on 397 threads worth of previous form, not from any nefarious intent on our parts.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Why thank you! I stumbled onto Tattle via a search for Thomas Cohen ( I wanted to see was he still wearing robes etc) into the Peaches Geldof thread. I had never even heard of Tattle but as a nebby sort, I was drawn in. Lurked then made an account in order to track threads. Used my usual social media name as I am a lurker, not a poster type.

Much to my surprise, I found myself wanting to join in with the snappy, hilarious and compassionate chat in the JM threads so I de-activated my account, ready to sign up with an anonymous user name. I nearly broke my neck to snag Trauma Frotters after the tweet 😄

When I saw the threads on Jack, I regret to say I was a Jackolite. I ( blush) made a cross tweet in her defence during the That Man incident and (gag) bought a book. I wondered what people could be saying about her BUT the pump was primed so to speak. I had never forgotten an account I follow grumpily commenting on Jack both flaunting and gatekeeping her expensive prescription drugs with their oh so unwanted weight loss side effects ( what I now know to be the red lipstick hollow cheeks outchy mouth era).

Fraus, I took no convincing to see the light 😄
Which book did you buy, and did you ever cook anything from it?

Reactions: 16
Nobody wants her dead. Truly. Folk just want her to tell the truth. Not the 'truths' she posts about every minutiae of her life. Just the donations, the Patreon. That's it, that's the sum of it. Accountability.

Reactions: 36
I rewatched this a few weeks ago. LFC I cringed inside out. It wasn't just the lack of charisma and god awful cooking, but she snarked at Matt at least twice. Never been invited back, eh? Makes you think.
I didn't read the "thought I'd come in to supervise you" from Jack to Matt as snark, but as an attempt at humour. It's humour that could work at a party. In a TV cookery show it's a failure to understand the genre, which is unrelentingly, pleasantly, feelgood.

She also of course failed to understand that in a TV cookery show the chef explains what she's bloody doing and doesn't whine about how stressed she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Silly Sali Hughes has been at the same game today.
Talking about people from here as 'my trolls and stalkers' with not one scrap of proof than anybody has ever stalked her. Especially from here.
Christ, who'd bother? It was Sali Hughes that brought me here but I can't remember the last time I was on her threads because I literally couldn't care less about her now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm so glad my best pal Georgia Church Suppers has come round for dinner again. She makes me do hootin, rootin' and, indeed, toot tootin'.
Spent ages trying to decide on my username whilst lurking, so thank(space)you for finalising it TraumyS!

I’ve been here for what feels like 84 years, lurking, whilst still being active over on the haunted bird site. I got blocked last week🔺so now I’m freeeeeee to engage with you hilarious fraus.

At this point I have no idea what my origin story is, but safe to say that Molly’s medium article was the final straw that brought me here.

I am tech/Wordpress Frau 🔺, so have much to say in that department (ie. I recon she didn’t pay her hosting fees on the old ‘self-hosted’ website, so it was taken down. She didn’t have any off-plan backups of the site, so then had to revert to the ‘free’ WordPress.com site that she had before that self hosted one. No team of engineers required.)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 108
Seeing as I am in a contemplative mood (read; wine) and because I know Jack is reading - please, I beg of you, just deactivate your account for a few days. And all the socks. Live life without twitter and see how it feels. Put your energy into your IRL relationships. Try to be a better person. You're not sticking to to us by continuing with this death spiral, you'd be giving everyone a well-earned break. Including yourself. Give self improvement a go. And do it privately.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
find most weird about the Jack Monroe celebrity model is how much they love other peoples trauma and misery
Maybe Jack was just the 2012 edition of the Boy called It misery lit trend of the 90s, hence all the unscrewing lightbulbs and gnawing on ginger stuff 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm of... Average intelligence....and half the time I have no idea what she's wanging on about. Her mealy words don't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I know there's chaos going down again (isn't there always?). But what I fail to get my head around (after all this time) is why the hell would you rinse the sauce off the hoops? It could almost be a metaphor for her life. Self sabotage etc.
There is an actual good reason. The hoops in question were smartprice. With basics tins, the tin is half liquid, they are bad, so you actually do have to drain them off and find something else to do with whats left. Thats actually true. That she came up with recipes for it is amazing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I didn't read the "thought I'd come in to supervise you" from Jack to Matt as snark, but as an attempt at humour. It's humour that could work at a party. In a TV cookery show it's a failure to understand the genre, which is unrelentingly, pleasantly, feelgood.

She also of course failed to understand that in a TV cookery show the chef explains what she's bloody doing and doesn't whine about how stressed she is.
Yes there was that and if I recall correctly, another comment where she says something along the lines of 'if you would stop talking'. It's hard to tell whether it's an attempt to be funny whilst under stress, that falls flat, or snark. Either way, it's not great TV, as you say.

Reactions: 24
Alright Hulk Hogan, calm down. Not sure all 17st of you is going to be much use given we are all faceless ninnies. What are you going to do? Tweet menacing selfies in our general direction?
17t at six foot isnt really that heavy.hes just a bit chunky.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
DISCLAIMER: I'm a bit poorly with one of those change of season not quite a cold things and I've also had a wine.
I was thinking about that photo with her safety pin jumper and Pam Doove pose and started to feel really sorry for her.
But it's not sorry, its disappointed.
Imagine what she could be doing if she wasn't so snippy and nasty all the time. If she'd put the work in and learnt about good, cheap, nutritious food, maybe completed that qualification. If she engaged with proper therapy (life changing, ime). If she fixed up her website. If she'd built on the masses of the goodwill she had after the Hopkins thing. If she'd saved and invested wisely and bought a lovely albeit modest home, which is obviously so important to her.
I don't know, I get sentimental when I'm under the weather.
It's just such a waste.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm wondering if she really thinks we spend our time trying to destroy her.
This evening has consisted of me chopping, blanching and freezing two cabbages and two sweetcorn cobs that I got given free by someone at work, drinking some cheap wine from a cheap wine box with a side dish of fags smoked on my front step, and a final flourish of anti-histamine cream dabbed on my eyebrows to try to calm the massive bleeping lumps I got from my cats' fleas from them sleeping on my bed/midgey bites last night when smoking on the step.
Having more wine and a fag just now.
Now, duck off xxx
You've just reminded me (while I'm having a fag on the step) that I totally forgot to chop, lime and freeze the massive bag of apples my neighbour dropped off. Bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I will never get over her having the big THAT MAN meltdown somehow being rewarded for it and then being so bleeping abysmal. Imagine thinking you can compete on an equal footing with Jamie Oliver then walking into a TV studio and making horse spunk lasagne. I mean, if it had been a prank I'd have hooted but she seems oblivious to her own lack of basic competence. There are disinterested kids in first year Home Economics making better stuff than her.
Jenny numbers I’m coming back for you in about half an hour 10 threads time and nomming this for #ThreadTitle . Nearly every post you do makes me 🦉🍾 Now feck off you gusset moisting-ing ninnie x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.