Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the question of the money is quite serious then. I wonder how mch it was. That was a staggering number of people saying they had or were going to send money. Staggering.
It all went to her Paypal so there's no real way of knowing and there didn't seem to be a reference or similar to use to separate out regular donations and donations intended specifically for legal action so it's arguably impossible to say.

Reactions: 43
Part of why I'm interested in Jack is I am fascinated by the content/media ecosystem and how to make a living in it. And it's frustrating to see someone who had a lot of opportunities and has a big audience duck things up so badly for herself.
(Although equally frustrating to see someone who has no respect for food and very little technical skill try to forge a career as a cookery writer...)
Her weakness is her pensioner like aversion to technology and new platforms; she can’t run a Wordpress site and so doesn’t get ad revenue, she committed to physical rather than digital rewards on Patreon; doesn’t do TikTok- she’s a 35 year old woman soon heading into the 36-45 demographic for surveys. The other single mums have moved on and the new ones are younger, on different platforms. All the folders of stuff, notebooks, paper etc. She’s basically your Great Nan trying to educate you on wartime recipes of Tripe and Onion, Pigs Trotters and Dripping on Toast. The new young mums are buying Aldi bargain 5 veg, using air fryers etc. and want to have Mrs Hinch like grey home interiors decluttered but with a bit of Home Bargain bling, whilst she’s trying to aspire to be Nigella or Delia in the 1980s/90s. Her decor is so Nanna.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Mods, you might want to remove this post, but someone on Twitter has (unintentionally) revealed something about Molly. (Unless it's already common knowledge).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I suspect the amount raised was larger than anyone realises
I did a couple of calculations using the formula the judge in the defamation with Hopkins trial used, the percentages and engagement stuff. The tip jar rattling is pulling in serious numbers but that weekend I think you are right, a VERY seriously substantial amount of money was raised and I think its going to become a problem. A really very big problem that leads to the rest of it being taken very seriously.

• Wow
Reactions: 46
That account is absolutely awful. Really disgusting stuff and quite frankly much worse that Jack Monroe has ever posted.
It would be really good to get that racist loon removed from Twitter
I cringe when I see accounts like that, or like Martin D, engaging with AM. They seem to have entirely different goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It all went to her Paypal so there's no real way of knowing and there didn't seem to be a reference or similar to use to separate out regular donations and donations intended specifically for legal action so it's arguably impossible to say.
i think a judge will ultimately decide that tbh. just my opinion to be clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Whilst the 'suspected' tweet was unpleasant I personally didn't read itthe way Jack has presented it (assuming that's the correct tweet). If the wording said about pushing her to 'breaking point' or 'point of no return' I'd understand why she read it that way. They didn't though, and I read it like an earlier poster in terms of pushing her to the point where she finally answers about Teemill/Patreon/tin rattling.

I hope Jack is referring to another tweet thread becaue, if not, this is the sort of damage she is doing trying to play the sympathy card.

Jack, if you are exagerating things for pity/£'s then you are truly a self-centred bleep.

1663434110596.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
I did a couple of calculations using the formula the judge in the defamation with Hopkins trial used, the percentages and engagement stuff. The tip jar rattling is pulling in serious numbers but that weekend I think you are right, a VERY seriously substantial amount of money was raised and I think its going to become a problem. A really very big problem that leads to the rest of it being taken very seriously.
Yes. I think it’s her biggest problem.

Reactions: 28
She’s created this massive shitshow for herself. She’s blocked so many people now she’s constantly on sock accounts to see what they say and then trying to change anything negative they say with these nonsense accounts with no followers. It’s ridiculous and impossible.
She’s lost control. Shes too used to having a curated audience of committed followers and it’s all gone wild now. It’s obviously driving her crazy.
Totally obvious she’s spending another Saturday alone in the crappy bungalow.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Also, Jack's language appears to be problematic, because she states:

"I was alerted to a conversation today where the people behind the accounts were speculating on how far and how exactly they would need to push me and my mental fragility before I killed myself."

I've read the red squig's tweets multiple times, and there's no mention of that specifically. Again, iffy.
What does people behind the accounts mean? That’s distancing, third party language and really interesting. Given her constant projection her therapist(s) will need a good few sessions to cover this off.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
On the topic of friends, asking long-term experts- have there ever been pictures of her with a friend (or friend's hands etc) ?
View attachment 1585252

Definitely not slop, this one. Quite the opposite, in fact.
I'm guessing that's 2hr baked sosmix blended with hooop juice, and a whole stick of celery along the bottom for interest

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I personally don’t think that the behaviour of the FM’s is any better than red squig. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but if Jack was a decent person she would stop the FM’s from piling on but she doesn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Hi gang, I've been browsing these threads for a while now, thought it would be nice to finally say hello. Like so many of you I was taken in by Jack's poverty tales, I followed her on Twitter and even bought a couple of her books, but the longer I spent in the Jackiverse the less sense it all made, and so here I am, via Google.

One thing I haven't seen *any* reference to in terms of her finances is the libel payout she got from Katie Hopkins. Just thought it was curious that such a substantial amount of money has gone unaccounted for (and most likely sp**ked away) throughout all these exposés by AwfullyMolly and so on? Really makes you think, as you guys say a lot!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Tragically I don't think tip squig is a sock...if it is it's the best one I've seen (and the most boring)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just caught up, not sure this has been picked up on.
You bleat on about everything else. Please do show us all the food banks you've funded 'off your own back' *cough* patreon *cough*
Screenshot_2022-09-17-18-21-51-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Also, anytime she makes a claim like this I just have 1 thought, so much so that I feel like it deserves to be my profile picture to save time in responding.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.