Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TbilisiPeach

Chatty Member
Can I also commend all the diligent screenshot takers, archivists and historians who rose to the challenge for Queen and Country this thread today? I had an actual deadline, so spent 40 minutes furiously grunking at lunch and more now after dinner. I'm forever in your debt. Chaos received. Over and out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
Lying cunt. Again not 🔺️ too much but I've got experience of these kind of summit events. All speakers get paid. The link I posted about the event production company - well paid. The optics of a multinational NOT paying people at their events are terrible.

Also, again not triangulating myself too much. Google, like many modern tech businesses has shitloads of MDs. Most likely given the context of this event, its the "MD - Business Development", ie sales director. But we can't let the grain of truth get in the way of a Jack Monroe embellishment......

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

queenfeline

I am mid-grunk, but I just want everyone to know that this has truly brightened my gloomy day a bit. Just found out the love of my life, my cat Nigella (yes, I named her before Nigella's scandals in 2013) is probably dying but wow did Jack deliver on some giggles.

• Heart
  • Sad

Naboo The Enigma

Sorry for shouting, cba to make it bold.
Anyway, fixed it for y’all.
It's been said over and over again in here, and it's what brought me here. I *thought* I was in a similar position to her - middle class, own home....don't want to merail, but ended up on benefits with two young children. I did feel embarrassed to ask my parents for help, but if it was a choice between feeling embarrassed or getting food into them, or paying the rent, I obviously went for asking for help. We're a close family, and it seems like Jack's family are too.

I'm still not well off by any means, and my girls are grown up and independent now. My youngest works as a carer - she loves her job but is really struggling with the cost of living atm. She messages me at the end of every month asking if I think her electricity will last until payday, and I transfer £50 for leccie and food and tell her that I don't need her to pay it back unless she can afford to. (And to her credit, she always pays me back as soon as she gets paid)

• Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
Jack had dinner with the MD of google and loads of high powered CEOs. They're all laughing and having a great time, just out of shot.

• Haha

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I'm at a conference (sadly not Conference Conference) but just wanted to very quickly drop in and say I love Dogmatic Absolutism and have all of their albums.

• Haha
Reactions: 76

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I TRY TO DO MY JOB FOR ONE MORNING AND MISS ALL THIS MARXIST ROYALIST CHAOS?! I'm going to have to hand in my notice and start supporting myself with an empty Patreon instead of a job aren't I?

I'm shocked that even Jack "what's a personal boundary?" Monroe would share so many details about her dad's tenants. Vile, vile behaviour. The only comfort here is that she's probably made all those details up.

The squig who said that Jack wants to please all sides has it spot on. One of the reasons she claims to be so many things is because she wants everyone to like her- she can't be a royalist or an abolitionist because it would ostracise the opposing side so she has to tie herself in knots of nonsense be "complex and nuanced".

What a glorious day.

• Heart
  • Haha

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
No days off till November (does she ‘work’ weekends?) but schools have a half term in October so that’s another week with zero fun planned with SB.

Sorry but it grinds my gears. I work a 40hr week plus do my share of laundry, cooking, cleaning, look after my disabled dad, take two kids to swimming, orchestra, I food shop, 2 school runs a day, I’m disabled so I try to take a walk around the block at lunch then I do all the family admin etc, that’s life not something to moan about, me and husband have still both taken half term off and booked an apartment with a pool at the seaside so we can have fun family time. She just neglects her kid to argue and lie on the internet, and occasionally lie to a crowd. Her entire life is a lie.

Annoyed. She’s a dickhead.

• Heart

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220914-193139_Twitter.jpg

Ooft, soooooo close squig! So close.
Unfortunately, Jack Monroe concentrates all of her efforts on Jack Monroe, Sorry.

Where do I claim my £5?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
She really thinks that everyone is so concerned for her health. The doctor who diagnosed laryngitis (confirmed) on a Sunday, the pharmacist who was concerned for her work/life balance and now claiming that she doesn't have a day off until late November.
She has no shame. Try working a real, full-time job, actually having to commute to work at your own expense and looking after your own child. No privilege of getting comped nights in posh hotels and getting picked up in town cars. She is privilege personified.
I can't stand people that think she's a saviour for the poors - she is nothing of the sort, in fact she's taking the piss out of everyone, pretending that tweeting all day and rustling up slop is a job.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
It's just occurred to me that when Jack said she was going to be on a "flagship political debate show" she was probably referring to .... Good Morning Britain.

• Haha

fondant_fancy

I can't believe she's opened up her dad to so much criticism. That's something that won't be forgotten about in a hurry.

• Sad
  • Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I just found this juxtaposition of twitter posts deliciously ironic. There's no room for nuance over David Cameron but plenty for Marxist leninist landlords who worship the royals.

The whole thing about her dad I find hilarious. Like fuck does St Big Dave of the Vulnerable Tenants sit by the phone waiting for his hour long call with a tenant every bloody day!

View attachment 1578188
You’d think that Jack would avoid mentioning David Cameron, lest people remember that she got fired by a major supermarket for her nasty remarks about his late son. What an idiot.