Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack is right about one thing, parents should monitor what their kids read. They should also tell their children about make believe and how not everything you read about is actually now you should behave.

I mean come on Harry potter, little wizard kid, ( not real) vercua salt: spoilt brat( how not to behave) Edward Cullen: vampire ( not real) Cinderella's: princess ( fairy tale, make believe) she should be discussing his books with him not moaning on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

She does this every full moon? Got another ‘condition’ you’d like to tell us about mate?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Publicly posting on Twitter without tagging him is not akin to having a private conversation about someone. Her apparent belief that it is may be a product of internet addiction. Her perception of reality is skewed

What she is doing is bellowing into a loudspeaker and hoping DW / his colleagues and followers don’t hear even though they could be nearby

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack is right about one thing, parents should monitor what their kids read. They should also tell their children about make believe and how not everything you read about is actually now you should behave.

I mean come on Harry potter, little wizard kid, ( not real) vercua salt: spoilt brat( how not to behave) Edward Cullen: vampire ( not real) Cinderella's: princess ( fairy tale, make believe) she should be discussing his books with him not moaning on twitter.
You leave Edward Cullen outta this!!
😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
414437CE-5D46-4B1C-ACF3-051C7500271A.jpeg

She’s talking about a disgraced comedian perv and I’m not doubting what she says for a second but interesting time to bring it up, no?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Publicly posting on Twitter without tagging him is not akin to having a private conversation about someone. Her apparent belief that it is may be a product of internet addiction. Her perception of reality is skewed

What she is doing is bellowing into a loudspeaker and hoping DW / his colleagues and followers don’t hear even though they could be nearby
Like when you arrange a fight at school for after lessons in front of your mates and then go home at lunchtime with a ‘tummy ache’.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This is what makes it all the sadder. He was probably quite excited to tell his mum about the book he’s read, and she’s co-opted it as an opportunity to grandstand. For two hours.
We are halfway through the bloody thread!

She's saying she thinks it's a parent's responsibility to monitor content. So if the child's Dad did get him the book, this is a double dig at him. I hope not, that makes me sad if he's bought the kid a book he obviously really wanted and Jack has turned it into her latest Twitter tit storm.
If she thought this then she should have read the first book that he ended up with and discussed it privately with his other parent.

This is another example of her disregard for responsibility.
If reading material is a stressor for some reason it's on her to manage what comes into the household.
Not suddenly pounce on it for some reason when these books have clearly been an enduring interest.
It's so cruel to do this, I have a parent who behaved this way. I'm finding this quite triggering tbh and i really hope the sadness I feel around how this may have been handled is unwarranted.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Not read the full thread yet (still grunka-ing my way through!) - but a 'morally sound children's book' doesn't exist. It's impossible to write! Pollyanna was meant to be morally sound and it's not. The Elsie Dinsmore books were thought by the author to be morally sound and they aren't. Something written to be perfectly PC for now will be sexist, classist, racist etc in 10 years time (just look at HP).

And the problem with those Victorian era books of goody-goody perfect children is that ultimately that's not what children wanted to read. They wanted to read about children like themselves who made mistakes, were sometimes rude or naughty etc etc. I haven't read Walliams books, they may be disappointingly problematic given that they don't have the excuse of time that Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl have. But pretty much every book her kid picks up off the shelf is going to be problematic in some ways. The key is a nuanced discussion about it with your kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
4AA5B80F-BBD7-41F1-8F40-284A736260B1.jpeg

If these people have assaulted her, go for it. The problem is that she misleads about so much that she’ll end up doing more harm than good.

Just go to bed, Jack.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Holy crap on a cracker.
I made it! I should be asleep but I couldn’t look away.
What is she doing!? For the love of matt tebbut, jacks ‘friends’ if you’re still reading can you not just tell her to

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.