Jack Monroe #38 Will she call her next cat Sue Purrkins?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@JoanOfSark has just liked one of my post back on thread 25 (are you on a Gunka or doing a moonwalk revisit of earlier threads? Fun times ahead if you are Gunking) And now I've got Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) stuck in my ear now. Back to the eighties soundtrack. Love it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am trying to catch up! I have Grunka'd to page 50 of the previous thread but now need to be BUSY in the kitchen.
However, In summary,
  1. The girl needs therapy
  2. Much love and strength to those amongst us that need it
  3. Loving the nostalgia but it irks me that most of it I relate to my offspring rather than my most misspent yoof.

I shall return soon...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Your friend’s cat is beautiful ❤
Thanks! He is a Devon Rex. I had one too, (mine was not so lovely, he was dumped in a bin as he was a "breed failure", and the Devon Rex network saved him and for the next 14 years he brought much happiness to me)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think you've all had this conversation, but I'm only recently in from lurking, and I couldn't grunka *everything*: if the older cat is a Maine Coon, then I'm a (90s) ubermodel. I asked my bestie, a crazy cat woman, breeder, OWNED A MAINE COON. She says... (see photo) and I can't stop giggling. Autocorrect has added a word, but rest assured she's saying, "not even close".

Yes she hasn't been on a holiday since the last recent one which was the first time she'd been on a holiday in six years. Thanks to the person who provided the IG receipt photo
Don’t say it, doooooooon’t say it!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Haha, Poca, I love when you bust out this gif! Last time really made me laugh too.
That gif illustrates my internal panic / delight that she’s currently going:
‘It’s a bleeping Maine Coon damn you alllllllll’

• Haha
Reactions: 24
@crystaleyesd I got butterflies reading about your potential hookup! I am such a romantic at heart and love a good long distance story! Please do keep up updated about how it goes!

My own partner and I very much have an against the odds story with the 'getting together' bit but I daren't reveal too much cos I definitely could end up doxxing myself. We're in a very mundane (aka lovely but no drama) relationship now, but OMG was it crazy! Sorry, that probably sounds super vague a la JM but I love a good romantic story ❤
I would expect nothing less from your photo, which makes me smile every time I see it :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks! He is a Devon Rex. I had one too, (mine was not so lovely, he was dumped in a bin as he was a "breed failure", and the Devon Rex network saved him and for the next 14 years he brought much happiness to me)
That is atrocious, I don’t understand how people can be so awful to animals, if you don’t want it take it to a shelter, give it away, at worst leave it to fend for itself , but in a bin. Jesus this makes me so angry 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I think we should triangulate him.
I wasn’t paying attention to the news last night but I think he’s renewed his contract (or whatever the dubious unpolitical arrangement he has is called) so he’ll be in power til he’s 83 odd, so that’s a lot more cash money for us fraus to do our bit in destabilising Britain by.... discussing someone with minor daytime TV appearances & minor social media following on an obscure forum?

Check your offshore bank account x
😂 JM’s mum won’t be the only frau with a Land Rover now 💅🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I would expect nothing less from your photo, which makes me smile every time I see it :)

❤Thank you, I love Pam-ela! She would absolutely be a Tattler as well! Gavin and Stacey is viewed as a real national treasure in South Wales, where I grew up!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My first crush was Arnie in The Terminator. Well, the first that was an actual human (the cartoon Thor was the actual first). A few years later, the local dive had it on permanent loop every night and I always timed our entrance to coincide with the arrival scene.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I wasn’t paying attention to the news last night but I think he’s renewed his contract (or whatever the dubious unpolitical arrangement he has is called) so he’ll be in power til he’s 83 odd, so that’s a lot more cash money for us fraus to do our bit in destabilising Britain by.... discussing someone with minor daytime TV appearances & minor social media following on an obscure forum?

Might just quit my job, I’ve posted a lot so I assume I deserve a 6 figure salary by now😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wot @Harrybosch said and also:

* Jack denied having a holiday for 7 years. Evidence found here to prove this was not the case.
* Spectacular twitter rants. Largely deleted. Including @Matt. To date ignored by him.
Hi I cant keep up! What did I miss about the tweets @Matt? I too will rewatch Before Sunrise this weekend in my slip dress and DMs of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Putin promised me a brand new Smeg fridge but it hasn't arrived. I daren't complain, you know what he's like...

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Hopefully this state-sponsored stipend will help me to buy a house. I mean I'm nearly 30 and can't believe I haven't been gifted one by the Universe when I clearly deserve it! I've only been gifted Tracey Enims and SMEG fridges, but it's hard when you're a little urchin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Whatever do you mean, have you not read JM's ever growing changing Twitter bio?! She's VERY important and very BUSY!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My first crush was Arnie in The Terminator. Well, the first that was an actual human (the cartoon Thor was the actual first). A few years later, the local dive had it on permanent loop every night and I always timed our entrance to coincide with the arrival scene.

I'm glad someone else had a non-human crush. My first crush was...

1593776285963.png

THOSE DIMPLES MADE ME SWOON (I was very, very young).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.