Jack Monroe #384 You're churning out rinsed hoops and boiled slop, not storming the Bastille

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must admit the gofundme was an act of utter genius and I almost admire her for it. She charged full RRP for books when she could buy them for a discount, used the sales to both propel herself onto the bestseller list and establish a reputation as a smol philanthropist despite the fact she profited from every sale. Her post even made it onto Lammys page ffs. Just wow.
Edit!!!! Wait that’s PayPal was there a gofundme for the SAME book?
00B1B15C-BF4D-4852-8819-D03291F2349A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Jack's still blaming ADHD? The £150 per month predcption of ritalin doesn't seem to be working then, mind you this is Jack Monroe, other ADHDers don't have it anywhere near as bad as Jack. Also what happened to Jack transitioning? And fully being a lesbian and not into blokes? I'd love her to be questioned about this.
I’ve noticed on a few of your posts you bring up Jack’s sexuality. We’ve all got our tipping point with her but for me, she’s such a shady grifter that I couldn’t care less who she’s shagging (as long as I don’t have to hear about it again).

You obviously don’t have to answer but I’m curious as to why out of everything that is Jack, you would like her to be questioned about her sexuality?

• Heart
Reactions: 59
the bus route to/from Stansted costs £25 though Jack!! I’m on private so can’t tweet her to ask about that sadly… but she clearly thinks that by saying it’s a bus everyone will assume it’s relatively cheap (it also takes > an hour so not quicker than going to London either…)
Imagine the poor buggers stuck on the bus when she opens the home-made snacks?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Why hasn't any of her FM asked her what the loving duck is going on with her melted pus in that jumpsuit photo?? I am trying so hard to have a grunkathon and catch up but keep going back to it.
I think anyone would be scared to comment on her appearance as she will go mad.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
There has been a lot of discussion about Jack damaging the image of autism and especially ADHD by using these alleged diagnoses as an excuse for her scams.

This has included positive tropes, for example about how actually many ADHD people work really hard to not let anyone down due to rejection sensitivity.

I would just like to say that many sufferers of ADHD and autism cannot overcome their difficulties, no matter hard they try. Eg the majority of autistic people do not work or live independently. Positive tropes are equally harmful to those of us with insurmountable handicaps, because they lower empathy and understanding for the majority of us who really CAN’T do certain things. Promoting the idea that ADHD people are actually fabulous employees makes life a lot harder for people who are unemployed due to their disability. It is hurtful and makes the rest of us who aren’t high functioning feel even more like failures, and reduces peoples empathy for us even more.

I understand the urge to want to counter Jack’s harmful excuse making for her crimes, but please be aware that many sufferers really are affected as badly as Jack claims to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I must admit the gofundme was an act of utter genius and I almost admire her for it. She charged full RRP for books when she could buy them for a discount, used the sales to both propel herself onto the bestseller list and establish a reputation as a smol philanthropist despite the fact she profited from every sale. Her post even made it onto Lammys page ffs. Just wow.
Edit!!!! Wait that’s PayPal was there a gofundme for the SAME book?
View attachment 1548425
Right, I may be having another aneurysm. Here’s the GoFundMe and the date at the bottom is 1 November 2018, The tweet is from 16 September 2018. Did she start one campaign and stop the other? How many books were paid for and where is the list of foodbanks they went to? These shouldn’t be difficult questions for her to answer.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
She has literally spent this week being a dick on the internet and nothing else.

She literally must have zero life.

