Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the Tortoise interview she said she'd instructed her lawyer to send letters but he was getting married that week. Maybe he forgot or those bastards at Southend post office somehow sabotaged his mail.
Let us be fair to her. He may be on a very long honeymoon
Errrr yes Jack still on honeymoon, decided to make it a decade long
Bye then.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Can someone add the ONS FOI response and tweets, and Daubney’s tweet to the Wiki? I’d do it but I proved myself incapable of even finding the magic button to start a new thread the other day, so I fear causing a chaos if I try

ETA I really think this is more damning than most of the stuff she’s been caught out in before. Everything else, she’s been caught out by her own lies and contradictions. These are independent and official (using that loosely when it comes to Daubney, but you know what I mean!) sources

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

Screenshot_20220915-140823_Twitter~2.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 117
People like Daubney and co having a field day was the inevitable outcome of people on the left (side eyes Guardian) building up a total bleeping fraud. I'd like to think lessons will be learned but I won't be putting money on it.
I know...sighs...but it just takes the right person at the right time to say oi, hang on and things crumble. People were suspicious and uncomfortable about Belle Gibson for ages but daren't speak up. It took a medical journalist (I think) to expose her lies. Belle was untouchable because she claimed to be terminally ill. Jack because she is champion of the povs. They both found a kind of niche that people don't want to investigate because to doubt them means they would be judged as being unkind and hateful. Frightened of backlash from their cult of followers.
Belle kept money meant for charity as well, damaged people's health and denied until she was cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

View attachment 1580319
I quite like(d) Simon Harris. Didn't realise he was APILN as well (love a local news report sadface).
Sigh.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Bringing this over from the pervious thread. I would like evidence of her work in the foodbank. She tweeted about a foodbank in Wimbledon having to close on the bank holiday and with such a huge Glastonbury sized following, I would have thought it useful to publish her knowledge of her local foodbanks and their opening hours, at the very least . I know, I know, she is so quietly, softly, humbly doing all this 'work', but this, I would have thought, would be something she felt very strongly about no?
View attachment 1580225
Righto, so Jack volunteering at food banks is seemingly the only element of her life she keeps private?

Cos she shows ‘n’ tells 500,000 people all about:

1. When she’s having sex
2. The private texts she sends to people struggling in AA
3. Every aspect of her mental and physical health on a daily basis
4. When she’s been to Asda. What she bought. How much it cost.
5. Exactly what her dad does at 3pm on 25th December
5. What her lawyer is working on at any given time
6. Where she sleeps
7. Where her son is sleeping
8. Every aspect of her sons bedroom

….yet she just forgot to mention she’s volunteering down the foodbank

i completely and totally believe this. 100

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 132

View attachment 1580319
Nice to see you using that racist dated pimp trope there as well, Simon. #stayclassyyoutwat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

View attachment 1580319
Omg really? I love APILN but Simon does my head in most of the time. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS? 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Righto, so Jack volunteering at food banks is seemingly the only element of her life she keeps private?

Cos she shows ‘n’ tells 500,000 people all about:

1. When she’s having sex
2. The private texts she sends to people struggling in AA
3. Every aspect of her mental and physical health on a daily basis
4. When she’s been to Asda. What she bought. How much it cost.
5. Exactly what her dad does at 3pm on 25th December
5. What her lawyer is working on at any given time
6. Where she sleeps
7. Where her son is sleeping
8. Every aspect of her sons bedroom

….yet she just forgot to mention she’s volunteering down the foodbank

i completely and totally believe this. 100
Does it every week, LOCAL foodbank, doesn’t like to broadcast it (while broadcasting it)

Also in this talk claimed to have raised over a million quid for the Trussell Trust. Shoutout to @lurkerfrau for diligent receipt-taking

Reactions: 39
Does it every week, LOCAL foodbank, doesn’t like to talk about it (while talking about it)
As an activist you'd think she'd feel it was literally her job to talk about it. Funny how anything she (says she) does that is actually useful is always quietly behind the scenes, while she's blabbing all over twitter about irrelevant weirdness.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
As an activist you'd think she'd feel it was literally her job to talk about it. Funny how anything she (says she) does that is actually useful is always quietly behind the scenes, while she's blabbing all over twitter about irrelevant weirdness.
the Jack monroe school of activism is mostly telling vulnerable people on twitter to shut the fcuk up

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

View attachment 1580319
AAAAAggghhh - I really can't stand this bloke....... I think I dislike him more than Jack. 🔺 A few years ago we had St Georges Flags put up on loads of lamposts for the football in my part of the Southend area, anyway somebody took some down which caused a bit of local angst and a local facebook viral and then a bit of a fundraiser so even more were put up. Somehow this self publicist managed to get himself attached on to it and to get his mug on the telly again. He doesn't even live in Southend he lives in a town in an adjacent district.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
APILN is Alistair Coleman who is a BBC journalist I think. Not the same person.
Oh you're right, I'll edit. Sorry! He definitely runs a few FB groups though.

Eta I've missed the time limit to edit :(

Second eta that he's definitely friends with Alistair as his FB page is often linked from APILN and a recent September post was about 'friend of the page Simon'.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I haven't been able to get to real time in ages Glad my day off coincided with such great chaos.

I agree with everyone who said that the situation is nuanced. Jack needs it to be about the money, and not knowledge, other her books would be redundant. She needs people to believe everyone knows how to cook because otherwise her £20 shops would be useless- it's all well and good stocking your cupboards for twenty quid, but if you don't know how to boil those beans, that's money down the drain.

It's both. People on lower incomes have less time for cooking, less time for shopping for "real" food. They go to schools that don't have time to teach them, and have parents that don't either. And even if you do learn it at school, it's stuff that doesn't really give you much help in the real world. There's no meal planning, no nutrition info, no cooking for what you need. Poor people aren't knocking together a bakewell tart on a Saturday afternoon for dinner. And let's say you do learn that at school, everyone learns lots of things they forget the second they leave that classroom. Jack clearly couldn't remember enough to get more than 4 GCSEs, what makes her think people come out of school with all the knowledge for essential life skills?

It shows how much her childhood was completely removed from the people she claims to represent. She genuinely can't comprehend not having a good school giving a good eduction or good parents who show you have to do things.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.