Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen it happen. And been told there wasn't any money to give me a payrise or pay me for my contracted and payable overtime by the same people that signed off on it.

When we had mass redundancies (getting rid of the older staff), because big flashy shows were something the head liked, they spent £1500 on a starcloth for the stage when there were already perfectly serviceable blacks and flats. And then £1800 on renting a backdrop for the show. Plus the professional lighting crew (£7000). And the professional musicians (very much against the terms of the show licence, by the way). and the £2 grand license plus 10% of the takings. And the staging rental. And costume hire.

Couldn't afford new textbooks or to repair the roof, toilets, heating...

I suspect that private schools are the most likely to book big names, however. They do have oodles of cash (my sister worked for one).
The other factor is sometimes, people ask for silly money because they don’t want to do the gig. Rather than say no, just ask for insane amounts. I suspect DW along with JKR could fill their entire year with school visits. He probably allocates x days for publicity including schools - after those are filled, its his standard corporate rate. And if people are stupid enough to pay it.

At the other end, I also have an issue with expecting authors to work for free - school events take time. Done properly, an author will prepare the event and use at least a half day including travel. Often, the event won’t instantly result in sales. Most authors do not earn enough to live off including most children's authors. It simply means that more privileged people can afford to do the working for free bit and exclude authors who have to work to pay the bills.

Reactions: 31
View attachment 173386

By just skimming you miss context, narrative arc, character development; hubris, redemption arc...

@Silver Linings my theory is she uses the iPhone when she’s having a piss, just keeps it in there next to the bog in case she misses out

@Oxford_Girl thanks for the horse thingy recommendation I’ve ordered some, am having a visible (not like Jack’s) loss of hair again and it’s getting me down
Feel free to disregard if non applicable to you, but I have been having some success concentrating on extra iron and folate supplementation as well as a multivitamin and probiotic. I'm going to get some biotin also this week I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh dear..I hate to point out the obvious but she has not expressed an opinion.View attachment 173395
Exactly - she has hardly critiqued his 'work'. She has accused him of drug taking, not writing his books and being a racist.
I'm almost excited to see what tomorrow brings. My money is on a massive blaming session of her MH, trolls, people misinterpreting her inoffensive tweets. And also deafening silence from her last few blue tick stalwarts.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
There’s no explanation for the Henry Hoover GIF. It’s very clear what it meant. Which is why she deleted it. Probably after simultaneously reading Tattle and ranting on Twitter. A phone in each hand.

Reactions: 30
Feel free to disregard if non applicable to you, but I have been having some success concentrating on extra iron and folate supplementation as well as a multivitamin and probiotic. I'm going to get some biotin also this week I think.
thank you, I’m terrible for taking supplements I buy them then they’re in that cupboard in the kitchen you know the one, the one all our mums had too

There’s no explanation for the Henry Hoover GIF. It’s very clear what it meant. Which is why she deleted it. Probably after simultaneously reading Tattle and ranting on Twitter. A phone in each hand.
a dedicated Grunkling phone you mean

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I honestly can’t believe how bad it is to out n out call someone a cokehead with absolutely no evidence for it 😳 There was just no need for it either, she was gleeful about it joking about oops this is my main account not my alt?!

Considering her own court case set a precedent for what can / can’t be tweeted in this country you’d think she’d know better!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I only popped on here before bed after watching a film this evening. Spotted 27 pages on the new thread and thought...

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She said that David Walliams calls himself that for lolz. He changed it because there was an Equity member with the name David Williams. A look at wiki would have told her that.

Reactions: 19
she even found time in her busy schedule tonight to post about the kitten on insta. It's just a normal looking pic of the kitten sat on her bed and now it's not tired.

Reactions: 9
Lovely of him to stay silent when she tore him apart on Twitter and stole her life’s work :rolleyes:
Obvs don’t care for the feelings or fears of predators, but I worry about victims disclosing to her (if they are) in her DMs. She doesn’t know when she’s out of her depth, she won’t admit to not being able to do a good job at something and I worry she’ll whip up a fury and then let these women / men down.

She should be signposting them to the relevant organisations to help them - whether it’s help in their recovery or help press charges - not using it as yet another personal branding activity to plaster all over socials.

Maybe her second book of political analysis can be a compilation of survivor’s testimonies that she monetises 🤮
Exactly, this isn't okay for either her or them. It's just a constant race to the bottom all the time, no real help, support, or strategising/finding and using tools to help other people. For example a platform like that could be used wonderfully for disability advocacy/accessibility/research, making the most of everything you have? So many 24/7 wasted opportunities.

Reactions: 15
She said that David Walliams calls himself that for lolz. He changed it because there was an Equity member with the name David Williams. A look at wiki would have told her that.
Yes and I think he wanted to retain most of the family name hence only one letter change. But only Jack is allowed to change her name for any meaningful reason.

Reactions: 26
She tweeted that a while after. Probably after Googling and trying to backpeddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
thank you, I’m terrible for taking supplements I buy them then they’re in that cupboard in the kitchen you know the one, the one all our mums had too

a dedicated Grunkling phone you mean
Yeah I hate doing it, Better you have started doing all of the things i need in sublingual sprays so I have got a full set and this means everything gets taken for now . The fish oil not so much but I'm working on it :LOL: make everything as easy as possible for yourself <3

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I predict a mass tweet n delete spree, more cat selfies in the be kind hoodie, and more Brene Brown quotes in the very near future. Fingers crossed lots and lot and LOTS of her followers saw this latest rampage and put two and two together for themselves.

Reactions: 26
Also... this list...

Completely understand there’s a myriad of reasons women don’t report their abuse / abusers, completely empathise and this in no way commentary on them and their very challenging situation.

Not only can I not reconcile the meek posh girl we see & her lost Kray sibling online PR, I can’t reconcile her saying times up / coming for you / will bring a witness.... and absolutely no action? If you’re gonna do it, do it. If you’re in a position of safety where you can safely come forward and name & shame your abuser then PLEASE do because so many women stand to benefit from that??? What she’s doing now is odd, like yeah I’m ready to start tit but... I won’t?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.