Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I guess the cookbook thing is fair enough. But I do think Jack just nicks ideas, changing small bits as a lazy way of producing ’recipes’ she then begs for tips for as well as selling in cookbooks. I love Ottolenghi and have never found a recipe of his that’s unoriginal-plus they always work. Never seen one original thing from Jack-she just takes a classic, changes a key component for the worse and presents it as new.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
"I think you can still libel anyone, despite how good or bad their pre-existing reputation may be" Yes, you can, because the Libel is any untrue and defamatory statement. However, you can still have a libel "win" but get damages of £1 because your reputation was not worth more than that

• Haha
Reactions: 45
"I think you can still libel anyone, despite how good or bad their pre-existing reputation may be" Yes, you can, because the Libel is any untrue and defamatory statement. However, you can still have a libel "win" but get damages of £1 because your reputation was not worth more than that
😂Can you win and yet have to pay because your reputation is a negative value? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Imagine Jack successfully suing someone, getting totally slated by a snooty judge and awarded £1.00+ no costs. It would be amazing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
The richness of these Jack Chaos Eras is unbelievable. Quality contradictions, fact checks and self owns are flying past with minimum exploration, so soon is the next mind blowing incident. I am exhausted and exhilarated. I can't even pick a favourite. Although Big Dave becoming the Twitter main character was unexpected and guilty enjoyable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh and she keeps referring to her lawyer being Jewish in a way that is becoming offensive. And implies that if he weren’t Jewish, he’d be beavering away on the Sabbath rather than pretending he’d lost his phone down the sofa
It's weird, and like you say, it's getting offensive. Everything must have a label with Jack.

I wouldn't say it was my Muslim uncles birthday yesterday, it was just my uncle's birthday. And I'm not working with my Salvation Army colleague S tomorrow, it's just S.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
The richness of these Jack Chaos Eras is unbelievable. Quality contradictions, fact checks and self owns are flying past with minimum exploration, so soon is the next mind blowing incident. I am exhausted and exhilarated. I can't even pick a favourite. Although Big Dave becoming the Twitter main character was unexpected and guilty enjoyable.
Big Dave Gate was hysterical. A glorious example of Jack's arse witted stupidity backfiring and taking out the member of her family she's most keen to impress in a needless friendly fire incident. It's like they revived Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em but set the whole thing on Twitter with Jack as Frank, accidentally destroying Big Dave while standing there all "oooh Betty, the cats done a whoopsie in me beret".

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Also no harm to the princess of terrible singing but in what world would someone with an actual life would work on a friday night or saturday. I get some solicitors work saturday day times but they are allowed weekends too.

They also don't tend to be at ones beck and call, she watches too much tv.
Jack’s idea of a 24 hour on call pro bono no win no fee free gratis lawyer. Whereas he’s watching the continuing shitshow with this playing on a loop in his head
7BD0D5ED-1468-4A26-88CC-65D775FCCFAC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Screenshot_20220917_122305.jpg

Regarding the now deleted account who arranged an online meeting with the £44 patreon squig...
Just leaving this here as an idea for Jack 😉🧦

• Haha
  • Wow
Big Dave Gate was hysterical. A glorious example of Jack's arse witted stupidity backfiring and taking out the member of her family she's most keen to impress in a needless friendly fire incident. It's like they revived Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em but set the whole thing on Twitter with Jack as Frank, accidentally destroying Big Dave while standing there all "oooh Betty, the cats done a whoopsie in me beret".
I do think what she said about Big Dave being a Marxist Leninist because that's what he identifies as, despite being a Queen-loving middle-class landlord, explains a lot. You are what you say you are, at that precise moment, in her world.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yes, I guess the cookbook thing is fair enough. But I do think Jack just nicks ideas, changing small bits as a lazy way of producing ’recipes’ she then begs for tips for as well as selling in cookbooks. I love Ottolenghi and have never found a recipe of his that’s unoriginal-plus they always work. Never seen one original thing from Jack-she just takes a classic, changes a key component for the worse and presents it as new.
Presented without comment, “Mumma Jack’s Best Ever Chilli”
ETA I’m very sorry I could not squiggle out that picture 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.