Jack Monroe #373 Well this is awkward, David

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say though, I'm impressed at her commitment to growing the hair. We're on track to reach 'stunt hair' length at around November 2026

• Haha
Reactions: 45
holy tit this is actually TD, i just googled the blog name!

edit: just realised this was probably already obvious given her twitter handle lol
Let's be honest, that is the ultimate origin story. Unbeatable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
I feel bad for squigs that are genuinely questioning their Patreon rewards. The noise they attract from both sides is enough to scare anyone off after being so small fry before.

Reactions: 42
It's time for Molly to write Saint or Sinner 2: The Concocted Illnesses and Self Diagnosis Years (aka lying about the NHS).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
I actually know someone who last year had a heart attack caused by stress. Not old and fit. It took MONTHS to sort out. Appointments and medications etc. after it happened they were on mostly rest and had to be supervised constantly. The medication made them very tired for a long time and they couldn’t work, before they were eventually weaned off it. They were allowed to do small supervised walks to start with and getting fitness back has taken time because of the amount of rest involved.
Jack had 3 and was off running. What a load of tit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
But they say they have contacted her, she ignored them
I’ve no sympathy for these squigs, 2 years, no rewards, no response to any contact and you just carry on paying?

Didn’t occur to them to cancel the direct debit.

Honestly some people deserve Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Hang on, she's claiming she is allergic to stress and has an EpiPen?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I've been pretty clear about my feelings about Content because I don't believe for one second that Jack is capable of taking good care of her. However, when I saw the video of Content and SB in the park I hoped that Jack would be able to make a go of it. Even though her harness wasn't on properly (ffs) and she needed a good brush (ffs #2), Content and SB seemed to be having a good time.

If Content is now somewhere else I sincerely hope that she is with people who can look after her properly, preferably with SB and his Dad, because the puppy has already bonded emotionally and she needs some sort of stability.

That's probably too much to hope for though.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
But how do you go over a year paying 24 quid and getting nothing and just not mention it. It is completely barmy to me
Kindhearted people, "oh, the pandemic, oh, she's not well, let's email her," and then no response and it slips your mind until the next subscription payment comes out, "oh, the pandemic, oh, she's not well, let's email her," and then no response and it slips your mind until the next subscription payment comes out and so on. And Patreon doesn't get involved, tells you to take it up with the creator about non-delivery of rewards, and before you know it another month has gone by and another subscription has been charged.

I'd have cancelled my subscription after the first month, but that's just me.

Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.