Jack Monroe #385 Just admit you're full of loathing and misdirected ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: her last tweet about the M&S deals going up in price/her imaginary VBI, can any Essex fraus confirm whether “that’ll learn me” (as opposed to “that’ll teach me”) is typical vernacular in your neck of the woods, or whether she is adopting that of another, poorer part of the country to seem, well, poorer?

Reactions: 32
That tweet about SB has made me really sad. He's TWELVE ffs!
I also can't bear to think about the Dino biscuit incident. Such casual assertion of his place in the pecking order.
A small thing admittedly, but it breaks my heart.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I'm a bit confused about something......my understanding was that the kickstarter debacle was raising money for the publication of a new cookbook that then got delivered late/never to the funders?

But on the last thread there was a quote from a squig about a kickstarter where they ended up having to pay hundreds of pounds for a meal? Can anyone explain it please? Ta
There were multiple tiers of pledges on the kickstarter with various rewards, same as patreon. That was the most expensive one.
Link here

Reactions: 14
Re: her last tweet about the M&S deals going up in price/her imaginary VBI, can any Essex fraus confirm whether “that’ll learn me” (as opposed to “that’ll teach me”) is typical vernacular in your neck of the woods, or whether she is adopting that of another, poorer part of the country to seem, well, poorer?
To me it rates alongside Johnson's "Them's the breaks" Trying to relate to the Common people.

Reactions: 23
“Why lie about something so easily disproven.”

Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I’d say it’s a Cockney and therefore now found as also a Essex/Herts/Kent vernacular, reflecting the movement out from London particularly to new council housing in the 70’s. 🔺 The GLC (Greater London Council) moved us from north London to Essex when I was 2. I’d also say it’s not a common turn of phrase and is usually used ironically. Jackie has picked it up and is using it to *checks notes* reinforce her working class roots. Silly mare.

Reactions: 29
I imagine SB plied poor exhausted Mummapappa with coffee and games in an attempt to delay the dread words 'well small boy, it's time I made dinner'.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
No, it isn't typical. That'll be Jack pinching terms and phrases from all over the place as she really doesn't know who she is, or who she wants to be.

Reactions: 23
“Why lie about something so easily disproven.”

Really makes you think.

Cough *tens years of receipts* cough

Also, hi Jack, TGIF amirite?! Anyways, whist you look for the box of receipts, ping up a picture of the two fugly boilersuits next to each, coz I don't believe that either.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’d say it’s a Cockney and therefore now found as also a Essex/Herts/Kent vernacular, reflecting the movement out from London particularly to new council housing in the 70’s. 🔺 The GLC (Greater London Council) moved us from north London to Essex when I was 2. I’d also say it’s not a common turn of phrase and is usually used ironically. Jackie has picked it up and is using it to *checks notes* reinforce her working class roots. Silly mare.
I use it. Its a Common phrase here in Scotland and yes, it’s ironic.

Reactions: 20
How is she tweeting about the Vladivostok Beard Index when it does not exist?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.