Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi gang, I've been browsing these threads for a while now, thought it would be nice to finally say hello. Like so many of you I was taken in by Jack's poverty tales, I followed her on Twitter and even bought a couple of her books, but the longer I spent in the Jackiverse the less sense it all made, and so here I am, via Google.

One thing I haven't seen *any* reference to in terms of her finances is the libel payout she got from Katie Hopkins. Just thought it was curious that such a substantial amount of money has gone unaccounted for (and most likely sp**ked away) throughout all these exposés by AwfullyMolly and so on? Really makes you think, as you guys say a lot!
She claims that most of the money went to settle debts that she accrued whilst unable to work due to the stress of legal proceedings and that she bought a couch and a holiday. She got about £24,000 for herself and as is usual with these things the big winners were the lawyers who got substantially more in fees.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Not sure what to make of this
Well if kwf were still going I might believe it. And "been alerted to" by her caring friends, so if she never reads there herself, wherever it allegedly is, it doesn't matter what they say does it?

Reactions: 17
Reactions: 32
She claims that most of the money went to settle debts that she accrued whilst unable to work due to the stress of legal proceedings and that she bought a couch and a holiday. She got about £24,000 for herself and as is usual with these things the big winners were the lawyers who got substantially more in fees.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I also assume that she was still (allegedly) raking it in with the Patreon throughout? 🙄

Reactions: 13
It all went to her Paypal so there's no real way of knowing and there didn't seem to be a reference or similar to use to separate out regular donations and donations intended specifically for legal action so it's arguably impossible to say.
That's actually a good point. She uses that PayPal as her tip jar as well so even if she wanted to (lol) keep the money separate she wouldn't have been able to. Her usual forensic attention to detail with finances always impresses

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Lads, there's a waning gibbous moon tonight. Mark my words, I think we'll have another chaos, or at least a Saturday night dance (hopefully we're done with the signing).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
There are now quite a few people who have lost close family to suicide commenting on Jack's tweet who are understandably distressed by her claims. I just did a very quick scroll and stopped because it was becoming upsetting. Of all the tit things she does the irresponsible way she bandies certain topics about is the most unforgivable. More so because it's not a distressed person lashing out but pure spite, attention seeking and greed. If I were minded to be vindictive towards Jack, I wouldn't wish her dead, I'd wish she developed a conscience because duck trying to live with being responsible for that trail of destruction and human misery.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
That person has to be making fun of her and she hasn't noticed, right? Bc otherwise they're seriously suggesting no one in their town could feed themselves or their children before Jack came along???
Bet you a tenner that squig is some middle class wanker who moved there to take advantage of cheap housing.

Reactions: 30
Fraus, just to say that in the past day or so since I last checked, Jack has picked up two new Patreon subscribers.
Quelle surprise!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Does Molly have a case for defamation given that she hasn’t posted anything abusive or suggesting harm on Jack?

also whoever above mentioned identifying information I believe that may have already been public but not posting what In case I have misunderstood
Quite possibly but the practicalities (cost, hassle etc) might rule it out. There is no way the police are investigating Molly. Jack is aware that Molly is an immigrant and will be using the threat of the police to intimidate her as trouble with the police could threaten her status.*

*It won't here, because she hasn't actually done anything criminal to interest the police but it's a measure of how disgusting and vindictive Jack is.

Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.