Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has just popped to his nans and sent me a photo taken in the same spot as the cursed curtain jumpsuit photo. Same pose taken on self timer with the blurry filter and it is cracking me up! I wish I could post it for you all 😂
You are not telling us that the location Jack took the photo is in a public place are you?

She actually went out in public in that. Hahahahahaha

Edited to add...
Hahahahahaha
Hahahahahaha

Edited once more to add...
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
I volunteer at a food bank (🔺) they have copies of tin can cook laid out on the “randoms” table. I have never seen anyone take one.

I mean why would they? Most people request nappies and laundry detergent as extras to their crate. This is the kind of stuff that is essential, nobody has ever needed a manual of how to make ridiculous slop food from tins.
Where you find recipes like this following, which JM herself suggests is best for "the less decerning palates of children". How patronising! Two tins of meat were wasted in the recipe, how many meals could have otherwise been produced?
Screenshot_20220902-172146.png
Screenshot_20220902-172246.png
[/SPOILE
R]

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
OT but we have a specifically named “randoms” table at ours as well 🔺 is that universal food bank lingo?!
Possibly? I have to say the randoms tablebreaks my heart because the stuff that is added to it is out of date, crushed stuff or ex-shop stuff from clear-outs.

I was a poor in the past (a real one, which is why I initially thought Jack was OK and like me!) I used to steal stuff (not proud, but I had kids and a low paying entry level job). I think foodbanks offer such a great stop gap service, but it is heartbreaking to see people grabbing armfuls of out of date cookies.

My previous poor single parent self can see Kack is an absolute bullshitter and offers nothing of any use to people and families facing poverty.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
So sorry Fraus. Sweary venting. Please forgive x

YOU bleeping SELFISH SPOILED LAZY ENTITLED WHINY DELUDED person. (sorry couldn’t think of a suitable bad word). Your poor lad. Tiptoeing around you - FOR bleeping WHY? He shouldn’t have to parent you! Yes, his kindness is laudable but WTF have you done to merit such care? Undercut your hair and snarked? JUST duck OFFFFFFFF
I was trying to write a reply and yours is spot on. If this is actually happening, I really feel for him.

I have said it before but my own 12 yo did tip-toe around me and people please on the whole for a while after I got sober, who can blame him? I was a horrible, vicious, blackout drunk, (I literally can't remember a thing from my last three years of drinking, but that's what I've been told). But she, apparently has over a year now, I'd have expected some semblance of regular pre-teen behaviour by now.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Guys sorry for getting off topic
but have you seen that Jameela Jamil is getting dragged on twitter for “misgendering” and then blaming her crime on the victim. Her twitter is hilarious right now and it’s FULL JACK VIBES

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I agree, people who have relationships with men, yet feel entitled to call themselves lesbian are very damaging. There are a huge number of them, and they add weight to the notion that lesbianism isn’t fixed and lesbians are all potentially open to sleeping with men.

If we allow anyone to call themselves lesbian without questioning, under threat of being accused of gatekeeping someone’s sexuality, there is no word left to call women who exclusively have relationships with women. It’s the colonisation of lesbianism.

It’s not a case of a person finding themselves, this is Jack, she lies about everything, every last thing, and she famously weaponises her identities. It is absolutely valid to challenge her self description as lesbian when she has been persistently attracted to and involved with men throughout her adult life.

A reminder that she said this to Diva magazine in 2014:

View attachment 1548596

Lesbians are entitled to feel upset that someone very publicly stating things like the above actually very much likes the D.
Just stick lesbians on the list of all the other groups of people Jack is undermining... disabled, autistic, ADHD, poor, working class, midde cass, transgender, single parents... to name a few

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Possibly? I have to say the randoms tablebreaks my heart because the stuff that is added to it is out of date, crushed stuff or ex-shop stuff from clear-outs.

I was a poor in the past (a real one, which is why I initially thought Jack was OK and like me!) I used to steal stuff (not proud, but I had kids and a low paying entry level job). I think foodbanks offer such a great stop gap service, but it is heartbreaking to see people grabbing armfuls of out of date cookies.

My previous poor single parent self can see Kack is an absolute bullshitter and offers nothing of any use to people and families facing poverty.
There was a randoms table at the one I helped at too, but it was a bit less depressing - generally it was hyper-specific ingredients that had been left at a collection point that most people wouldn't want but there'd be someone out there who'd want it and be pretty happy with.

Reactions: 19
So what SB softly, gently hands her a coffee and the Playstation controller and she... immediately sets them down to grab her phone and tweet about it? Catch yourself on, Jack. Has that poor kid ever been allowed to just be a kid?

• Sad
Reactions: 48
So sorry Fraus. Sweary venting. Please forgive x

YOU bleeping SELFISH SPOILED LAZY ENTITLED WHINY DELUDED person. (sorry couldn’t think of a suitable bad word). Your poor lad. Tiptoeing around you - FOR bleeping WHY? He shouldn’t have to parent you! Yes, his kindness is laudable but WTF have you done to merit such care? Undercut your hair and snarked? JUST duck OFFFFFFFF

yeh that just about sums up my reaction to that. No that isn't what makes it all worth while. Whats made it all worth while is them going off and finding out who they are and making their own lives with the stability and care you've given them. We don't raise kids for what they can give back to us.

Reactions: 34
Has this perhaps been said? I’m skipping pages at a time to keep up, but:
The extra long wig was for continuity when the next book came out. The book which has been seriously delayed.
funny that only days after a home visit from the publishing team, she’s going for an undercut.
does that mean the book has been binned?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I tried editing it but it’s not as funny! Plus he took it slightly further to the left and I can’t easily crop out an identifying bit of the building. I may not like Jack but I wouldn’t doxx her.

You are not telling us that the location Jack took the photo is in a public place are you?

She actually went out in public in that. Hahahahahaha
Yup, the place she goes for her AA meetings

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just stick lesbians on the list of all the other groups of people Jack is undermining... disabled, autistic, ADHD, poor, working class, midde cass, transgender, single parents... to name a few
It's just at the point where any cause at all must be like "hurrah we're getting a bit of blue tick support", "cool, who is it?", "FFS, Jack Monroe- we are so fucked, lads. Abandon hope".

• Haha
Reactions: 31
  • Jack said she was a lesbian. Now she seems to have relationships with men. That was then, this is now.
  • Jack said said she was too poor to spend money on {whatever...too many to choose from}. Now she can spend money on {whatever...too many to choose from}. That was then, this is now

Etcetera, etcetera.

Rinse (hoops) and repeat until the end of time: That was then, this is now.

And now, duck off x

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Where you find recipes like this following, which JM herself suggests is best for "the less decerning palates of children". How patronising! Two tins of meat were wasted in the recipe, how many meals could have otherwise been produced?
Everything about this recipe is ridiculous!

Grating spam and rinsing meat!!! Is she a tin can cook because she doesn’t actually know how to cook meat?

Reactions: 29
Guys sorry for getting off topic
but have you seen that Jameela Jamil is getting dragged on twitter for “misgendering” and then blaming her crime on the victim. Her twitter is hilarious right now and it’s FULL JACK VIBES

yes - I've not seen her tweets before but that showed up in my feed and oh my word she's is totally another Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's cunning, thick, manipulative, vain, selfish and still gets away with it all. Her patrons have dropped a bit but she's still coining it. I can't see it stopping unless she shuts her patreon/PayPal down but why would she unless legally she has to ? A fool and his money and all that.
Maybe we won't see her on tv and listen to her on the radio as much but the income streams are pretty much guaranteed as far as I can see.
I never used to be quite so cynical but she's something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.