Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's liked this post, which refers to her as "a disabled person with mental health issues".

View attachment 1561301
As ever it begs the question, what checks have they made on the people criticising Jack to see what their physical and mental health is like and how much push back they're able to handle without it affecting their condition(s)? Or are they just weaponsing disability and bad mental health to defend someone they like. I do know the answer here but I'm just curious as to how they decide who is worthy of compassion and who isn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She didn’t say her friends in ICU are ill, I think her friends in ICU may actually be surgeons working there and are constantly ringing her for advice on the complex procedures they are carrying out
Ooh maybe they're 'boys in scrubs' from Tinder... 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 42
As ever it begs the question, what checks have they made on the people criticising Jack to see what their physical and mental health is like and how much push back they're able to handle without it affecting their condition(s)? Or are they just weaponsing disability and bad mental health to defend someone they like. I do know the answer here but I'm just curious as to how they decide who is worthy of compassion and who isn't.
I often wonder how those who she attacks and are piled on cope. Some, probably most, will be fine. Others will not. You could be forgiven for thinking that only Jacks feelings matter and only her MH is worth protecting.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
There was a post in the last thread about the 90% vegan thing I wanted to reply to, but then the thread was locked - I know I described myself as "80-90% vegan" but i was being sarcastic, comparing myself to Jack. i would never describe myself that way in reality, bc i'm not vegan nor trying to be. i do eat mostly vegetarian, mostly to save money, but please don't think i'm one of those obnoxious people who goes around co-opting labels that don't belong to me🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 64
There was a post in the last thread about the 90% vegan thing I wanted to reply to, but then the thread was locked - I know I described myself as "80-90% vegan" but i was being sarcastic, comparing myself to Jack. i would never describe myself that way in reality, bc i'm not vegan nor trying to be. i do eat mostly vegetarian, mostly to save money, but please don't think i'm one of those obnoxious people who goes around co-opting labels that don't belong to me🫣
Don't worry at about it. There are loads of folk that don't fit the labels, I know people who'll tell a waiter they're vegetarian or vegan because for the purposes of ordering that meal they are, there's really no need to give the waiter a full run down on the times they eat meat, dairy or fish but stick mostly to a veggie or veagn diet. I think where stuff like that becomes problematic is when you get people like Jack jumping on the bandwagon to flog a book and then not only eating meat again but eating the worst low welfare crap out there. Then getting a gig promoting a vegan/veggie food brand that could have gone to about a million far better influencers out there. I've recently abandoned 34 years of vegetarianism to start eating fishos again (sorry lads it's part inexplicable craving, part health thing and part mentioning it to a dietitian are her thinking it was a good idea but emphasising
it's not essential as there other options). Land animals remain safe from Numbers and no bollock sausage shall be passing my lips. I will probably still mark myself down as vegetarian for hospital stays or when dining out because most of the time it's how I eat and it saves getting landed with meat I won't eat in hospital. What I won't be doing is lying about it for money, Jack style.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Apologies if this is way too off-topic but just read this by Kerry Hudson (an actual working class writer): https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...0840/kerry-hudson-opinion-its-never-too-late/

A matter-of-fact laying out of some of the barriers to social mobility for the working classes. Advice and guidance on what is now possible. A message of hope that you don’t need to be defined by former limitations. It touches on so many of the things that Jack writes about (wanting the security of owning a home/ regret over incomplete education) yet is refreshingly different from Jack’s incessant and inauthentic doom-mongering. She could (and should) learn from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Well good grief I am in real time. Granted, I had to skip a thread or two because my life took a real life chaos.

The liver, black pudding, insert random ingredient here and blue cheese lasagna had me hooting. The diseased sausage and prawn whatever-the-duck-it-was made me heave. Send paper bag-os.

as ever, thank you ninnies for keeping me occupied during My Big Infection of 2022.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Just a fresh reminder that Wonky B isn't Jack and never will be.

