Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm about 99% certain I know that account (won't share obviously). It is very odd in a number of ways. That keep pushing until we find her discomfort level is disgusting, though I would say it falls short of what Jack is seeking to imply but still not acceptable. It's interesting that she hasn't screenshotted it or drawn attention to it because it's an awful account and would get the flying monkeys going ballistic, however it also retweets saner people and pinches from other Tweeters making decent points so maybe she doesn't want to draw too much attention to it.
That account seems hellbent on destroying the efforts of genuine challengers to Jack both on Twitter and here.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
That's curious. Doesn't really match up with what Daubney is saying though, does it?
I think it's just a law themed news aggregator picking up on a story from elsewhere. If that had been filed she'd have been honking the proof all over Twitter last night, like a triumphant goose instead of sending Daubney weird Tweets about tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yes, but that's good advice, which is why she'll do exactly the opposite. :D
Part of why I'm interested in Jack is I am fascinated by the content/media ecosystem and how to make a living in it. And it's frustrating to see someone who had a lot of opportunities and has a big audience duck things up so badly for herself.
(Although equally frustrating to see someone who has no respect for food and very little technical skill try to forge a career as a cookery writer...)

Eta: I do a fair bit of mentoring for upcoming women freelancers/writers in my field 🔺 and the things I tell them for a successful career are:

Be reliable (ie file copy on time and to brief)
Don't be tit (i.e. Do a good job every time, whether it's an article, talk or media appearance)
Be pleasant to work with - it's a small world
Don't work for free - if you provide value, you should be paid. You can donate time and energy to causes you believe in and help people out, and you might have to do stuff for free for genuine publicity, especially for books, but you have to value your skills and talent

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Gently wash your tomato sauce off your tinned beans. Then boil the tit out of them for 10 mins and leave them to simmer for an unspecified time after that until they "soften". This has to be the ultimate slop, the platonic ideal of slop even. A slop so sloppy that baked beans from a tin are considered to still have too much texture ***even after being boiled for 10 minutes***
I've never read one of her recipe books, does she just rinse the tit out of everything?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think it's just a law themed news aggregator picking up on a story from elsewhere. If that had been filed she'd have been honking the proof all over Twitter last night, like a triumphant goose instead of sending Daubney weird Tweets about tit.
I am reliably informed that she has not filed a QBR ( I think that’s what it is) nor is she likely to

Reactions: 24
I am reliably informed that she has not filed a QBR ( I think that’s what it is) nor is she likely to
Can you say more about why she's not likely to or is it just the obvious piss weak case and comments gleefully amplified by herself.

Reactions: 22
I've never read one of her recipe books, does she just rinse the tit out of everything?
She rinses the tit out of everything and everyone. But in general in the rceipes if she doesnt rinse something, she waters it down cos people guarding off malnutrition dont need fats. I dont know why she doesnt just serve tap water with bits floating in tbh Breadcrusts floating in water sprinkled with fennel seeds. Add milk and its a white sauce.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Did he say no claim was filed or no action was taken?
His exact words were "No action was ever taken against Lee, nor anybody else". However filing a claim is action and Jack herself agrees it's not been filed yet and explained that she's giving them "enough rope".

Reactions: 41
His exact words were "No action was ever taken against Lee, nor anybody else". However filing a claim is action and Jack herself agrees it's not been filed yet and explained that she's giving them "enough rope".
So the question of the money is quite serious then. I wonder how mch it was. That was a staggering number of people saying they had or were going to send money. Staggering.

Reactions: 36
Sorry canal but I actually want Jack to do another song now. I may regret this statement.
I already died from cringe yesterday, do you want me to DIE AGAIN? Can I have a piss and a sandwich (actually fish tacos as soon as I get off my ample not-Mediterranean arse and make them) FIRST?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.