Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
This has incensed me, for some reason. I think it’s the bang average, lazy activism we’re seeing again from La Monroe.

Rather than doing anything positive with her platform to amplify minority voices, she chooses to start social media beef and engage in unedifying bun-fighting.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It's funny though, for all her protestations on class & wealth, she really stays away from any discourse on landlords & their part to play in driving up rents / exploiting people living in poverty / providing unacceptable housing... I assume she's set to inherit those properties at some point and become a cog in the oppressive regime herself?

• Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I'm still aghast that she, an author, is taking potshots at the publishing industry, mostly founded on some pretty spurious allegations she's made after (as she's openly admitted) flicking through one of his seven books.

It's like angling for a job at the BBC but calling for an end to the licence fee in the same breath.

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
She is an absolute embarrassment. The shit storm she would cause if someone tore her “extensive body of work” to pieces but hid behind calling her J*ck M*nroe. Not to mention the lawsuit she would bring to anyone who insinuated she took coke as she did last night about David Walliams. She came on here threatening her lawyers because someone thought she had bought the likes/viewers on one of her Hellman’s videos yet she thinks she can say DW does drugs and doesn’t write his own books. She can’t see past her own double standards. What she wants is to be able to say whatever she likes about anyone but not the other way round. She can’t take criticism at all but she dishes it out.

• Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Guys..I'm scared. Something about this seems truly deranged. I also agree with those of you who have pointed it out, would be very surprised if DW replied. He's recently apologised publicly for the Little Britain stuff, I'm not sure Z list celeb Jack Monroe from a few eps of Daily Kitchen is gonna single handedly wring another apology out of him for his books

• Sad

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Oh god! I wonder what her latest excuse for this ‘Oops, I did a chaos’ episode will be? She’d better not blame it on her (alleged) autism or ADHD. If the shit hits the fan and Walliams decides to sue, that excuse won’t wash in a court of law.She seems determined to ruin the little career that she has at the moment.
I can safely say that my ADD (admittedly, missing the H, dunno if that's important?) has never prompted me to accuse a major figure in my industry of drug use and/or plagiarism.

• Haha
  • Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
*shrugs* “Poking fun”
Oh so the source of all the things SB has been saying that isn’t ‘how you raised him’ is a book? He’s ten years old - at that age they are not just a product of their parents they’re influenced by friends, school, tv, films, the internet, his other family members?! My daughter says lots of things that don’t reflect how I’ve raised her and that’s because she’s a fully formed human being! Once again showing everything in Jack’s life she sees as an extension of herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I think possibly something we are discounting (and I hold myself responsible here as I was the one who brought up the RSPCA) is that Jack has taken the kitten to the vets and is purposely being vague to fuel discussion and concern, until someone caves and reports it and she gets to explode in outrage all over her socials to perpetuate the victim of trolls narrative.

I let my concern for a small animal get in the way of my knowledge that Jack is a vile, manipulative person who will do absolutely anything for attention and that includes exploiting peoples' worst fears.

I think this is likely, the behaviour fits in with her usual gaslighting techniques

It would be so easy for her to Tweet that she’d taken the kitten to the vet but she won’t because she has to manipulate people, control the narrative and of course set the situation up so she can play the victim

She will be claiming that she’s been reported to the RSPCA even if she hasn’t. She’s a fantasist - we already know this is not beyond her

Also I’m shocked that Jack, who genuinely has arthritis (afaik?), is adopting this attitude toward the kitten
Her idea of physiotherapy just reeks of “have you tried NOT being disabled?”

• Heart

Limetree

Jack would NEVER take the opportunity to hustle!! NEVER!! The very actual fucking idea!!!

(Guys, tip jar is on the counter, ta)

• Haha
  • Heart

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
FFS she boils my piss!! My not very into reading son loves the DW books, so I totally encourage it. He’s 10, so he can read for escapism and I’ll talk to him about social issues and current affairs. There’s something more behind this, she’s gone full guns blazing into DW, who is a big name. I reckon it’s purely for attention as I imagine DW has a large loyal following.

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Yes! Demonic is exactly it.

She's really frightening. The energy she gives off makes me feel so uncomfortable.
Same, like I discussed the other day I find something incredibly sinister about her.

If any of us ever feel sympathy for her again and feel bad, or think there may be a good person in there somewhere - stop and remember this. It's not just what she's doing, but look at the way she's revelling in being so nasty. She thrives on it, it's clearly giving her a huge high to take someone down. Her joy in the spite and wickedness is palpable.

She really is unsettling to say the least, reading her words and replies to people makes me feel all kinds of discomfort. I would not want to be in the same room as this woman, some serious bad JuJu there fraus.

ETA - pressed reply before I'd finished! In short, she's a horrible cow, ugly ugly person (and obviously I'm referring to her on the inside).

Also @MancBee @Harrybosch love to you guys ❤

Right, back to homeschooling!

• Heart

Sausage Grand Station

Holy crap on a cracker.
I made it! I should be asleep but I couldn’t look away.
What is she doing!? For the love of matt tebbut, jacks ‘friends’ if you’re still reading can you not just tell her to

• Haha