Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t think you needed to roast garlic according to Jack, you just stick it in the microwave. Remember Matt’s face when she made that suggestion 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
This is all about trying to be Nigella isn’t it. She’s furious about a comment made years ago about a branding decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m supposed to be going to bed. I’m not a fan of Walliams though I haven’t even read his books, but this has potential to turn into a tit show.
I thought the pages she took a photo of would be what young boys find funny?
haven’t read the rest so no idea if it is racist as she says but it’s a bold claim and could leave her open to libel claims.

Reactions: 22
Schools couldn’t afford £2500, it’s not true. No school has that amount of spare money to dish out to celebs. I’ve worked in education for 25 years and schools are the poorest they’ve ever been. Complete tosh from some one of her sycophantic followers, trying to suck up to Jack!

I've seen it happen. And been told there wasn't any money to give me a payrise or pay me for my contracted and payable overtime by the same people that signed off on it.

When we had mass redundancies (getting rid of the older staff), because big flashy shows were something the head liked, they spent £1500 on a starcloth for the stage when there were already perfectly serviceable blacks and flats. And then £1800 on renting a backdrop for the show. Plus the professional lighting crew (£7000). And the professional musicians (very much against the terms of the show licence, by the way). and the £2 grand license plus 10% of the takings. And the staging rental. And costume hire.

Couldn't afford new textbooks or to repair the roof, toilets, heating...

I suspect that private schools are the most likely to book big names, however. They do have oodles of cash (my sister worked for one).

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Okay so looking at her Twitter, Walliam’s books do seem questionable... but I’m also struck by the fact she seems to care more about the black woman character (a figment of a white man’s imagination) than she seemed to care about real black people during BLM 🤔

Reactions: 43
It would be hilarious if he did to her what she did to KH i.e. delete the tweet and donate £5k to a drug charity and I won't sue

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
(this doesn't really matter but...) she says Quentin Blake didn't illustrate his books. He did, the early ones definitely.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She’ll start on Roald Dahl next. If we’re honest, there’s a minefield there (plus DW’s inspiration I’m sure 😂)
Just catching up here but Roald Dahl came to mind when Jack started getting offended - I absolutely loved his books when I was younger. It’a only since I’ve started reading them with my child that I’ve realised how much questionable content is in there. Luckily he can’t read yet so I skim over those bits 😂

Reactions: 22
So the one who tweeted Jack to say that she categorically knows that his books aren’t ghost written is connected to Carole the award winning editor who Jack was praising for fingering the spines of books and setting aflame literature (or summat)....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She's now tit her pants and ran for a bath. Didn't want to tag him until it was discussed properly but just had extreme Tweetoreah. Wow. I'm truly impressed and exhausted. That was a Jacknado if ever I saw one.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.