Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Edward Cullen is a creepy psycho. Didn't he break in to whstsherfaces bedroom to watch her sleep.
like it was a romantic thing to do and not stalking 101.
Yeah, I know. But he’s glittery. Listen, reading those books got me through loooooong nights of breastfeeding, that’s my one and only excuse 😂😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve just noticed she’s back on the iPhone. I’m going to get obsessed with this.
This is so patronising and weird

OMG wheres the screenshot! not you Silver Linings!

OMG wheres the screenshot! not you Silver Linings!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know twitter has like a zillion people on it but they should seriously have like sensor, so they can shut stuff down when it gets this awkward!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not read the full thread yet (still grunka-ing my way through!) - but a 'morally sound children's book' doesn't exist. It's impossible to write! Pollyanna was meant to be morally sound and it's not. The Elsie Dinsmore books were thought by the author to be morally sound and they aren't. Something written to be perfectly PC for now will be sexist, classist, racist etc in 10 years time (just look at HP).

And the problem with those Victorian era books of goody-goody perfect children is that ultimately that's not what children wanted to read. They wanted to read about children like themselves who made mistakes, were sometimes rude or naughty etc etc. I haven't read Walliams books, they may be disappointingly problematic given that they don't have the excuse of time that Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl have. But pretty much every book her kid picks up off the shelf is going to be problematic in some ways. The key is a nuanced discussion about it with your kid.
I agree with this, though I still think Jacqueline Wilson is an absolute angel who writes about difficult subjects and flawed characters in a believable way

But I did realise recently that even one of her books does require a nuanced discussion 🤯

I’m also aware that SB isn’t her demographic 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Ummm....

July 5th. According to my Old Moore's Almanac (I get it each year because my Granddad did, just because I like to do things that remind me of him), it's a full moon tonight.

The last full moon was June 5th. Which was the BLM meltdown.

One before that, 7th May. Sheds and things. And hair a day or so later.

One before that, 7th April.

So she IS a Moon Howler!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Haha sorry I have no idea what happened there, I was going to m
I agree with this, though I still think Jacqueline Wilson is an absolute angel who writes about difficult subjects and flawed characters in a believable way

But I did realise recently that even one of her books does require a nuanced discussion 🤯

I’m also aware that SB isn’t her demographic 😂
Which one do you mean @chocolate choux ? I was v into her as a kid

Reactions: 5
View attachment 173321
she’s just retweeted the cat video. All aboard the backtrack express. Choo choo.
So he’s “THAT ONE” now is he. To distinguish from “THAT MAN”.
Jack - you don’t even know if this is correct. Consider this seriously for a moment: what if it isn’t, and you have blathered this all over Twitter. Along with the ghostwriter allegations.
Deleting everything just won’t cut it. It’s out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Blegh. I just don't agree with making *threats* about *lists* when it comes to serious allegations like this that just happen to be making headlines right now. If you had something that really did need to be reported Jack, then please go and report it. It's honestly head in the hands type of tit tonight, folks.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Which one do you mean @chocolate choux ? I was v into her as a kid
Love Lessons
Looking back the relationship between the girl and her teacher is so gross, the girl ends up being blamed and it’s not written in a way to suggest that this is wrong. I think it was a massive misjudgment on JW’s part. I read it aged 11 and understood it to be a love story, on reflection it’s about an adult in a position of authority preying on and abusing a vulnerable underage girl. Literally the only book of hers I’ve found fault with though

Reactions: 17
Time to stop Glurking...

Oh dear, oh dear.

'I’m not asleep yet because my DMs are on FIRE. My inner investigative journalist lioness has been sleeping far too long, it’s just woken up and it’s hungry.
1f60c.png
#TimesUp"

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.