Jack Monroe #388 Even @3ssex Police are laughing at her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG "floral Etsy face mask" 😂 that was a strange time in our lives, wasn't it?!
I’ve been interviewing women who sewed scrubs and face masks for HCPs and charities as part of an oral history project. Getting them to go back a couple of years and talk about that time was really weird, it felt both very recent and really long ago.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Are they following each other? We need a forensic Frau to check. If they are, this is probably fake news.

“It’s my job”. I’ll email everyone at work tomorrow with random unsolicited pictures of my 13 y/o child’s bedroom, see what reaction it gets 🤣.

they do follow each other on twitter

Reactions: 15
Clearly trying to act like Ar Di as she's also a controversial figure who loves helping the poor <3 (sarcasm, Diana at least had style!!)
It's a fail. I was just chatting to Diana on the old ouijaboard and she gave me permission to share the following message.

"Get my sheep jumper off your smelly tits, Monroe because this ain't it. SH1TTER. #Justice4Iqbal #FrauinHeaven 🦉 🍾 ⚰ "

Sorry Jack but Diana just doesn't like you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Does she see a therapist? She really should. I just tried to read one of her articles about Tories being patronising about shopping = bad, Jack being patronising about shopping = hero of the people and it was just a poor me drone fest. No-one made her have a baby at 21, no-one made her give up her job and stay in an uncarpeted, unheated, empty home with her toddler (she has family), no-one made her go out with all these people and race to move in/get engaged then have to move out again because it didn’t work out, no-one made her set up Patreon and whatever else she earns money from, no-one is making her stay in the public eye. Part of being a grown up is taking responsibility for yourself not playing the poor me game about everything. Especially not what when you’re a parent. She needs to grow up.
Plus as most have already mentioned, she had wealthy and *supportive* parents who would have happily looked after her and the kid, helped her get work and given her advice and love when she was in difficult circumstances. A lot of single mothers in that situation would have none of that, and would end up living through genuine poverty without anything to fall back on. I just can't be bothered with idiotic privileged people who put themselves through a parody of the real suffering people go through every day, just to be more 'real' (gag)... or in Jack's case, adolescent stubbornness. It's like her 'poverty period' was a phase for her; a belated teenage rebellion to show her parents she didn't need them??

It's not just Jack, it's practically a part of the culture in some circles now. It's like barely anybody who campaigns to end poverty has actually experienced it, and the people with the power to create change refuse to acknowledge real oppression and inequality. Unless it's going to get them money or a new slot on a show, obviously. In a recession with even high earners starting to feel the bite of inflation, do we really need more rich people swanning about, acting like they know how the majority feel??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Woah, the flying monkeys must be back from their holiday homes! They are out in force today!
I’m intrigued by the Louisa thing! She didn’t ‘like’ Jack’s reply to her butt tweet and now Jack is trying to use her as a character reference! 😂

Reactions: 38
It's a fail. I was just chatting to Diana on the old ouijaboard and she gave me permission to share the following message.

"Get my sheep jumper off your smelly tits, Monroe because this ain't it. SH1TTER. #Justice4Iqbal #FrauinHeaven 🦉 🍾 ⚰ "

Ahhhh she really was the queen of hearts

1bdd83de9d4cc6c74bc906bc339fd5f3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Jack Monroe - Queen of False Starts

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Jack in the sheep jumper just looks like everyone I knew in the mid 80s mum dressed up to run the bottle stall at the school Christmas fair. Even the hair is on point.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
No, there was no abuse of the Trussell Trust or any other charity. What did happen is that people contacted the TT to raise concerns about the fundraiser, specifically around transparency and the T-shirt designs used. I have seen no evidence to suggest these were anything other than politely raised concerns and were met with perfectly polite responses from the TT who of course distanced themselves from the tacky, obnoxious, low quality designs and explained they were in regular contact with Jacks agent to ensure she handed over the money. The TT part ended quite well, they got paid and were able to make clear that Jack had done this campaign off her own back so they didn't suffer any reputational damage as the result of Jacks ill thought out actions. Jack is such a poisonous and stupid narc that she experiences any form of disagreement or criticism as abuse, as with most things this says more about Jack than it does about reality.
A charity should never be put in this position tbh....

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The first thing in the lawyer's Twitter bio is reputation management. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wanted to distance himself as much as possible from what Jack is doing to her reputation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack liked her tweet the other day which i did think was a bit bizarre. Perhaps Jack is transitioning to conservatism.
Tbf JHB's response reads more 'don't involve me in this stupid drama pls thank(space)you xoxo' rather than 'what did you just say about my new bestie??'

• Haha
Reactions: 21
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.