Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was enjoying a little Jack sabbatical, I can’t lie. I had GMB on in the background this morning and was pottering about - when I left they were talking about the Queen but when I returned The Poverty Princess was on the screen. For a split second I thought ‘wait…she didn’t really bench press the Queen did she?’

Do we think she keeps the jumper and earrings in a locker at GMB so she can wear them every time she’s on?

• Haha
Reactions: 98
It will be interesting to see how she tries to worm her way out of this one. I don't think "I donated the money to charity, now leave me alone" is going to pass muster this time.
I suspect she'll ignore this one like all the Patreon and Teemill transparency requests. Until she loses self-control again, then bites and sends a flurry of nasty Tweets then will delete as she won't want attention drawn to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64
Please do let us know, Jack, where you donated all this cash that people gave you under the false pretence it was for legal fees. The last time I checked Jack Monroe was not a registered charity.

View attachment 1580227
View attachment 1580239

Bringing over my screenshot from the previous thread as this is important.

View attachment 1580229
View attachment 1580233
This is both interesting and glorious. Opinions aside about Martin, Lee and anyone else what happened to the money ? This could be IT if it gets enough traction. They need to start asking questions.

Reactions: 57
It will be interesting to see how she tries to worm her way out of this one. I don't think "I donated the money to charity, now leave me alone" is going to pass muster this time.
It really needs properly investigating. It's so frustrating how she just gets away with this tit.

Reactions: 55
The receipts for her lies are now coming from more sources - Martin, the ONS etc. If there are any investigative journalists on this there will be more that us mere fraus can't get.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
This is both interesting and glorious. Opinions aside about Martin, Lee and anyone else what happened to the money ? This could be IT if it gets enough traction. They need to start asking questions.
People like Daubney and co having a field day was the inevitable outcome of people on the left (side eyes Guardian) building up a total bleeping fraud. I'd like to think lessons will be learned but I won't be putting money on it.

Reactions: 72
Jack, you can't cook and claim you can feed a family for £20 a week.

What are food tech lessons like these days? Mine (year 7-9) were making cookies, sandwiches and salads. GCSE was entirely desserts. I obviously don't love the "poor people just don't know how to cook" narrative but if parents don't have the time/money then it would be helpful for kids to learn to make actual meals in school.

View attachment 1580223
But isn't her entire body of work about showing the poors how to cook on not much money? So if the poors can cook but just need more money then what is the point of her "recipes"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Wait, didn't she post something like 'gloves off, lawyers instructed' and claimed to have a team of paralegals on the case? Like the Dordrecht Mystery, I'm dying to know what happened here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Wait, didn't she post something like 'gloves off, lawyers instructed' and claimed to have a team of paralegals on the case? Like the Dordrecht Mystery, I'm dying to know what happened here.
I'm guessing nothing happened. Her lawyer either ghosted her or told her there was no case given the publicity she gave the video so the only activity was in her head

Reactions: 53
Like everything that comes out of Jack Monroe's mouth (or keyboard), it's all a load of completely made-up bollocks.

She's a pathological liar and fantasist.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Also, wasn't she asking people to keep track of the original (supposedly libellous) tweet? From what I can remember she was very excited to see the number of likes go up because it was helping her case. Or something like that.

Reactions: 49
It really needs properly investigating. It's so frustrating how she just gets away with this tit.
And best of all, she can’t claim it’s ring-fenced in a separate account since she said (and we all know she doesn’t lie, don’t we) that those account balances of £0.00 she shared at the beginning of the month were all the accounts she has.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I was enjoying a little Jack sabbatical, I can’t lie. I had GMB on in the background this morning and was pottering about - when I left they were talking about the Queen but when I returned The Poverty Princess was on the screen. For a split second I thought ‘wait…she didn’t really bench press the Queen did she?’

Do we think she keeps the jumper and earrings in a locker at GMB so she can wear them every time she’s on?
I strongly suspect those zippy earrings are superglued to her lobes.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I know we’ve (sort of) moved on from her lies about being instrumental to the ONS’s work to her lies about the legal action that wasn’t and the grift around that, but just to add from the last thread.

There isn’t a tweet about meeting with the ONS every week but she did claim it. She said it in that conference thing she was at in Glasgow right before Harold binned her that fraus watched/attended.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
In the Tortoise interview she said she'd instructed her lawyer to send letters but he was getting married that week. Maybe he forgot or those bastards at Southend post office somehow sabotaged his mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Bringing this over from the pervious thread. I would like evidence of her work in the foodbank. She tweeted about a foodbank in Wimbledon having to close on the bank holiday and with such a huge Glastonbury sized following, I would have thought it useful to publish her knowledge of her local foodbanks and their opening hours, at the very least . I know, I know, she is so quietly, softly, humbly doing all this 'work', but this, I would have thought, would be something she felt very strongly about no?
View attachment 1580225
This is such a weird thing to say and highlights her narcissism. What normal person talks about themselves like this? It's almost as if she believes Destiny has set her on this path, the whole 'I've come to accept my place in it all' and 'it's a job I didn't apply for in a life I can hardly believe is real'. I wonder if all the talk about the Queen and the whole appointed by/answerable only to God thing has addled Jack's brain even more. The Divine Right of Jack?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
The more snarky she gets the more excited I get of this ONS reveal. I feel like she’s digging herself her biggest hole being such a toad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Jack, you can't cook and claim you can feed a family for £20 a week.

What are food tech lessons like these days? Mine (year 7-9) were making cookies, sandwiches and salads. GCSE was entirely desserts. I obviously don't love the "poor people just don't know how to cook" narrative but if parents don't have the time/money then it would be helpful for kids to learn to make actual meals in school.

View attachment 1580223
I've ranted about Jack's lack of nuance in discussing this before so I won't repeat the whole thing, but here she is over simplifying the issue again.

Of course "poor people can't cook" is a bad take if it's left at that, but if you explore it properly it does uncover some genuine issues. Poor people aren't unable to cook because they're stupid or lazy, but as a demographic they really do have fewer opportunities to learn cooking (or any other skill!) because they are the people whose parents or other mentors are most likely to be working multiple jobs/too disabled to demo things/unable to read English etc. Offering lessons in school for cookery and other life skills would go some way towards addressing this.

Recognising that socioeconomic status impacts on our ability to learn is important, and is exactly the sort of thing that should be covered within Jack's "niche".

Jack is all about nuance when it comes to defending her own reputation, but doesn't acknowledge it all when it comes to engaging in difficult conversations about other people. Makes you think that she's a selfish bleep.

Edit- sorry I think I lied and did, in fact, repeat the whole rant. The rage took over 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.