Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would a cook who’s actually got talent need 9 bookshelves of cookbooks? Unless they were ripping off other people’s recipes ofc
To be fair, a proper chef or food writer probably would amass quite a collection through experimenting with new styles, general interest, reading up on their field and I'm sure the odd freebie here and there. The big difference is they'd have something to show for their knowledge whereas Jack is still wheeling out the peach curry, rinsing hoops and can't tell the difference between food typically eaten in Georgia, USA and Georgia, Eastern Europe. It is impossible to put into words just how very, very stupid Jack is.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I love how often she seems to have things (9 bookcases of cook books for example) and will show us when she is at home but never does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Oh and she keeps referring to her lawyer being Jewish in a way that is becoming offensive. And implies that if he weren’t Jewish, he’d be beavering away on the Sabbath rather than pretending he’d lost his phone down the sofa
Also no harm to the princess of terrible singing but in what world would someone with an actual life would work on a friday night or saturday. I get some solicitors work saturday day times but they are allowed weekends too.

They also don't tend to be at ones beck and call, she watches too much tv.

Reactions: 36
Why would a cook who’s actually got talent need 9 bookshelves of cookbooks? Unless they were ripping off other people’s recipes ofc
I'm a pretty good cook and I've got a lot of cookbooks. If you are interested in food and cooking I think that's pretty normal. I kind of travel vicariously through cookbooks, and I also go off on whimsical little searches that mean I end up owning copies of cookbooks I've bought for one recipe or reference.
I do however, read them. I think that might be the difference.
edit as I wrote that i travel viciously rather than vicariously :oops:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I love how often she seems to have things (9 bookcases of cook books for example) and will show us when she is at home but never does.
She's probably only in her back garden raging away in her hammock about being, not only laughing stock but a chicken stock who is too scared to sue.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I played the bathroom tapes to my husband. Again he looked confused,. He identified it as Tom Waits, and said 'that's really bad, does she thing she can sing? She sounds drunk'

He still has very little idea who Jack is. Last time he saw a photo of Jack he thought it was Cherie Blsir.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
She is literally scraping the barrel for people that say nice things. I have some nice cards that people sent me from old jobs somewhere, perhaps i might get them out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Am I going mad or was there a squig that @ Martin Lewis?

Sure I saw the screen grab here.
You're not mad, I posted it towards the end of the last thread.

ETA: It's actually on this thread. I'm mad. You're still not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm a pretty good cook and I've got a lot of cookbooks. If you are interested in food and cooking I think that's pretty normal. I kind of travel vicariously through cookbooks, and I also go off on whimsical little searches that mean I end up owning copies of cookbooks I've bought for one recipe or reference.
I do however, read them. I think that might be the difference.
edit as I wrote that i travel viciously rather than vicariously :oops:
Me too! I have 13 bookshelves of them 😳.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Only three chaoses left until 400! Feels like only yesterday we got Vienetta hats (I bet that confused the absolute eff out of everyone else on tattle)

Surely she is running out of fresh chaos at this point though? What else could there be? A kiss n tell from Burger Bill? Will she claim Adele stole her songs? Will she be caught shopping in - gasp - Aldi?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Where is mr burger.

I have also wonder if she is catching up on old STC. She sounds like she is trying very hard to and failing to be the next Carrie. Shes even got herself a Burger.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
To be fair, a proper chef or food writer probably would amass quite a collection through experimenting with new styles, general interest, reading up on their field and I'm sure the odd freebie here and there. The big difference is they'd have something to show for their knowledge whereas Jack is still wheeling out the peach curry, rinsing hoops and can't tell the difference between food typically eaten in Georgia, USA and Georgia, Eastern Europe. It is impossible to put into words just how very, very stupid Jack is.
the other funny thing is, from seeing the recipes, georgia church suppers is the ONLY recipe book i actually believe jack could have read and been inspired by

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I see she’s deleted her first two snarky tweets of the day.

Maybe if she went outside, as I did, she would have the joy of getting a delicious coffee at a local business. The lovely coffee shop man called me ‘Young Lady Madam’ which I’m choosing to be immensely flattered by rather than him hedging his bets/changing his mind half-way.

It’s so weird that she never/hardly mentions food & drink that she’s had out? She made a big deal of her Google freebie so why didn’t she mention what she ate? How they source things locally?

Though when I say it’s weird it’s actually not - she just DGAF about food. Sad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.