Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend of my father in law (I know, prime DHOTY territory, but it's true) worked as a probation officer in a youth offending unit and there were kids in there who had never been shown how to brush their teeth. Obviously that's an extreme example, but plenty of people don't know how to cook, and I'd argue that's the case more today than say 50 years ago (although I guess the overall balance might the same as I bet more men cook now than back then).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Can any Irish tattle members (sorry I can't bring myself to say 'fraus', it's too cringy for me 😂) confirm if Jack's profile piece that she definitely travelled to Dublin for has appeared anywhere in the Irish press?

Unless it was for a monthly publication (unlikely) it should have been published by now.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Jack has appeared as satire on the Daily Mash:
The Daily Mash is still going? I thought it died a death after that arse clenching awful TV show.

No thread for Simon Harris? Could just chuck the posts in the Russ in Cheshire one I guess. Nobody would notice the difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
As an activist you'd think she'd feel it was literally her job to talk about it. Funny how anything she (says she) does that is actually useful is always quietly behind the scenes, while she's blabbing all over twitter about irrelevant weirdness.
Alas, 'tis twirly

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Can any Irish tattle members (sorry I can't bring myself to say 'fraus', it's too cringy for me 😂) confirm if Jack's profile piece that she definitely travelled to Dublin for has appeared anywhere in the Irish press?

Unless it was for a monthly publication (unlikely) it should have been published by now.
Good thinking. Did we get any photos ? We usually do. My memory is getting worse about the most random things 😕 do we know who the journalist was ?

Reactions: 18
Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

View attachment 1580319
Good for that squig. Back in your box Simon, bleeping sneering prick, all left wing and full of concern for the poor until it threatens your middle class pal's grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
The tweet/thread title is making me think of those ‘That’s not my….’ kids books…

That’s not my fanny, it’s too hairy
That’s not my fanny, it’s too smooth
That’s not my fanny, it’s too big
That’s not my fanny, it’s too small
That’s my fanny - it looks just like a burger

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Is it just me or is Martin definitely subtweeting Jack here?

I squiggled who he is quote tweeting as not a blue tick even though he's a journalist and former editor of the Sun :sick:

Screenshot_20220915-161524_Twitter~2.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

I'm 99% certain someone posted here that she'd been spotted in a cafe/restaurant in Dublin. I think they even posted the menu. :D 1% of me thinks I am imagining things, mind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The tweet/thread title is making me think of those ‘That’s not my….’ kids books…

That’s not my fanny, it’s too hairy
That’s not my fanny, it’s too smooth
That’s not my fanny, it’s too big
That’s not my fanny, it’s too small
That’s my fanny - it looks just like a burger
I just looked at that list (🦉🍾 at the burger one especially) and was hit by a feeling of dismay that the tweet which inspired all of this was shared from her professional twitter account. The thought of an up-skirt photo of me being seen by people who know me in a professional setting makes me feel all cold and shuddery. Send comfort blanketos.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
You know how Jack is back pleading poverty intermittently? This just popped up in a friend's FB feed......

FB_IMG_1663254706600.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
As if I missed Mackie tweeting her fanjo to her Pyramid sized audience. Nigella could never.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
When she pulls this, “Oh no I’m so sick, I have laryngitis, my bones are crumbling” etc etc tit, do you think these event organisers feel a huge amount of anxiety about whether or not she’ll actually show up? If I was relying on a speaker and they were dropping these hints I’d be so stressed assuming they were about to pull a sickie.

Reactions: 43
I know we’ve (sort of) moved on from her lies about being instrumental to the ONS’s work to her lies about the legal action that wasn’t and the grift around that, but just to add from the last thread.

There isn’t a tweet about meeting with the ONS every week but she did claim it. She said it in that conference thing she was at in Glasgow right before Harold binned her that fraus watched/attended.

Ah well done digging that up.
I had a dim memory of her mentioning the weekly ONS meetings as an aside in a talk somewhere, but couldn't remember where.
It really is most strange the ONS don't appear to remember it either.
I'm sure Jack will have a very logical explanation for it 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm 99% certain someone posted here that she'd been spotted in a cafe/restaurant in Dublin. I think they even posted the menu. :D 1% of me thinks I am imagining things, mind.
I think it was just a picture she posted that someone recognized as a sign in a (touristy) Dublin pub, and then she tweeted later on that Dublin was a grand old place that had welcomed her with open arms, or some such nonsense. No actual sightings or info about the interview, afaik.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think it was just a picture she posted that someone recognized as a sign in a (touristy) Dublin pub, and then she tweeted later on that Dublin was a grand old place that had welcomed her with open arms, or some such nonsense. No actual sightings or info about the interview, afaik.
Yeah she tweeted the very recognisable sign outside Doyle's pub.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is it just me or is Martin definitely subtweeting Jack here?

I squiggled who he is quote tweeting as not a blue tick even though he's a journalist and former editor of the Sun :sick:

View attachment 1580422
I can't screenshot, but here's one of the replies to his tweet:

"Maybe you can encourage Jack Monroe to have the same beliefs as you and be transparent about appropriation of raised funds and lack of patreon goods."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.