Reactions: 40
Bit random this one but that mouldy moth squig that thinks it's Jack's doppelganger is alarmingly unstable
I agree. They posted a pic of their eye yesterday (or Weds) and there was much chortling between them and Jack about being twins and having the same eye colour. They don't. Very, very odd.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Right, I may be having another aneurysm. Here’s the GoFundMe and the date at the bottom is 1 November 2018, The tweet is from 16 September 2018. Did she start one campaign and stop the other? How many books were paid for and where is the list of foodbanks they went to? These shouldn’t be difficult questions for her to answer.
Funny how “3 tins” is included in the pricing - perhaps these were the same tins that, when sent to the food banks, are labelled very, very clearly as being from “Jack Monroe”. She’s very good at presenting other people’s donations as her own.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
The tiers:
£3.50 - access to exclusive patreon content
£7 - that plus 3 art postcards a month
£10 - double sided, premium thickness, A5 recipe cards with full colour photographs of new recipes which won’t appear on her website for 2 months min. One weekly for U.K. subs, sent monthly for overseas
£12 - 6 monthly art cards (it’s kind of unclear if this also includes the 4 recipe cards)
£24 - 10 art cards plus pre release signed book copies
£44 - signed framed print for first month, then mounted print every month after, plus ALL the previous rewards (am assuming this isn’t 3+6+10 postcards a month).

All subs exclude vat.

That‘s a hell of a time and money commitment even if you’re on top of it. With 18 months to catch up on, she doesn’t have a hope in hell

She’s sunk like the easy to spot submarine in a game of battleships
I’m a thousand years behind and this has probably already said but she’s at least fulfilled this part of the pledge by just not putting ANY new recipes on the website.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
There has been a lot of discussion about Jack damaging the image of autism and especially ADHD by using these alleged diagnoses as an excuse for her scams.

This has included positive tropes, for example about how actually many ADHD people work really hard to not let anyone down due to rejection sensitivity.

I would just like to say that many sufferers of ADHD and autism cannot overcome their difficulties, no matter hard they try. Eg the majority of autistic people do not work or live independently. Positive tropes are equally harmful to those of us with insurmountable handicaps, because they lower empathy and understanding for the majority of us who really CAN’T do certain things. Promoting the idea that ADHD people are actually fabulous employees makes life a lot harder for people who are unemployed due to their disability. It is hurtful and makes the rest of us who aren’t high functioning feel even more like failures, and reduces peoples empathy for us even more.

I understand the urge to want to counter Jack’s harmful excuse making for her crimes, but please be aware that many sufferers really are affected as badly as Jack claims to be.
This is a bleeping amazing point - and I feel I need to apologise for my earlier post citing my own ADHD experience because I can totally see how it must dismiss the fact there are many, many other people who suffer from ND who cannot do certain tasks/activities. It genuinely wasn’t my intention but moving forwards I will absolutely be more mindful of how I conceptualise and discuss mental health, thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It is entirely plausible that a 12-year-old boy is happy to be referred to by an acronym for “small boy”. Very believable. Oh yes. 🙄
I finally just asked my own 12 year old how he would feel if he was referred to by SB/small boy. Basically if looks could kill he would be arranging my funeral now.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I agree. They posted a pic of their eye yesterday (or Weds) and there was much chortling between them and Jack about being twins and having the same eye colour. They don't. Very, very odd.
I think mouldy moth has designs on being the next OH

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
So if she bought those two boilersuits a few years ago, it probably means they were an impulse purchase that have sat in the back of one of her many cupboards. She must have discovered them during the hecking big declutter.

Why oh why do her admirers not notice that she is wealthy enough to buy £110 worth of clothing and then forget they even exist?

Reactions: 32
I’ve noticed on a few of your posts you bring up Jack’s sexuality. We’ve all got our tipping point with her but for me, she’s such a shady grifter that I couldn’t care less who she’s shagging (as long as I don’t have to hear about it again).

You obviously don’t have to answer but I’m curious as to why out of everything that is Jack, you would like her to be questioned about her sexuality?
I would say because she has said she is lesbian, time and time again never once referring to being bisexual.
It makes it feel like being lesbian is just a fad, I remember the days a man would say in a bar “I bet I could turn you straight” and it feels like this is what’s happened with Jack. Like you can change your sexuality at the drop of a hat when the right man comes along. I get the whole, people can change, but I can tell you now there is not one man in this world that could make me straight yet Jack flicks through identities at the drop of a hat.

The correct term Jack should have identified as all along is bisexual, it just would’ve damaged the grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.