Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is one of the reasons why I love this thread. You both come across as lovely people, points of view have been made, the rest of us not as experienced fraus have learnt stuff, and no one needed to send any monkeys anywhere.

totally agree. And sorry if any of my ADHD comments have offended. I know how hard it is when your body and brain just won't let you do what you need to do. It just annoys me how Jack wheels it out as an excuse but then some fun quirky superpower the next day

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Thread title: the squigs have slophome syndrome

It wasn’t mine! Another user suggested it in the last thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Also if she gave a tit about the child, she would have reported the tweet, not done a load of pompous safeguarding tweets to her FMs to initiate a pile on.

And Jack - I know you read this - you wouldn’t know safeguarding if it bit you in you Mediterranean arse
Exactly, she's claiming it's possible to identify the school etc via this 'teachers' account, so surely that's your first call. If the school can get the tweet taken down that minimises the chances of the child being outed more widely.

Reactions: 20
I would say because she has said she is lesbian, time and time again never once referring to being bisexual.
It makes it feel like being lesbian is just a fad, I remember the days a man would say in a bar “I bet I could turn you straight” and it feels like this is what’s happened with Jack. Like you can change your sexuality at the drop of a hat when the right man comes along. I get the whole, people can change, but I can tell you now there is not one man in this world that could make me straight yet Jack flicks through identities at the drop of a hat.

The correct term Jack should have identified as all along is bisexual, it just would’ve damaged the grift.
I agree, people who have relationships with men, yet feel entitled to call themselves lesbian are very damaging. There are a huge number of them, and they add weight to the notion that lesbianism isn’t fixed and lesbians are all potentially open to sleeping with men.

If we allow anyone to call themselves lesbian without questioning, under threat of being accused of gatekeeping someone’s sexuality, there is no word left to call women who exclusively have relationships with women. It’s the colonisation of lesbianism.

It’s not a case of a person finding themselves, this is Jack, she lies about everything, every last thing, and she famously weaponises her identities. It is absolutely valid to challenge her self description as lesbian when she has been persistently attracted to and involved with men throughout her adult life.

A reminder that she said this to Diva magazine in 2014:

61BFE981-1137-4282-BCDE-9A8E03A99F3F.jpeg

Lesbians are entitled to feel upset that someone very publicly stating things like the above actually very much likes the D.

Image text:
You’ve been getting a trouncing from the Daily Mail lately. Is it the usual lefty-bashing? Do you think lesbophobia is underpinning it?
“Benefit claiming single mum works hard and gets out of poverty” should have been their dream headline, and for a while, it was. Some of the first media outlets to interview me were in fact the Daily Mail and the Telegraph, who very much took that particular narrative to heart. Then I came out as a lefty lesbian Labourite, and they couldn’t tit on me fast enough. I think I’m just a bit to “out there” and a bit too “differen for the likes of (Liz) Jones and (Richard) Littlejohn to comprehend. If they could get away with adding my lady-loving ways to the list of things to hate about me, I’m sure they would. Liz Jones described me as “oppressed” when I came out as gay, which made me laugh. I’m definitely not an oppressed lesbian. Or a suppressed one. Or a depressed one. I’m a loud and proud big old dyke, and no amount of crap written about me in newspapers is going to put me back in my closet or help me “find a real man”. If I had a pound for every time I was told I just needed a husband to help me out, well, I wouldn’t have been half as poor for half as long. People’s ignorance astounds me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Typical Jack's hole response, aka *taps sign* "You're free to do what I want."

View attachment 1548578
She’s thick as a brick. I know, instead of reporting the Tweet, I’ll reply to it in front of my equally-Twitter-addicted 500,000 flying monkeys who are renowned for their fondness of a dogpile.

That will really help the kids safeguarding won’t it Jack, you absolute faker bleep.

Reactions: 38
So sorry Fraus. Sweary venting. Please forgive x

YOU bleeping SELFISH SPOILED LAZY ENTITLED WHINY DELUDED person. (sorry couldn’t think of a suitable bad word). Your poor lad. Tiptoeing around you - FOR bleeping WHY? He shouldn’t have to parent you! Yes, his kindness is laudable but WTF have you done to merit such care? Undercut your hair and snarked? JUST duck OFFFFFFFF

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
totally agree. And sorry if any of my ADHD comments have offended. I know how hard it is when your body and brain just won't let you do what you need to do. It just annoys me how Jack wheels it out as an excuse but then some fun quirky superpower the next day
It’s the best thing about this thread tbh. People can disagree respectfully, listen to the other side, then tell each other to duck off x. Then go back to taking the piss out of Jacks cat tit fritters.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I follow a successful screenwriter on Instagram and she posted yesterday encouraging people to donate to flood relief in Pakistan. She said if people sent her a screenshot of their donation she would match it.

I'd already donated as UK government are matching donations to the DEC up to £5 million, but I sent her a screenshot anyway, with my details blocked out. She DMed me back a few hours later with a screenshot of her own very large donation which she'd made to match a group of people (including me) who'd donated.

Jack should take note.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Typical Jack's hole response, aka *taps sign* "You're free to do what I want."

View attachment 1548578
i Don’t think Jack quite gets it, so far this week she has attacked a disabled care home resident and a social care worker, both of whom made the mildest of remarks. Regardless of the behaviour of others, she now has a Moral obligation to show she can use her platform responsibly. The big boys are doing it too is not an excuse.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.