Jack Monroe #395 That’s not my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or is Martin definitely subtweeting Jack here?

I squiggled who he is quote tweeting as not a blue tick even though he's a journalist and former editor of the Sun :sick:

View attachment 1580422
There are a very small number of responses, but three are specifically about Jack, one of which is tagging her in. Edit to clarify these are all different people, I just squigged in same colour because I’m EXHAUSTED.
DE599A3A-A34B-4077-ABB7-39289D46701B.jpeg
86C18FDB-B342-4BDB-ACE0-A68C64679512.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
Slightly OT in terms of current discourse (non burger related and non Lenin/Marx related).. but it was reading the JM threads that I realised a now ex-friend of mind is exactly like Madame. Constant need for validation from internet strangers, multiple 'chaoses' (she actually calls them that as well) and general unreliability, fake health conditions that she's internet researched "I have an EPI pen"... as someone who genuinely has a litany of serious health conditions this is my own particular aneurysm. I wouldn't wish any of my health conditions on anyone, why anybody would pretend to have arthritis etc is beyond me. This friend did a Jack on me and trolled me on social media, then denied it, then blocked me on everything?! Her constant 'poor me' attitude when I was going through some of the worst times of my life was just too much to bear and her selfishness became very apparent. At first I thought of her as quite a sweet, slightly pitiable person who found life hard, but actually I think there's real manipulation there.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Just seen someone on Twitter call her a middle class poverty larper and Fraus, I lol’ed

(Larp= live action role play, usually people dressed as hobbits brandishing axes but this time it’s just Jack pretending to be A Poor and holding a farmfoods bag full of pease pudding)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

View attachment 1580319
Is he behind the Daily Mash article too? That was pretty sycophantic.

Reactions: 20
I'm guessing nothing happened. Her lawyer either ghosted her or told her there was no case given the publicity she gave the video so the only activity was in her head
I'd just love to know the exact details of the conversation she had with her lawyer about this and how he softly gently told her to get to duck

• Haha
Reactions: 54
This has been a revealing week for JM in a lot of ways.
How will Martin Lewis respond to those direct posts I wonder?

Reactions: 35
just reading the past thread and see you were discussing Jack’s dead name. I haven’t really considered that her past name is a dead name as such. Is more that the name Jack Monroe is her stage name, nom de plume (or nom de guerre).

Reactions: 33
In the Jewish Chronical - Jack making the hospitalisation of a holocaust survivor all about her :
View attachment 1580535

Does she realise there are letters other than "I" in the alphabet?

I saw this on Twitter. She also @d about 10 other people not in the original tweet, including the Jewish news, the Auschwitz museum & Judge Rinder.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
I don't know how these things work - but would an application of FOI to the BBC cover if certain people had been asked to appear on Strictly?

(Actually I'm serious 😂 Quite happy to make the enquiry).
I expect you could just ask the Beeb nicely as a 'fan' if she'd been/ was being considered, tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm sure I've seen this before

eta, oh yeah, just noticed it's from march
The article appeared in their latest newsletter- I find it funny how apt the comment is as although it's meant to be satire supporting Jack it does make some points which really sum her up...

Reactions: 14
I’m suddenly, overwhelmingly and not softly, gently furious again reading Twitter. She. Needs. To. Be. Cancelled. End of story

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.