Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack, you can't cook and claim you can feed a family for £20 a week.

What are food tech lessons like these days? Mine (year 7-9) were making cookies, sandwiches and salads. GCSE was entirely desserts. I obviously don't love the "poor people just don't know how to cook" narrative but if parents don't have the time/money then it would be helpful for kids to learn to make actual meals in school.

View attachment 1580223
She is hardly one to talk about this, she cannot even make chicken soup without it looking like the contents of a horror film swamp.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
In the Jewish Chronical - Jack making the hospitalisation of a holocaust survivor all about her :
View attachment 1580535

Does she realise there are letters other than "I" in the alphabet?

If she dares go down that route, well. Look out, Jack because I will go rogue and gather every atom of support and we will stop you. Leave us alone, Jack.
I'm sorry for sounding like a maniac. I'm upset.
Would still pound her into a hole, though if it shut her up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Circling back to this:

1D305875-A337-4CBB-ADBC-2A2B3C098B9E.jpeg

“Famously “ 😂

Who does she think she is? A canal of fraus laughing about your lever arch files does not make you famous pal.

Although at this point I even suspect the millions of receipts are a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 93
just reading the past thread and see you were discussing Jack’s dead name. I haven’t really considered that her past name is a dead name as such. Is more that the name Jack Monroe is her stage name, nom de plume (or nom de guerre).
I feel the same - her name change appears to be something she did completely unrelated to her gender, so using her old name isn't about denying her identity the way dead naming would be.

• Heart
o me it’s not the same as the issues around transition and dead names, more like everyone knows Elton John was called Reg Dwight, that’s not his name now but it’s not problematic to say that was his name at birth.
I don't want to drag this thread into a gender discussion, but does Jack even identify as trans now? Hasn't she been using female pronouns in all her posts?

Reactions: 21
"Quiet guidance off the record" very convenient for anyone asking her about why the ONS FOI request only shows one meeting
Government doesn't do 'off the record' in the way she thinks. Emails, calendar entries in senior people's diaries, meetings: if she thinks it's 'off the record' it isn't. FOI requests usually result in an instruction going to staff 🔺 to search their inboxes/calendars etc for, in this case, 'Jack Monroe' - they're required to turn in any results and the FOI team will decide what is releasable. MAYBE she thinks WhatsApping a director or director general level contact (SCS2 and SCS3) is off the record but I believe many Departments do advise staff that WhatsApp messages from official devices are also fair game under FOI.

I don't see a high flying civil servant at the ONS or anywhere else in Whitehall hiding the fact she's been softly, gently speaking to them on numerous occasions over many months. Why would they. Ergo, it's bollocks!

• Heart
Reactions: 79
You know when she gets cancelled, she'll defect to GB News and become their Social Affairs correspondent.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Jumping forward to say
@Mr Krabs said, in previous thread:

Yeah I get the whole posting photos of my best life to own the haterzzzz shtick. It’s a move that’s as old as social media itself. You aren’t supposed to then point out that you’re posting photos to own us. That kind of defeats the purpose.

she can’t afford us!
Back I go

• Haha
Reactions: 29
A squig has now copied Asda into the ONS stuff.

I don't want to drag this thread into a gender discussion, but does Jack even identify as trans now? Hasn't she been using female pronouns in all her posts?
She does and has used they/them and she/her since fairly early on after coming out.

• Wow
  • Haha
I did a safeguarding course this week🔺. They were talking about recruitment and people changing names. They said that people in legal trouble change names and use different names so it’s hard to track debts and court cases and stuff. Makes you think.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Circling back to this:

View attachment 1580614

“Famously “ 😂

Who does she think she is? A canal of fraus laughing about your lever arch files does not make you famous pal.

