Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel that now is the time to say something that's been on my mind for a while. The problem is I don't want to be fallen out with or be misunderstood. I am nice, honestly.
Here goes.
Jack is after fellas now because she is getting too old to be of interest to older, rich lesbians. In my experience ( decades ago but I don't think it's changed much ) The elder would get great sex from a keen youngster in exchange for being treated to things. Not necessarily money but access to the in crowd, meeting people who are on the scene and popular, being taken places in cars and taxis, that kind of thing.
But these youngsters become irritating before long. They take too much and get clingy. Sex wanes. They must think anyone over 30 is grateful for any bit of anything.
She's not butch, never has been. She had a baby dyke cuteness that doesn't work at her age. Harsh, but true. Most folks move on, find a niche to be comfortable with and enjoy life as it is. Not Jack.
Oh no.

Reactions: 98
Did the squig interview people to find out whether the yellow sticker absence was even the reason they were looking stressed and indecisive in a grocery store?
I ALWAYS look stressed and indecisive while shopping. It's my MO.

Reactions: 74
Visions of people pacing up and down the aisles of Asda wringing their hands, picking random items to check if anything yellow hiding underneath and muttering “I thought Jack fixed this”

Reactions: 78
Oh god this has really amused me. The way it's written, like Jack is now an emergency service only contactable via Twitter and she needs to respond URGENTLY, SOFTLY to help the good peasants of Asda Charlton out. And the depiction of these shoppers as some kind of distressed flock, wandering in bewilderment, unable to function, 'picking things up and putting things back again'

Reactions: 76

"Hello? This is Slopline, have you tried bunging it in a curry?"

Reactions: 90
I’m packing up right now and obviously doing it the sensible way; sort, condense, throw or pack. Jack is just Titting about as per.

Reactions: 33
Are you spending enough time painstakingly handwriting a FORENSIC STOCKTAKE of all your cupboards, fridges, freezers and shelves into a notebook? Are you writing a list of meal IDEAS (but not considering the detailed ingredients needed) before you go? Are you telling over half a million people that you’re going before you go?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, you are not doing shopping correctly and have only your ownself to blame.

*For clothes shopping, substitute the above stocktake for one of your wardrobes, cupboards and drawers, and substitute the list of meal IDEAS for a comprehensive list of outfit IDEAS (not forgetting hats and lanyards).

Reactions: 52
I LOVE these posts and try to use my Yuri Geller style powers to make squigs do more of them. I want this to be Jack's life now "Jack, I was in the Asda Bromborough store and noticed they'd run out of lemon curd, this isn't the first time it's happened. Mum likes it on a scone and if we can't get it she has to make do with a bit of fairy cake, now mum isn't one to complain but I can tell she's disappointed. Could you speak you them about this"

Last edited:
Reactions: 96
Yeah Jack when you have your next Board can you vote to get that sorted.

Reactions: 29
Visions of people pacing up and down the aisles of Asda wringing their hands, picking random items to check if anything yellow hiding underneath and muttering “I thought Jack fixed this”
Management decide the only way to get them to snap out of their fugue state is to attach a copy of Tin Can’t Cook from a piece of string and dangle it in the middle of the aisle moving it along slowly carrot on a stick style, shepherding all of the people who are picking food up and putting it back again, towards the exit.
I think Jack not coming up with enough stupid suggestions or terrible recipes for her fans might be how the Zombie Apocalypse starts.

Reactions: 54
Babe, same. I often get stopped by the oh so helpful staff asking me if I'm alright as I looked stressed and I have to explain that I'm just thinking about what to have for tea on Friday, pal.

Can't they let me breath?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 51
I'm more convinced she's after a pregnancy, which is obviously a possibility in a lesbian relationship but takes some planning by which time Jack's horrifying personality will have manifested itself and her partner will have fed a fox a hose and run for their life. Whereas a man, particularly night time bang 'n' burger job is full of jizzos to unwittingly* knock up a smol pixie without so much as a "is this wise?".

*Referring more to the habit some men have of acting like they don't know the birds and bees after finding out someone they've had sex with got pregnant like no one could have predicted that as a possible outcome.

Reactions: 112
FFS, she can’t be in every supermarket all at once, visiting any shop outside Asda Shoeburyness was JUST a SUGGESTION. Just fuck off and stop harassing Jack before you put her in ICU FGS. *Stomps off maraudingly to Celeb Po Po*.

Reactions: 40

Reactions: 15
‘Zombie in aisle one, zombie in aisle one. Can management unlock the emergency copy of Tin Can’t Cook and bring it to security immediately, please.”

Reactions: 45
If Asda in Charlton is anything like our local store they are forever bloody moving things around so it might just be that. Nothing to raise the alarm to the Squiggs Leader about just yet..

Reactions: 36
Without starting any gender and sexuality discussions, I do think she’s just exploiting the latest niche which is men who don’t know any better.

Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.