Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Amanda Lin

VIP Member
So Jack’s Marxist dad has been quietly helping vulnerable elderly people with rent free accommodation and covid shopping, yet couldn’t help his daughter and grandchild when they had to turn off the fridge for two years?

This must be because he subscribes to the Marxist view on family. Is that also why he won’t let her inherit his property portfolio?

• Haha
Reactions: 97

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
Is that a Stone Island shirt or are my old lady eyes deceiving me?

(the less way say about the photoshop/facial blurring the better)
1663163780421.png

I think this explains that other unidentified logo
M&S Collection Pure Cotton Flannel Check Overshirt (Khaki) £35

1663164131665.png

You can shut up now
Jack learned nothing from the last time she mentioned David Cameron then

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 95

Emmapism

VIP Member
Honestly I've never been happier that work is super quiet. Guilt free catch ups!

About to get on a train into town. Hope nobody tries to hand me their 6 day old baby because I'm just not interested.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

Ooointitot

Chatty Member
Presented without comment. I asked. They replied. Just for clarity though in my original request I sent a copy of a tweet from
Jack in May 2022 in which Jack confirmed she had once again met with them along with other tweets where Jack had referenced meeting and working with ONS.
So beautiful.
I hereby petition the Thread Elders to award Penelope_Ghent an MBE for Monroe Bullshit Exposure

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
Why on earth wouldn’t you just take the baby with you? I know it’s into a loo on a train but if it’s that or leave it with a complete stranger there’s no contest surely? At 6 days old? Or at any age actually. Her pathetic imaginings are pathetic.
Exactly. Was the baby's parent just carrying them around? They weren't in a harness or a buggy? I'd never in a million years hand my baby over to a stranger. Her story is, as always, bollocks.

PS I knew something had kicked off when I logged back in to tattle and saw the last thread was closed already but I didn't expect it to be THIS GOOD. Send popcornos.

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I have always found Jack's language around money interesting. Her Dad charges 'peppercorn' rent.

Remember when she said the Guardian pay 'buttons' per article and we roughly worked out that she'd be looking at a few hundred pounds?

I don't think that's 'buttons' by any stretch so you'll excuse me if I take 'peppercorn rent' with a fuck ton of salt.....

• Haha
  • Heart

Zelda

Word is spreading...another forum where I lurk (CookdnBombd - comedy and stuff) has had a (relatively minuscule, obviously) thread on Jack where earlier in the summer there was a bit of back and forth about the criticism of her.

The upshot was, earlier in the year, most of the posters agreed she was generally somewhere between "ace" and okay, if a bit of a chaotic elevenerifer, with a few dissenters.

Just popped there again and Jack trending on Twitter has led to something of a reappraisal. They're not a hive mind, some still believe the best of her, but the tide has turned. Here are some sample quotes:
  • "Anyway, I read this slightly obsessively researched article [Molly] about whether or not Jack Monroe is a scammer and I dunno lads, I'm sort of leaning towards her being a bit of a wrong 'un."
  • "Halfway through that medium post and it seems pretty damning."
  • [not getting into the wider question of whether Jack is a scammer] "Jack's suggestion that people cancel their energy bill direct debit and set up a standing order for an amount they can afford instead is phenomenally bad advice."
  • "[semi-supportive, neutral-ish comment] seemed a bit like she was milking the desperation a bit was the talk of unscrewing lights and stuff."
  • "im absolutely not going to grind an axe (there are some horrible people who clearly constantly name search Jack Monroe on twitter to try and defame them, absolutely pathetic beasts), but also at this point I'm not convinced they [Jack] do that much good. their media appearances are appalling, and bootlicking the royal family at this time is not good. you don't need to hurl shit at them, just keep quiet!!! for fucks sake!"
  • "Fundamentally though I think there are other people capable of doing what Monroe does, doing it honestly, more efficiently and without the dysfunction and possibly even are doing already just without the minor personality cult."
The forum isn't massive, but it's long-standing and usually bang on the zeitgeist. Definitely left-leaning, not a whiff of anti-trans (quite the opposite) and generally populated by sharp-minded posters.

Hope I've not done a chaos with this, debated whether to name the forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

Chap O

Congratulations, Jack.

Not only are you subjected to constant mockery on twitter (which is entirely your fault), you've now made your Dad a laughing stock as well. Nicely done.
At least it is a stock she can actually make.

• Haha
Reactions: 92

Amanda Lin

VIP Member
Hi Jack,

Just a quick one to say you are now uninvited from the family lunch for the Queen’s funeral. Your dad’s seen Twitter and he’s not best pleased.

Talk soon

Mum

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
she's having such a mare, this is just such a wonderful day

the hammer + sickles are taking the piss, the shitposters are taking the piss, people who were still supporting her after molly are taking the piss!

piss-taking squigs are all over my feed

it's ✨ wonderful✨ to see

• Haha
  • Heart