Although at this point I even suspect the millions of receipts are a lie.
I often wonder if she thinks all the likes and laugh reacts on her screenshots are for her. She’s such a narc I can imagine her seeing a screenshot with a lame joke of hers on here, and thinking the 100 laugh reacts are people laughing with her, not at her.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
my personal feeling is that she's "trans" the same way she's "the most lesbian lesbian to ever lesbian, even after touching Michael Fassbender's chest", the same way she's been advising the government behind the scenes for years, ie she says whatever will get her some attention, but i can also see how not taking her at her word could be problematic in itself so....🤷‍♀️
Oh I totally agree with that. I wasn't really speculating about whether Jack's trans identity is genuine. What I meant was - does Jack herself claim a trans identity? Bc it seems that she now uses female pronouns, presents as female, refers to being a woman, etc. I guess if you're nonbinary then you can use she/them or whatever, but she doesn't do that either. It comes across like she got bored with it and moved on. I don't mean this to be disrespectful to trans people. If someone tells me they're trans then I believe them. In this case it's Jack Monroe so I don't take anything she says at face value.

• Heart
Government doesn't do 'off the record' in the way she thinks. Emails, calendar entries in senior people's diaries, meetings: if she thinks it's 'off the record' it isn't. FOI requests usually result in an instruction going to staff 🔺 to search their inboxes/calendars etc for, in this case, 'Jack Monroe' - they're required to turn in any results and the FOI team will decide what is releasable. MAYBE she thinks WhatsApping a director or director general level contact (SCS2 and SCS3) is off the record but I believe many Departments do advise staff that WhatsApp messages from official devices are also fair game under FOI.

I don't see a high flying civil servant at the ONS or anywhere else in Whitehall hiding the fact she's been softly, gently speaking to them on numerous occasions over many months. Why would they. Ergo, it's bollocks!
Sorry this is me-rail-y but can confirm in an old job my department was FOIed and we had to submit WhatsApps. Also asked for Twitter DMs although the subject of the request didn’t use Twitter.

It basically means that any contact Jack had with ONS wasn’t in an official capacity. I bet she’s just been chatting shite in a personal capacity to that ONS employee guy who was (probably inadvisably) stanning her.

Reactions: 58
A friend of my father in law (I know, prime DHOTY territory, but it's true) worked as a probation officer in a youth offending unit and there were kids in there who had never been shown how to brush their teeth. Obviously that's an extreme example, but plenty of people don't know how to cook, and I'd argue that's the case more today than say 50 years ago (although I guess the overall balance might the same as I bet more men cook now than back then).
As said before my eldest went to his nursery/ year one in a very deprived area. He was taught to brush his teeth in school and was one of the few who already knew how to. I know because he told me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I often wonder if she thinks all the likes and laugh reacts on her screenshots are for her. She’s such a narc I can imagine her seeing a screenshot with a lame joke of hers on here, and thinking the 100 laugh reacts are people laughing with her, not at her.
I've wondered this before and I think you're right

• Haha
Reactions: 27
A friend of my father in law (I know, prime DHOTY territory, but it's true) worked as a probation officer in a youth offending unit and there were kids in there who had never been shown how to brush their teeth. Obviously that's an extreme example, but plenty of people don't know how to cook, and I'd argue that's the case more today than say 50 years ago (although I guess the overall balance might the same as I bet more men cook now than back then).
On a similar note apparently they teach all new recruits in the army how to wash themselves properly, including their genitals, because it has been enough of a problem with the recruiting pool that they have kids joining up who have never been shown basic hygiene.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
The article appeared in their latest newsletter- I find it funny how apt the comment is as although it's meant to be satire supporting Jack it does make some points which really sum her up...

oh, i didn't mean anything by it. just making sure i wasn't going mad, it's been a looong week 😊

and, yes, it's right on the nose without even meaning to be!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When she says things about meetings, etc she thinks that she can't be found out. The same way that going to AA can't be. They aren't the same at all.
She's depended on people being utterly gaslit or not being bothered. And anything that she says being defended. Where are her flying monkeys now ?

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.