Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to skip most of the last thread, I didn't have the energy (spoons) I feel like I'm letting the side down.

Wtf was the sexy kitten video? Like wtaf?

She's getting creepier and creepier.

Have I missed anything exciting? Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it that newsworthy? She’s always going on about the tabloids being after her but they don’t actually seem to give a tit

Still, more likely to be picked up than her apparently plentiful nudes
The ones that write the online articles report on much less than this!

Reactions: 14
I wonder if she will call out JK Rowling for the similar troublesome characters in HP?

Dudley Dursley, fat shamed and ridiculed for being stupid.

Lucius Malfoy, sneers at poor people.

Draco Malfoy, hates "half bloods"

(The list could be huge really because, well a series of books about fictional characters)

How bleeping boring does she want fiction to be?
Well her cook books are boring and the comments of how lovely the recipes are whiff of fiction 😅 perhaps everyone should just write tit cook books like her

Reactions: 21
Why does she do this? It's like something builds up inside her (frustration and anger from reading our Tattle threads?) and she needs an outlet - and today it is David Walliams. She's a very vicious, nasty individual, full of spite.
Basically the characters from Roald Dahls the Twitts 😂

Reactions: 22
I’ve not had much to do with DW’s books myself, but kids’ literature having problematic characters is surely useful for teaching them messages in a subtle way. When I was little and reading all the Enid Blyton books (my god, I loved her), my mum made sure to point out the ideas, attitudes or characters that were definitely not appropriate and we talked about how general views change and develop over time. It was super educational for little me.

DW has done fantastic work with The Boy in the Dress, and as so many of you have already said, anything that gets kids reading (particularly boys) is to be applauded IMO.

Besides, people are going to be dickheads and have awful views, unfortunately. It might be a good thing to come across unsavoury ideas in fiction form first, so that you can discuss the issues at hand. I just really take issue with the idea of condemning/blacklisting books.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Don't forget she'd tell them how nervous she was and they'd all have to say "oh Jack, you're doing such a great job! Don't worry hun!"
I don't want to imagine her world where Jack Monroe turns her back on a room full of assembled kids for 5 minutes to silently cook spaghetti, then expects praise for doing so

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.