Jack Monroe #383 Thrashing in a trap of their own making

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure she did know Dublin isn’t in the UK but it’s pretty certain Irish Twitter are going to tell her in no uncertain terms anyway.
*sticks kettle on*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Poor SB doesn't deserve any of this.
"use his old room as a sorting/storage space" Jack he's a rapidly growing lad, these are formative years for his self-assurance and you're telling the world he's moving into mamapapa's nightmeat zone. You should know having his own space should be ringfenced heckin big downsizerino or no, that would be putting "his well-being first and front and centre".

I also don't believe she'll be on the couch (for what, months?) but that's a much more conerning discussion. She's now gone on to state he has slept in the same bed when ill (ok) and did briefly consider sharing the same bed (bleeping hell). So she's knows it's not right but is fishing for reassurance that it would have been fine?

@Onestorytoomany " I mean soon he will ( if he lives with her, will want to have girls over, im not saying imminently, but you know) and he will have to explain that he shares with his mum. I mean if anything puts you off your teen boyfriend it would be that."
She might be realising he's not going to be a SB forever and this would be one way to make sure he doesn't work towards fledging her nest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Still stuck way in the past, I know there have been many more chaoses since, but as far as I can see no one has shared the prison tamale origin story.

Screenshot_20220901-115641_Twitter.jpg

Amazing how being sent a free cookbook morphed into doing a lot of quiet work on the side with prisoners in just one year.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 142
I'm sorry but no working class person, or a person supposedly perpetually on the edge of poverty would use the word 'adventure'. I wish Ireland would keep them. Nah, scratch that. I like Ireland and I wouldn't want them to benefit from their generous tax rules. She's had enough free rides. Ugh, I need to stop looking at Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
EXT QUAINT STREET, DUBLIN DAY

JACK dances down a cobbled alleyway, marvelling at the rustic pubs and traditional cafes [NB researcher please fill in details - we want something authentic but not too authentic]. Irish folk wave as she passes.

The members of B*Witched look up from a colourful market stall where they're haggling for scarves and bangles, and spot Jack's trendy denim ensemble.

B*WITCHED: Noice jacket!

JACK: Get a loife!!

JACK creeps up behind IRISH JOURNALIST, who is green-eyed, rugged and hunky in an outdoorsy sort of way, wearing a chunky jumper. She playfully taps him on the shoulder.

JOURNALIST: H-hello? Do I know ye?

JACK: Oi did say we should get lunch!

JOURNALIST: Jack?

JACK: Boo, oi guess!

JOURNALIST: B-but ye live in Southend.

JACK: Ah, what's an hour and fifteen pounds? Now, where's the crack going on, I need to 'fill me boots'!!

The JOURNALIST breaks into a broad smile, his emerald eyes twinkling. She takes his arm and they go in search of the coolest cafes. His life will never be the same again...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138
Still stuck way in the past, I know there have been many more chaoses since, but as far as I can see no one has shared the prison tamale origin story.

View attachment 1545170

Amazing how being sent a free cookbook morphed into doing a lot of quiet work on the side with prisoners in just one year.
Yeah work so quiet you can't see or hear it. Bone idle. Sorry I'm raging today, uncharacteristically.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
If only there was a way to do interviews like this without the need to travel for such a short time. Something that you could do on the internet maybe? You could sit in your own house and do it, and they could sit in theirs? Would be so much easier for both parties and wouldn't take so many hours out of your working week.
I do hope someone comes up with something soon🤞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
An hour and £15 to get to Dublin? Why does this feel so unbelievable. Does she live in the airport?
No flights to Dublin from Southend, she'd have to go Ryanair from Stansted. Headline flight price flying out on Monday is £20, but it's Ryanair so let's triple that. Plus there's the cost of getting to Stansted, and into Dublin city itself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
EXT QUAINT STREET, DUBLIN DAY

JACK dances down a cobbled alleyway, marvelling at the rustic pubs and traditional cafes [NB researcher please fill in details - we want something authentic but not too authentic]. Irish folk wave as she passes.

The members of B*Witched look up from a colourful market stall where they're haggling for scarves and bangles, and spot Jack's trendy denim ensemble.

B*WITCHED: Noice jacket!

JACK: Get a loife!!

JACK creeps up behind IRISH JOURNALIST, who is green-eyed, rugged and hunky in an outdoorsy sort of way, wearing a chunky jumper. She playfully taps him on the shoulder.

JOURNALIST: H-hello? Do I know ye?

JACK: Oi did say we should get lunch!

JOURNALIST: Jack?

JACK: Boo, oi guess!

JOURNALIST: B-but ye live in Southend.

JACK: Ah, what's an hour and fifteen pounds? Now, where's the crack going on, I need to 'fill me boots'!!

The JOURNALIST breaks into a broad smile, his emerald eyes twinkling. She takes his arm and they go in search of the coolest cafes. His life will never be the same again...
A scarf dropped in a puddle, by a careless leprechaun?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh god the thoughts of her coming to my hometown makes me feel ill.
Sending thoughts and prayers to Dublin. Glasgow survived, Edinburgh survived, Dublin will too but none of us should getting these visits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
So, how much are you all getting paid by the ruling blue blooded lizard people to smear Jack?
I only get minimum wage and monthly vouchers for Nando’s 💔 but then again all I do is make smartarse comments.
1 pumble per post

• Haha
Reactions: 33
So after complaining that the BBC only pays £50 for an interview, she's now paying £15 to travel to a different country for an interview? There's no way it's £15 flat to get from her house in Southend, to an airport, to Dublin Airport, to Dublin City and all the way back again
And no way it takes an hour.

Jack be nimble
Jack be quick
Jack spend patreon
On Dublin day trip

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123
My hot take;

Jack knows exactly where she's moving at the end of the year, I think Papa H finally caved and is giving her one of the rentals with a full makeover.

Papa H has only given her a one bed though, because he knows SB is never there anymore.

Jack is trying to guilt trip him by tormenting SB.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 109
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.