Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
What hits me is that Jack is not innocent to judgement
She thinks "poor people's" diet needs cultivating to "upper class" trends and standards. We can see this in how she makes fashionable food ideas "affordable for poor people"
Maybe people who are living on less are fine with beans on toast. Chicken and chips. Soup out of a tin. And jacket potatoes

I haven't worded this well but does anyone get where I'm coming from?

Lower income people don't need fixing to be like richer people.
Also she has a very white british lane which shows.

I’m second gen Irish and growing up we ate a mix but yeah lots of beige 😂 All of my Turkish / Ghanaian / etc friends ate entirely differently to us, their mums were obviously cooking meals from their heritage and often it was in bulk prepped for the week, and always from “world” food centres (dunno what you call them but you know like Turkish food centre or lithuenica etc) and the market. The way urban & immigrant families will cook on a budget is so different to her schtick, and if she was genuinely interested in the betterment of poor British children she’d open up her platform to include these well versed voices who can offer amazing advice, but she’s just after her next book deal. I don’t know anyone that would cook the disgusting shit she does tbqh 😬

Edit: @MancBee sending you lots of love, incredibly brave of you to have come forward about your experiences and I’m glad he’s inside what a piece of shit x

• Heart
Reactions: 42

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Blegh. I just don't agree with making *threats* about *lists* when it comes to serious allegations like this that just happen to be making headlines right now. If you had something that really did need to be reported Jack, then please go and report it. It's honestly head in the hands type of shit tonight, folks.

• Heart
  • Haha

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
What a vile, vindictive, bitter bully of a woman she is. Absolutely foul.

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself, Jack.

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I’d love to know which school was even able to bung £25,000 to DW, if that ever happened of course , seeing as our state schools are on their knees financially.
I can't stand DW but I refuse to believe he charges for school visits. My kid's school has regular author visits. They have no money and have never asked for parents' contributions. If true, this would have been in the press by now, because millionaire charging poor kids is a story.

Reactions: 41

Lornadoom

Long time lurker here. I just wanted to say it is exhausting to keep up with this car crash. Just as well I am wfh.

• Haha

panda_eyes

VIP Member
She just has to keep reminding people constantly that she lived in poverty. I'm a bit tired and can't think anymore than that right now but this must be some kind of weird attention seeking going on as well as suspected narcissism.View attachment 173095
SURELY it says more about the character's personality rather than Walliams? GUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Now ... what could she possibly mean by ‘thread’?
View attachment 173099

Get out of our world, Jack!!
SHE'S ALL UP IN OUR NICHE AND I SHAN'T HAVE THAT

SHAN'T

• Haha
  • Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
She's breaching copyright, someone needs to tag the publishers and DW.
No, showing a small extract for review is not breaching copyright. She's still a dick though.

Also, David William's books are problematic and lazy in my humble opinion, but none of the examples she quoted are really the problem, AND, more importantly, BE KIND!!!!! KINDNESS MATTERS. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COMMENT. SCROLL ON. Etc., Etc.

• Heart
Her lawyer from her libel case is definitely not cheap and I doubt he does much pro bono work for celebs https://www.patronlaw.co.uk/mark-lewis-joins-patron-law/ - I assume it’s the same lawyer as he now lives in Israel. It’s not really the norm for people on living wage to have access to top libel lawyers is it?

I knew one of his colleagues in the phone hacking case - her rate started at £600 per hour & expenses. Please note the ‘started’

• Wow
  • Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Publicly posting on Twitter without tagging him is not akin to having a private conversation about someone. Her apparent belief that it is may be a product of internet addiction. Her perception of reality is skewed

What she is doing is bellowing into a loudspeaker and hoping DW / his colleagues and followers don’t hear even though they could be nearby
Like when you arrange a fight at school for after lessons in front of your mates and then go home at lunchtime with a ‘tummy ache’.

• Haha
Not read the full thread yet (still grunka-ing my way through!) - but a 'morally sound children's book' doesn't exist. It's impossible to write! Pollyanna was meant to be morally sound and it's not. The Elsie Dinsmore books were thought by the author to be morally sound and they aren't. Something written to be perfectly PC for now will be sexist, classist, racist etc in 10 years time (just look at HP).

And the problem with those Victorian era books of goody-goody perfect children is that ultimately that's not what children wanted to read. They wanted to read about children like themselves who made mistakes, were sometimes rude or naughty etc etc. I haven't read Walliams books, they may be disappointingly problematic given that they don't have the excuse of time that Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl have. But pretty much every book her kid picks up off the shelf is going to be problematic in some ways. The key is a nuanced discussion about it with your kid.

• Heart
I didn’t think I could be surprised by JM, but I was very wrong. IMO she has really illustrated her slack approach to parenting.
An engaged parent would have read with her child and been aware of the books the child had read. I don’t like Walliams books, I think they are simplistic and badly written. But, they engage boys, which is difficult. As a teacher I would prefer a child to read Walliams rather than not read at all.
As other people have said, you should discuss a book with a child and present different ideas.
The “be kind” mantra coming from JM is a load of shit. She has no idea what it means, unless it’s directed at her as a get out clause. I hope she gets what she deserves.

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
So, projects she’s ‘on’ -

Meal ideas for £15
Kids books

Things to keep our eyes peeled for -

Sideboard pics reason
Article about trollllzz
Book she’s stitched together behind the scenes feat. BAME authors.

more?
Don’t forget recipes for ouchy mouths

• Haha
  • Sick
omg I'm stuck on page 9 and so excited for what the future holds - I only went out for a lil drive who'd have known I'd miss all this!! But:

🚨🚨🚨🚨 FRAUS GET UR COURT OUTFITS DRY CLEANED & FRESHLY PRESSED🚨🚨🚨🚨

Looks like we have a beautiful little legal drama to watch unfold! Cannot wait! x

• Haha
  • Heart