Jack Monroe #385 Just admit you're full of loathing and misdirected ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain that you must have felt and still feel.
I have two boys who are autistic and have other additional needs. Yes, parenting is hard but the rewards far outweigh the hard work. Jack does not know how lucky she is. She has wasted so much of the summer on twitter and just faffing about, when she could have had fun with her boy. Then again she's wasted so much time all his life.
The clock is ticking for JM on how long is left for when children actually want to do things with their family rather than their mates. It is time JM will never get back. I am however pleased that he has other family members to make up for her failings as a mother

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I take it we'll all be using "she wanted attention that's why she tweeted it/wrote it/said it" in relation to Jack next time she's screeching about abuse because someone had the temerity to disagree with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
She’s only going to Dublin because it’ll be easier for her to manipulate the journo face to face rather than over zoom.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Apologies. Jumping straight in. No recap as have been away - have missed a good day and a half. Last night was at the press night for I, Joan. The physical resemblance of the actor who played Joan to Jack was uncanny. The vocal resemblance a million miles away. Fair made me think.
Joan of Snark

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The "mummy please don't be sad I made you a coffee please play with my game" tweet is so upsetting.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain that you must have felt and still feel.
I have two boys who are autistic and have other additional needs. Yes, parenting is hard but the rewards far outweigh the hard work. Jack does not know how lucky she is. She has wasted so much of the summer on twitter and just faffing about, when she could have had fun with her boy. Then again she's wasted so much time all his life.
It's things like this that make me feel so sad for him. It's not going to be a minute before he's a more independent person and wants to do his own thing, as rightly he should. Time passes so fast, and every hour she's orchestrating pileons on Twitter while he's there is time they could be actually spending doing something together that they might both enjoy (and not bleeping live tweet it, yeah?)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
How exactly does she think she "changed the way inflation was measured"? At most she could say she called attention to the fact that inflation was going to affect poor people more than wealthy ones, which is surely obvious to anyone? The VBI is such bs. All she did was piggyback off a quote from another author and try to spin it as doing some sort of work to "help".

And has rice really increased 344%? I'm in America so Idk what prices are like in the UK, but prices of basic staples like rice, beans, vegetables, etc, here have only gone up a small amount. It's things like meat and processed snacks and cereals that have gone way up.

Also how is that a key point? If M&S were still offering a full meal for a tenner despite rising costs, isn't that a good thing? :unsure: She makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I lost a son at ten to leukaemia. I have long been infuriated by how she treats her son when she is so lucky to have a healthy son. I also feel for those who have not be able to have a family to have to witness this crass behaviour
I'm so sorry Marj24 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry. Off topic rant about sustainability and cheap food. Hope I can figure out how to spoiler it. Meanwhile J peddles empty calories

Bit off topic. Thinking about the sustainability of planes etc, but moving that over to cheap protein.

I live in a county where beautiful fish is landed up the coast (haddock being the fish of choice). No fishmonger shops near me but my street is graced by a fish van twice a week (fish vans might be a uniquely East coast Scottish thing, don’t know). But anyway. Beautiful haddock fillets, Arbroath smokies etc), but they are pricey, Twice or maybe even three times the price of frozen fillets in supermarkets - yet the fish in the supermarkets is coming in many cases from Asia. It’s unfathomable and makes you think, and I’m not even saying that sarcastically. Why am I paying less for something that’s been shipped (sometimes twice shipped) half way across the world rather than something that’s been landed just 20 miles away yesterday ? (And I do know that the local price of fish is fair and reflects the conditions involved in the fishing Industry)

Chippies round here mainly sell local haddock. And it’s got to the point where we may actually have gone full circle. In the early 1900s a fish supper was one of the most nutritiouS and cheap things a WC family could buy, all other things considered. Of course chippies are now going to have to up their costs because of energy payments etc.

TLDR Sorry. Rant

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Yel

Is she going for the world record of misinformation and nonsense in a tweet. There's a lot of competition for that, but she's still up near the top.

M&s meal deal goes up in price during the biggest inflationary pressure for many decades, after already changing many years ago by removing the wine. And jack thinks this is due to her 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78
I'm a bit confused about something......my understanding was that the kickstarter debacle was raising money for the publication of a new cookbook that then got delivered late/never to the funders?

