Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Thing is, if it matters that much to you, you’d fucking vet the kid’s books before they came into the house.

I care quite a bit about what I think my kids should be reading so I do make a concerted effort to choose books that are first of all brilliant stories but also with a diverse selection of lead characters. There are plenty of fantastic children’s books and graphic novels out there. Why doesn’t she reserve some from the library? You know what else? Most libraries have the Bolinda app, so you can borrow e-books and audio books for free onto your devices! FREE, Jack! For free!

Reactions: 49

Spanner

Chatty Member
She has a very inflated sense of her own importance doesn’t she?

I can imagine the conversation between DW and his team this morning.
“Just one more thing before you go, I’m not sure if you remember umm (checks notes) Jack Monroe? She did a poverty cookbook? Said she was trans? Was running for Parliament? Recovering alcoholic? Took Katie Hopkins to court? Yes! That’s the one! Well she’s trying to cancel you on Twitter. Any action or ignore?”

• Haha
Reactions: 48

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Dear God, I can't believe this is happening. She is burning down her career live on Twitter. I feel sick.

• Haha
  • Sad

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
It's a cabal, Jack, not a coven... and I see she's still refusing to accept anyone other than us could take issue with her antics.

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 13.52.47.png

• Haha
  • Wow
It's weird that DW's books are unacceptable to her but it's perfectly acceptable for the Goves to have a book denying the holocaust on their bookshelf whilst making national TV appearances? She actively defended them on that one.

edit: sorry in finding a source for this it appears the book was written by a holocaust denier but wasn't explicitly about holocaust denial, it was in favour of eugenics (as that's so much better lol) & the other on white supremacy.

• Wow
Reactions: 47

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Oh dear, oh dear. She’d better open up her bureau, spritz some perfume on some paper, dip her quill in some ink and get a start on one of her patented apology letters. Of all the people to go after! He’s problematic, for sure, but he gets kids to read and the boy in the dress’ tv adaptation made this cynic cry.

I hope he goes for her, fucking hypocrite. #befuckingkind

• Haha
  • Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I am sorry this is stating the obvious but she is just such a colossal bellend 😂 This whole thing has really pissed me off.

• Haha
  • Heart

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I know some people use it as part of their vocabulary but I generally find these people to be quite frustrated and generally angry.

Nothing to add other than the Sharks with the anti-hair wrap technology are simply astonishing. We put one in our holiday let, which I nicked at the start of lockdown, and it's knocked socks off my Miele Cat & Dog. Going to have to wait for the sales and buy another.
I ordered one from the Shark website yesterday, they're £100 off at the moment. Get spending!!
Reading her tweets from last nights I noticed she mentioned again about being working class.
Being on benefits for a while doesn't make you working class. It's absolutely pathetic and I also find it quite offensive how she hops from her privileged white middle class woman space in and out of the spaces of working class, non binary, persecuted refugee, etc and then shouts about how rough it is. These are not your spaces Jack, you can't keep doing this.

• Haha
  • Heart

Starsanddaggers

Chatty Member
What hits me is that Jack is not innocent to judgement
She thinks "poor people's" diet needs cultivating to "upper class" trends and standards. We can see this in how she makes fashionable food ideas "affordable for poor people"
Maybe people who are living on less are fine with beans on toast. Chicken and chips. Soup out of a tin. And jacket potatoes

I haven't worded this well but does anyone get where I'm coming from?

Lower income people don't need fixing to be like richer people.

• Heart