I am too busy for an aneurysm today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Apologies if this is way too off-topic but just read this by Kerry Hudson (an actual working class writer): https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...0840/kerry-hudson-opinion-its-never-too-late/

A matter-of-fact laying out of some of the barriers to social mobility for the working classes. Advice and guidance on what is now possible. A message of hope that you don’t need to be defined by former limitations. It touches on so many of the things that Jack writes about (wanting the security of owning a home/ regret over incomplete education) yet is refreshingly different from Jack’s incessant and inauthentic doom-mongering. She could (and should) learn from this.
Totally agree with you. Excellent article. This is the kind of hope and help needed, not bleeping blue cheese lasagnas.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

What a lovely article and I really hope she gets everything she's working towards and more. What shines out and you usually find this with people who've faced real barriers in life in a sense of gratitude and willingness to acknowledge the help they've received. When you've had a truly rotten time, you just want things to get better not spend decades revelling in them, she acknowledges the challenges she still faces but is positive about tackling them because she's already made it through worse. It's also a useful article that will give hope to others, she's promoted two useful schemes Upskilled and Housing Options that will be able to help others. Her own story is inspiring and offers encouragement to others. Jack could learn a lot from her but won't because Jack already knows everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
As others have already said there’s a huge outbuilding space, the garage and the sitting room all available for sorting stuff. There’s also space to shift work stuff into her bedroom and on the landing, or use one of the hallways for whatever she calls work (tweeting) It’s beyond nonsense and would indicate SB being barely there, except someone on here said he’s there more than it seems. That could’ve changed though, because for someone so disorganised , she seems able to flit about at the drop of a hat.

The apology to the tweeter about chocolate and diabetes didn’t read like Jack’s words to me and was out of sync with how she was expressing herself.
I thought that apology sounded like something her sponsor or maybe publisher would have written.

• Heart
I did see that this is being debated on the hellhole this morning and thought of you tender one 😂
Wonks is just the ultimate Jack Stan or as she is Scottish I shall say she seems to have a massive stauner for Jack. If it helps people to remember Wonks isn't Jack just repeat the sentence "Wonks has a massive stauner for Jack but Wonks is NOT Jack". I'm also prepared to accept Wonks being referred to as Jack's Stauner as long as the truth of her not literally being Jack is acknowledged. There are Fraus at SEVERE risk of aneurysm here, we must fight this with facts, logic and puerile insults.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Wonks is just the ultimate Jack Stan or as she is Scottish I shall say she seems to have a massive stauner for Jack. If it helps people to remember Wonks isn't Jack just repeat the sentence "Wonks has a massive stauner for Jack but Wonks is NOT Jack". I'm also prepared to accept Wonks being referred to as Jack's Stauner as long as the truth of her not literally being Jack is acknowledged. There are Fraus at SEVERE risk of aneurysm here, we must fight this with facts, logic and puerile insults.
Poor wonky is thoroughly enjoying the mistaken assumption that she is Jack And the attention it brings. A quick glimpse at her timeline shows she is nothing more than a slightly demented fan who patrols Jacks mentions almost as assiduously as her heroine

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Honestly, I think her furious reaction to the non-existent tweets criticising the room makeover was directed as someone in meatspace. I was thinking about the timing of the big reveal last night (because I am still confused) and realising how appalling it was to post it the night before he goes back to school. Just in case his first day back isn't already nervewracking enough, she had to show the world (including his classmates and teachers) that he's sleeping in a room with a giant teddy bear and some lube on the bedside table. I think one of SB's extended family, or his dad, objected to it.
I suspect that a lot of recent chaos has been directed at people who are actually close to Jack, and possibly connected to the 'oldest friend' with whom Jack is softly, gently falling in love.

• Sad
  • Wow
What a lovely article and I really hope she gets everything she's working towards and more. What shines out and you usually find this with people who've faced real barriers in life in a sense of gratitude and willingness to acknowledge the help they've received. When you've had a truly rotten time, you just want things to get better not spend decades revelling in them, she acknowledges the challenges she still faces but is positive about tackling them because she's already made it through worse. It's also a useful article that will give hope to others, she's promoted two useful schemes Upskilled and Housing Options that will be able to help others. Her own story is inspiring and offers encouragement to others. Jack could learn a lot from her but won't because Jack already knows everything.
Laughed like a drain at Kerry Hudson getting columns in the Guardian, as she is so absolutely everything that Jack pretends to be but is not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.