But on the last thread there was a quote from a squig about a kickstarter where they ended up having to pay hundreds of pounds for a meal? Can anyone explain it please? Ta

Reactions: 14
Jumping a bit ahead but imagine if SB ends up with similar issues to his mother. Now that would be interesting. I wonder how she’d cope with a child who needed his needs met first.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Is she going for the world record of misinformation and nonsense in a tweet. There's a lot of competition for that, but she's still up near the top.

M&s meal deal goes up in price during the biggest inflationary pressure for many decades, after already changing many years ago by removing the wine. And jack thinks this is due to her 🤪
And that even if it were, anyone is going to thank you for it. The price increase is just extra costs it's not like the extra £2 gives the poors a special Jack approved slop discount.

Reactions: 17
Jumping across from the last thread to say this.
In 12 years of motherhood the most wonderful, beautiful moment is her child making her a cup of coffee?
What a load of old tit. Just adds further weight to the fact she has little to do with him. The only memory of note for her is him showing concern, like when he checked she was breathing after falling asleep drunk. Poor wee thing.
Jack, maybe if you actually did some stuff with your son a cup of Nescafe wouldn't even be in the top 100 memories of your kid.
Oh and I thought she didn't drink coffee?
I don't have children (not by choice, sadly) so don't know this by experience from having them, but the best (most moving) memories from the children I do know are when they were having a great time, were amazed by something, or were reaching new milestones (I cried when my sister shared a video of my nephew learning how to read, as I found it so moving). It truly is appalling how the best things from SB are always about him doing something for her (giving her something or praising her). It never is about him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 91
How exactly does she think she "changed the way inflation was measured"? At most she could say she called attention to the fact that inflation was going to affect poor people more than wealthy ones, which is surely obvious to anyone? The VBI is such bs. All she did was piggyback off a quote from another author and try to spin it as doing some sort of work to "help".

And has rice really increased 344%? I'm in America so Idk what prices are like in the UK, but prices of basic staples like rice, beans, vegetables, etc, here have only gone up a small amount. It's things like meat and processed snacks and cereals that have gone way up.

Also how is that a key point? If M&S were still offering a full meal for a tenner despite rising costs, isn't that a good thing? :unsure: She makes no sense.
Not at Tesco, same price as it was when she kicked off in January. Up 3p/kg at her beloved ASDA.
Both available for delivery because I live on a council estate where people actually buy them, unlike Jack.

Screenshot 2022-09-02 184313.png

Screenshot 2022-09-02 184411.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
If, and I realise it’s only an if, Monroe had the bailiffs round (does the tax man send the bailiffs round?) it goes a long way towards explaining why she is moving. Big Dave would be mortified, he’s either moving her into one of his flats or standing guarantor for a mortgage. In his position, I’d put her in one of my flats.
This is all guess work of course.
Is the relative saying anymore?
Would the residents of Thorpe Bay recognise bailiffs? They would round my way but Ive No idea about the posher parts of town. I do hope they didn’t kick the door down.

Reactions: 18
I lost a son at ten to leukaemia. I have long been infuriated by how she treats her son when she is so lucky to have a healthy son. I also feel for those who have not be able to have a family to have to witness this crass behaviour
It is stories like yours which make Jack's woe is me self pitying so absolutely abhorrent.

So sorry for your loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Sorry. Off topic rant about sustainability and cheap food. Hope I can figure out how to spoiler it. Meanwhile J peddles empty calories

Bit off topic. Thinking about the sustainability of planes etc, but moving that over to cheap protein.

I live in a county where beautiful fish is landed up the coast (haddock being the fish of choice). No fishmonger shops near me but my street is graced by a fish van twice a week (fish vans might be a uniquely East coast Scottish thing, don’t know). But anyway. Beautiful haddock fillets, Arbroath smokies etc), but they are pricey, Twice or maybe even three times the price of frozen fillets in supermarkets - yet the fish in the supermarkets is coming in many cases from Asia. It’s unfathomable and makes you think, and I’m not even saying that sarcastically. Why am I paying less for something that’s been shipped (sometimes twice shipped) half way across the world rather than something that’s been landed just 20 miles away yesterday ? (And I do know that the local price of fish is fair and reflects the conditions involved in the fishing Industry)

Chippies round here mainly sell local haddock. And it’s got to the point where we may actually have gone full circle. In the early 1900s a fish supper was one of the most nutritiouS and cheap things a WC family could buy, all other things considered. Of course chippies are now going to have to up their costs because of energy payments etc.

TLDR Sorry. Rant

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.